Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SAVEBINARY?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gi@nnis
Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:36 pm    Post subject: SAVEBINARY? Reply with quote

As far as I know there is a LOADBINARY instruction that "Will load a binary file at the specified address" (quoting cheat engine manual).

Is there a SAVEBINARY or something similar?

If not, is it possible (realistically for an amateur possible) to write a chunk of memory into a file using the auto-assembler?

Thanks in advance!
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use the save memory option in file->memorybrowser and disable the header

or using lua:
Code:

writeRegionToFile(filename, sourceaddress,size) : Writes the given region to a file. Returns the number of bytes written

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Gi@nnis
Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
You can use the save memory option in file->memorybrowser and disable the header

or using lua:
Code:

writeRegionToFile(filename, sourceaddress,size) : Writes the given region to a file. Returns the number of bytes written

Thanks, but it's not exactly what I was looking for. I try to save a map object to a file (when then script gets disabled) and read it from the file when the script is enabled. I'm doing it with LUA currently, (using hotkeys), but I don't know how to call a lua function when an assembly script reach a specific point.
Is it possible to call a LUA function from assembly? (not luaCall or {$lua})
something like:
Code:
push arg_count
  push arg_value
  push function_name
  call lua_functionCall
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes. look at the lua template in the auto assembler. It sets up a function you can pass scripts to including one integer value (if you need more pass an address to a block of memory you define yourself)

You might want to rethink what you wish to do though (perhaps an low level access to the file create/file write instead, or using tbe shared memory functionality that keeps memory availae even when the process has terminated and that with loadbinary and simple copy,)

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Gi@nnis
Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
yes. look at the lua template in the auto assembler. It sets up a function you can pass scripts to including one integer value (if you need more pass an address to a block of memory you define yourself)

You might want to rethink what you wish to do though (perhaps an low level access to the file create/file write instead, or using tbe shared memory functionality that keeps memory availae even when the process has terminated and that with loadbinary and simple copy,)

Yeah that's exactly what I was looking for, but I don't know how to do it. It is a bit too complicated for me, at the moment. I'll try the LUA solution for now and maybe in the future if I get spare time I'll search a little deeper for the solution you're suggesting.
Thanks for your help and the advice!Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: