Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Working With Pokemon Zeta/Omicron (RPG Maker XP)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cheatachu
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:13 pm    Post subject: Working With Pokemon Zeta/Omicron (RPG Maker XP) Reply with quote

So, I'm not the first one to try to work with this game and I probably won't be the last, unless I can actually make some headway. I have a pretty solid understanding of editing games and I've been cheating my way (enjoyably) through Pokemon games for a long time, since Red/Blue.

Of course, this game isn't a classical GB Pokemon game, so my understanding of how addressing works only goes so far. In fact, getting much out of it using Cheat Engine has been a real bastard.

The main thing I'm trying to modify right now is the type of Pokemon that come out in a wild battle or in a set-piece battle like walking into a creature on the map. I've started to use the second one because amazingly the addresses don't seem to change if I stay in this room and save-reload so I've been able to work with them for a longer period of time.

RPG maker uses a 2x+1 offset, I discovered thanks to people in the forum. I even found a custom search value type that lets me do the math automagically. Using that I've been able to consistently find a group of values that correspond to the pokemon's number. Of course, they apparently correspond to a lot of other things too. Many of them seem to change to random numbers if I watch CE while I walk around the room, and then only get locked into the number that corresponds to the species in question once the battle starts. But my thought is, they must be pulling those numbers from somewhere else, and maybe if I follow them all the way home I can find the actual number that needs to be changed.

Does anyone have any ideas or assistance, am I barking up the wrong tree, is making these sort of CE changes to a RPG Maker VX game a lost cause? It seems like every bit of code changes a lot of other bits as well.
Gniarf
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Making a cheat table that keeps working after restarting the game for rpg maker games is not impossible, but probably very difficult so it hasn't been done afaik.

It doesn't mean you can't cheat, but cheat-modding those games is probably easier. See if this topic helps: http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?p=5515558

Cheatachu
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made an attempt to open it this way, however the decrypter creates a 1kb project file and opening it in VX or VXAce (both attempted) gives a complaint that it 'failed to load the actor data.'
Gniarf
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the game was made with RPG Maker XP try to edit it with the XP version.
If you look inside the game.r*proj files created by the decrypter you'll see they're just placeholders, they do not explain how to use the files so they cannot make a XP game editable in VX/VXace.

Cheatachu
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah... had gotten myself confused with the link to the other site. My bad. We'll see if progress can be made here.
cyberwolf575
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any progress? I've been trying to do the same thing, trying to change the exp gain but I can't seem to find it.
easyascake
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope it works.
clank
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its ridiculousy hard to hack this hack since its coded really well.

You cant go into debug mode because some how it knows your hacking the game, and when making changes, and trying to start a new game, it will not work either.

I'm not an experienced coder so i'm not sure what to do but i'll try to look into it.

If you want maybe we could work together Smile
DaPro4Head
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: In Game Cash Reply with quote

Seems like in game cash works with 2x+1, so 50$ would be 101 in value
Godnemesis
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:54 pm    Post subject: i found a lot of hacks for this game Reply with quote

check this site for the ultimate hacks
insurgencehacks.blogspot .gr

i cant post urls yet so plz remove the space
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: