Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pointer Tutorial
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials -> Pointer tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
renoturks
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys...i tried to do it all, but...i have something on the left side that appears to be a count and it keep increasing, when i change the value it goes back to the actual value, and i tried to create a pointer and i dont know what else to do =D

ps: tried and did the things that i found here, i'm sure that i'm doing someting wrong or the game that i'm trying to do it difficult...can someone help me out?
pssakal
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:20 am    Post subject: tons of addresses Reply with quote

when i do ""Step 4. Now we need to search for the address of the pointer. Back in the main UCE window press "New Search", tick Hex, and type in that value that was probably the addres of the pointer. press search and there should be one or two addresses that comes up. "" i get tons of adresses, what should i do to find pointer and what is static and dynamic pointers, thanks a lot.
piedroidor
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all Smile

on tuto guide step 6 there is :

"First find the address of the value. When you've found it use the function to find out what accesses this address."

i think its an error (noob inside) cause it doesnt work for me . But with this tuto and selct what write this adress , it perfect working.

c ya
lampuiho
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you hit a value on the stack, you probably would be stuck lol
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in 6.3 you could use THREADSTACK# to address that

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Pterodactyl
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 1:30 am    Post subject: Re: Pointer Tutorial Reply with quote

Glest wrote:
this was originaly a replie I never posted... Since the server went down this morning (or whatever happend).

---------To find a pointer:
Say you got an adress, doesn't matter what, but let's say it's for health. Right click it and select "find out what writes to this pointer". Get hit.
You'll have some code, maybe more pieces... they could be something like this:
Code:
dec [eax+65]
mov [eci+65],300
inc [eax+65]

So, clearly, there is something with the 65. It is the offset. Now, if you double click one of those lines, a window will pop-up. It will tell you the values of eax,eci and all the others. Find the one that you need (for the first it would be eax, the second eci and third eax again). Now, start a new scan, 4 bytes and tick the box HEX. Scan for the value that we just looked up.

Worst case scenario: you get thousends of adresses.
Best: you get one
If you get one adress it's simple... If you got more it gets a bit harder. Anyway, look for green adresses in the search list. They are static (meaning that it doesn't change). If there are no greens, than just continue with a black one.

Click the button "add manualy". Check the box pointer and enter the adress we just found. In offset, enter 65. Done.

Now, if you didn't have a green adress, repeat for the pointer from the beginning. But make sure you find out what writes to the pointer, not the value pointed to.

--------
There is another way... Let's say you found this:
mov [eax+65],300
And you can't seem to find a pointer. Click "show assembler". The top most line is the code we found. Scroll up a bit, and you might find a line writing to eax.. for example, you might see this:
Code:
mov eax,0026F286
mov [eax+65],300

Now you need to know what [] is for. When something is between [], it meens it is treated as a pointer.
so
Code:
mov eax,300      //moves 300 into eax
mov[eax],300             //moves 300 into the adress stored in eax.

Back to the example. eax now holds 0026F286. It might be an adress (and it is in this case)
Now, "mov [eax],300" will write to the adress stored in eax, wich we just saw. So, our pointer has to be 0026F286 with offset 65.

--------------------
it is also possible to treat adresses as pointers, instead of registers. So

mov [0026F286],300

is the same as

mov eax,0026F286
mov [eax],300

The problem with this way is that you can't use an offset.. unles "mov [0026F286]+65,300" is allowed. But I don't know that for sure...

How can I find the offset?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials -> Pointer tutorials All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: