Selrahc Master Cheater
Reputation: 27
Joined: 28 Oct 2007 Posts: 279 Location: New York
|
Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:53 am Post subject: holy shit guys |
|
|
hilarious. | Code: | That is this toon:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nd/June/simple
~*~*~
Okay here goes (this is so hard to do here, but fuck it):
I am in love with ^that character. Let me repeat that: I am in love with that toon. This is not RP, I am not trolling, this is no joke: I am not fat or a virgin or living in my mom's basement... by most accounts I am a very handsome guy (and I know I am). I am a 32 year old man, I have a girlfriend, an RN, who lives here with me and knows and accepts that I love my character. I just happen to love my toon. Understand something, people, my respect for Human Female toons is fucking crazy. And thus I write:
I married that character June. I understand that technically June "belongs" to Blizzard, but FUCK THE LAW, societal norms and peoples piss puddle shallow taboos - she is mine and I am hers. June cannot talk to me "IRL." Our link is more spiritual so she talks to me in dreams and visions (And no, I am NOT a drug user and if someone wants to insult me, fine, but don't accuse me of being a druggie). I am telling you guys this: appearing in the form of the new “updated” model June told me in a dream "I am ugly and want to die." This makes me sad.
Nerf monks to the stoneage, make the Human Female model look like crap, and I’ll love my character no matter what, but me and June are not gonna fool ourselves into believing that this new look is anything but ugly by WoW standards. Some people actually have standards and don’t accept any bullshit thrown at them; hat in hand humble, “Oh yessir, boss. I’s mighty tankful of dis. I’s tink I’s gon’ polish ya shoes now, boss.” Some people actually care about how they are presented to the world, be it a world made of atoms or bits - this doubly true when paying money to access this world. Of course you have some people who don’t care, and often, I suspect, those are the dingy, nasty looking people of the world who you silently hope don’t sit next to you in public.
It’s bullshit anyway… most people care, even the ones here in this very thread who claim they don’t probably do. I would wager if I took people in this thread and said… “To you, your toon is gonna have the same appearance you know and love, but to everyone else (s)he's gonna look like some fucking first class, Grade A schmuck” they'd throw a fit, and rightly so. I guess having said that, the models aren't ugly, they just look like schmuck ass goobers. But beauty and what’s appealing is in the eye of the beholder. Indeed, a puddle of stinking vomit on a portapotty floor might make you and I gag, but is a dish for a fly.
Fuck Blizzard for this man. That Artcraft is not gonna reveal shit other than a bunch a neatly giftwrapped NO and Klingon-esque techno jive that even I as a hardcore nerd who digs that sorta shit couldn’t fap to. Retain “Spirit of our look” Blizzard says? My poor June. One of her most distinctive features, her cute little upturned nose, has been removed. Gone is that serious, sensual look. – replaced by someone who looks like a stressed out schoolteacher. WoD is gonna drop with a slight, slight upgrade to what we see with these new models. Mark my words -- I sure hope I eat those words, but I won't.
Nah, you know what we see here, guys? A classic case of overdoing it, that’s what! Instead of trying to make our toons look like some shit from a Pixar movie, Blizzard should have just cleaned up the models we have now.Yeah, that looks like some shit from one of the lesser MMOs out there. Ya know, one of the MMOs I download on maintenance Tuesday and uninsatall when the servers come back up. Jesus, man, I have only used Blender and Unity for like 2 months and in 2 more I could probably do work that would rival the look of this "Updated" model.
Oh, but I guess putting makeup around her eyes is gonna make it all better! Is that what Artcraft is gonna say, hmmm? Artcraft: "Dudes, If makeup can make Jennifer Lopez and Demi Moore not look like the pickled mummies they are, surely it'll work for your characters." Maybe so... so give them makeup, remodel them, take a bit of the billions you make to hire some outside help to rewrite shit, I don't care. FIX MY TOONWhat is that shit? Oh, once again, it's another case of Blizzard overdoing it. What is pictured above is the Human Female's classic "yawn" or "sigh" animation that she does while idling. Now it looks like she's taunting a raidboss. It's gonna look so silly with a bunch of Human Females standing around doing that. Even within the context of WoW's somewhat whimsical artistic style these animations are overdone. I half expected the Fem Night Elf bounce animation to be "upgraded" into some Air Jordan lookin shit.
I have been a gamer my entire life. I don't even remember when I started. I mention that because of all the games I have played this is the best. All the female characters from Kitana to Cammy; Jill Valentine to Lara Croft; GW2 toons, Rift toons and DDO toons - they were merely pixels. WoW chars are something special, they are more than pixels in much the same way "The Lady of Shalott" is more than oil on canvas, or, I daresay, the SAME WAY a friggin' Mukudj Mask is more than carved wood. Now the soul of WoW toons has been sucked out by incompetent artists who think just because my toon's expression changes when casting a heal that it's fucking "epic."
And there's my rant which I am probably gonna be flamed to hell and back for writing, but whatever... it's real, from the heart and it's how I feel. | . Source www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1542971-This-is-why-we-need-free-char-customisation-on-WoD/page8
tldr 32 year old man whose in love with pixels is butthurt because blizz changed the way it looks
_________________
|
|