Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Heroes of the Pacific... HELP! FRUSTERATING!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VisMajorX
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Heroes of the Pacific... HELP! FRUSTERATING! Reply with quote

I totally know how to do a basic hack, even some not so basic ones.. I've been doing this for years now, and I've NEVER had this much of a problem with a game before... I'm just totally lost as to what I'm suppose to do to figure this out.. I have a feeling that I have to ask you all for help, so that you can walk me through some of the types of hacks that I've never done before... would you help me please?

Here is the problem.. I want UNLIMITED "Secondary Ammo" for my plane (I do not care if the enemy gets it too - they won't use it) so that I can drop as many torpedos or fire as many missles or drop as many bombs as I want. So the obvious thing to do would be to look at the total amount of bombs remaining (they are replenished after a short period of time - I think THAT is the key to the solution actually - more later) ... and just do a basic hack on those numbers. That ends up giving me nothing to work with. Eventually I just run out of addresses and I haven't found my bombs left so I can freeze that value or increase it to 999 or something like that.

Even doing UNKNOWN VALUE searches, leaves me with a few addresses that MUST have something to do with how many bombs are left but I can't figure out what to do with those numbers... this I THINK is where I need your help.

So if I'm in a plane that only has ONE torpedo as a secondary weapon which is refilled after a short time.. and I do "UNKNOWN VALUE" search.. drop the torpedo.. then tell CE that the value has changed... go back to the game... play for 2 seconds.. go back to CE and tell it that the value has changed.. play for another 2 seconds.. go back to CE and tell it that the value has changed... OVER AND OVER AGAIN.. then finally when it reloads my torpedo so I have one to fire again.. I tell it that the value changed... play for another 2 seconds... then I tell it that the value has NOT changed... and I ALWAYS GET 3 ADDRESSES .. every time.

But freezing those addies don't seem to do anything.. they LOOK to me like they are the "timer" for how long its going to be before I get my weapon back (reloaded) .. and technically that was what I was searching for because searching for the actual number of torpedos doesn't work.

IF... I had say 3 bombs.. and I did this SAME TYPE of search... I would end up with 3 sets of 3 adresses... one for each bomb it seems. Like each bomb is on a timer.. and that is how long it'll be before I get reloaded after I've dropped it.

But the numbers in the addresses make no sense to me and I can't figure out what to do with them. So... is this where I have to use the debuger and autoassembler? Because I don't understand them and when I tried to use them both via instructions.. it was almost like it wasn't working for me. But I'm probablly just doing it wrong.

Maybe there is a way to find the "when player presses the drop bomb button.." (fire secondary weapon) ".. remove one bomb from the players inventory and start a timer to count how long before he gets it back" code and change it so that instead it adds another bomb for me, or just doesn't take away the bomb I just dropped?

What should I do guys? And I'd REALLY appreciate the help, because I know that this problem is going to keep creeping up in games now a days so I'd like to learn how to use the debugger and assembler if that is going to help me... can you guys walk me through what I should do next? Please?

Thanks! Maybe one of you has this game, or the demo.. and can try it out yourself and tell me what I have to do exactly... I would REALLY appreciate that guys.

Thanks again.

VMX
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: