Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question about Software!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
newbienthu
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:38 am    Post subject: Question about Software! Reply with quote

Do you need really need a commercial licence for a software if you earn money using it?
For example: I have to make a poster for an Olympiad(optional examination)
which is being organised by a school. Now they will charge the students who are willing to take the examination a certain amount of money for registration and I will get some percentage of the total money earned. I decided to use Adobe Illustrator, now I'm wondering, do I need a licence and does it have to be a commercial one if I'm going to do this? This is gonna be a one time job, I won't regularly make posters for money.

Thank you for your reply in advance.

Gniarf
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can find Adobe's licensing terms here: http://www.adobe.com/legal/licenses-terms.html
Quoting Illustrator's EULA:
Adobe wrote:
2.1.2.1 Non-Serialized Software [and Evaluation Software]. The Software, or portions of the Software [...] may only be installed and used on any number of Compatible
Computers as part of an organizational deployment plan during the License Term for demonstration,
evaluation, and training purposes only, and only if any Output Files or other materials produced through
such use are used only for internal, non-commercial, and non-production purposes.
So you need to buy a license, sorry... Or hope no-one notices. If it's a one-time job for your school you're almost certain that nobody is going to look at how your poster was done.
From adobe's standpoint I don't think whatever you could pay would be worth suing you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: