Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with pointers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Unklover
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:51 pm    Post subject: Problem with pointers Reply with quote

Hello, when i find the pointer and I restart my game it doesn't work anymore, someone can explain why? and how to solve that? thanks for all
Rydian
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two possibilities.

A - It's not the right pointer. Use the pointer scanner and increase the max offset and the depth and keep restarting the game and opening the previous results and rescanning to filter it down.

B - If the game you're targeting is running through an interpreter (java, flash, browser, etc.) then pointers are a waste of energy in most cases as they will break all the time, and you should look into alternate methods (aobs, native script/class editing) specific to whatever it is.

Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rydian,

What is aobs?

Regards,
xr
Unklover
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rydian wrote:
Two possibilities.

A - It's not the right pointer. Use the pointer scanner and increase the max offset and the depth and keep restarting the game and opening the previous results and rescanning to filter it down.

B - If the game you're targeting is running through an interpreter (java, flash, browser, etc.) then pointers are a waste of energy in most cases as they will break all the time, and you should look into alternate methods (aobs, native script/class editing) specific to whatever it is.

Hello, it's kinda confusing maybe i have to search for green address? can you give me a tutorial that may work? i used a lot of them and it's impossible for me to get the right pointer
Rydian

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=570083

This teaches about AOB scans and basic injection scripts.

But what game is it, what does it run on? Even some PC games like Terraria are written with .NET and you'll need scripts to keep stuff between runs (since they're compiled on run, like things written in an interpreted language).

How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im trying to test on Starbound i can find money addres, hp, etc but can't find the static address
Rydian

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unklover wrote:
Im trying to test on Starbound i can find money addres, hp, etc but can't find the static address
I was able to find pointers that worked for me (and some others) in Starbound using the pointer scanner.

When you do the first scan it has you save the file somewhere (well, one control file and a lot of data files, but you only deal with the control file in CE's interface). After that, to rescan, open the pointer scanner interface again, but close the settings window and then go to "File -> Open" or whatever on the pointer scanner window to open the previous results, then use the rescan menu to filter it down again by whatever points to the new address.

How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pointercount:3416778943, is that normal? and my rescan memory its like 1 hour to finish..

well after some hours i got the pointer, i'm able to restart the game and still having the pointer with the correct value, it shows that:

but this addreses always change when i restart the game, how i use it on c++ WriteProcessMemory?
Rydian

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it's normal for pointer scans to come up with a lot of initial results and they can take hours depending on the amount of RAM the game eats and your specs.

I don't know about implementing it in C++, but the final address changes a lot because it's a pointer, so you need to use it as a pointer. The base and then the offsets are what you implement, not the final address.

How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rydian wrote:
Yes it's normal for pointer scans to come up with a lot of initial results and they can take hours depending on the amount of RAM the game eats and your specs.

I don't know about implementing it in C++, but the final address changes a lot because it's a pointer, so you need to use it as a pointer. The base and then the offsets are what you implement, not the final address.

thanks for all you helped me a lot

My last question is if someone can explain me how to use the pointer in c++ or where can i check a tutorial or something? thank for all guys
Unklover
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nobody?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: