Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Its suppose to be a spaceship crashing.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sewer slushi
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:35 pm    Post subject: Its suppose to be a spaceship crashing. Reply with quote

i'm probably going to forget I ever posted here. still i demand feedback. i got no business drawing planetary junk. but gotta get it figured out to get my comic crap visualized.

material: lead pencil and some cardboard like divider that was inside a color pencil package.

protip: flattery will get you nowhere. criticism will make us soul mates or someshit.

ps, its upside down (idkhow2rotate.)

155.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  129.47 KB
 Viewed:  14543 Time(s)

155.jpg

Up2Admin
I'm a spammer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's really hard to give advice considering the size and quality of the photo. But otherwise there's this: space is black, not white. On top of that it looks like each planet has a different light source, which is a little odd. If they're orbiting the same star, they should have the same primary light source, which is the star. Of course there would also be light reflected from other planets/moons if they're that close together (I'll go ahead and assume they're moons). Lastly, when doodling on material like cardboard you have to be really careful about the pressure you apply, otherwise you get a horrible effect from making things too dark, where the cardboard tears a little.

If you need to know anything else, feel free to ask. I'm also curious about this "comic crap" you're talking about. Context helps with criticism :p

How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know nothing when it comes to light sources, halp.
yup, they're moons.

it goes like: demon in the water (i'm going with that as the title ((for now at least)) is some universe/story i made up and never saw it going anywhere, because i'm lazy. e-friend told me he'd be my writer when i told him about it. i figured i was too vague and too all over the place for him to actually do something.

then. e-friend gives me this:

"Here, in this place, there is silence. There are seeds of deep darkness scattered all over, but these cannot sprout into dread, for dread grows in the mind, and this is, indeed, a mindless place. There is a coldness all over as well which does not turn into shivers, for this is, in fact, a skinless place. Yes, there are demons in every shadow here, yet this place is free from temptation and fear, for this is a heartless place. The peace that is present here goes unmatched throughout all of the realm of existence, but look now and see as this peace becomes broken.
Watch the sky open, and see a star falling. Witness this star crashing, forever scarring this ground. Weep for this star as it dies with it’s contents of fire and smoke bleeding out, polluting the virginal air. Search carefully through it’s remains for the fragments of human life which have emerged from its belly. Like torches of light, they flee, one by one, into the depths. Listen for their shrieks, erupting, shattering the fragile frame that separates what this place has always been from the hellhole it has always had the potential to be.
Reach out and feel their anger, like a red hot dagger, ripping into the essence of this place. Imagine their thoughts as they realize that they are lost, their desperate tears giving spark to the desolate dark, and igniting a blaze of dread which spreads much like a chill in the air, seeping relentlessly into their flesh. Taste the fear as it blooms in their hearts. Like blood in a shark tank, it entices the demons of this place. Like birds, these demons flock, and like battering rams, they force their way into these beaten bodies of frozen flesh.
Keep watching as calmness attempts to return. Like a bubble that has ruptured through the placid ocean floor, the brief explosion of life comes and goes, leaving no evidence of it’s passing other than the faint scar through which it once emerged. In this case, that scar is a motionless, metal carcass, measuring nearly one mile long, cradled by a boundless sea of debris and ashes surrounding it’s gravesite. The contents of this sea give hints to the travesty that was. They are a window frame without a pane, a copper wire without a circuit, an arm without a torso, and a mind without a soul. These are the sorts of things that you will find here now; Broken and in need of repair, and the demons of the air all know just where to start..."

he asked me to draw something to go with it. now i'm designing planets and moons.

Also;

i really dig the first photo paupauv has in his thread, so i i used it as ref' for dis drawin'.

(idk why i can't post the link)

207.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  65.07 KB
 Viewed:  14505 Time(s)

207.jpg

Up2Admin
I'm a spammer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like an interesting project. Best of luck with it!

I would look into how light works, the physics involved and everything. It'll really help you in your art (trust me). In fact, learning how things work in general helps a ton with art.
But anyways, with lighting I'd say the hardest part is picking a good place for the light source. I've done a few pieces involving space/planets and I'd say a good way to pick a light source is to just doodle a bunch of spheres with different light sources hitting them from different directions then pick the ones you thing look the best for the setting. Then after that, just try to make them all fit in (and make sure they all seem to use a proper light source).

I'm not really good at explaining things, though. Feel free to look up some tutorials or something for shading, especially something that includes the use of a light source.
I used to have a lot of good shading tutorials bookmarked from conceptart.org but I don't anymore, unfortunately.
But if you're not short on time, I would really suggest learning how light works. It helps a lot. Even for cartoons and comics, lighting is usually quite important.

Also nice drawing, keep 'em coming!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Art All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: