Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

court went as planned
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheIndianGuy
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol to those of you saying you helped a 'drug addict friend' get clean just proves he wasn't a drug addict. a normal person can get addicted to drugs but once shit starts going downhill in their life they will stop. the difference between an addict is that they won't stop. they'll continue fucking up their lives more and more. they can just simply walk away.

think what you want, but you really don't know what you're talking about.
Daniel.
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheIndianGuy wrote:
lol to those of you saying you helped a 'drug addict friend' get clean just proves he wasn't a drug addict. a normal person can get addicted to drugs but once shit starts going downhill in their life they will stop. the difference between an addict is that they won't stop. they'll continue fucking up their lives more and more. they can just simply walk away.

If an addict can simply walk away, how is that addiction

Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel. wrote:
TheIndianGuy wrote:

exactly my point. you're starting to understand.
Daniel.
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheIndianGuy wrote:
Daniel. wrote:
TheIndianGuy wrote:

Are you saying there's no such thing as drug addicts then

Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheIndianGuy wrote:
Daniel. wrote:
TheIndianGuy wrote:

That's not really a point. You talk as though the addiction rules your life in a constant manner. Once you use, the cold sweat/hunger/whatever you want to call it dissipates. My little brother used to use a lot of different types of drugs. He always talked about regretting it later, and feeling like shit because he used again. They were moments of clarity (as far as you can have those when you are high off your ass), one of which he used to get himself admitted and eventually get clean. If you don't want to get better after using, you don't want to get better at all, and are using the word 'addiction' as a scapegoat to not even having to try.

I'm guessing your mindset at this point is more of a 'I can't fail if I don't try'.
TheIndianGuy
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aniblaze wrote:
TheIndianGuy wrote:
Daniel. wrote:
TheIndianGuy wrote:

That's not really a point. You talk as though the addiction rules your life in a constant manner. Once you use, the cold sweat/hunger/whatever you want to call it dissipates. My little brother used to use a lot of different types of drugs. He always talked about regretting it later, and feeling like shit because he used again. They were moments of clarity (as far as you can have those when you are high off your ass), one of which he used to get himself admitted and eventually get clean. If you don't want to get better after using, you don't want to get better at all, and are using the word 'addiction' as a scapegoat to not even having to try.

I'm guessing your mindset at this point is more of a 'I can't fail if I don't try'.

you do'nt understand. you're an addict before you start using. it doesn't matter if you're cleaj for 10 years you're still an addict you still have thoughts of wanting to use. the desre never goes away. it gets easier. the withdrawal goes away but the psycological aspect is there the rest of your life. the difference between a drug addict and a non drug addict:

two guys one is and one isn't. they both get into meth. they are using dialy. one guys life starts goign down hill. he starts slipping up in sfhool. getting in troble, going to jail, etc. this stuff and it will be a wake up call. he'll be able to stop no problem.

now the drug addict, me for example. all this horrible shit will happen to his life as a result of his drug addiction. he'll have friends overdose. he'll rob people, he'll stab people, hold people up at gunpoint, go to jail several times, be tested on probation knowing he's goign to test dirty and still use, he'll lose family members, he'll lose hsi family, become homeless. none of this will stop the drug addict from stopping using.

if you're not a drug addict, you wouldn't understand. i'm wastiing my time expkaining to you guys because you couldnlt possibly understand.
Aniblaze
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheIndianGuy wrote:
you do'nt understand. you're an addict before you start using. it doesn't matter if you're cleaj for 10 years you're still an addict you still have thoughts of wanting to use. the desre never goes away. it gets easier. the withdrawal goes away but the psycological aspect is there the rest of your life. the difference between a drug addict and a non drug addict:

two guys one is and one isn't. they both get into meth. they are using dialy. one guys life starts goign down hill. he starts slipping up in sfhool. getting in troble, going to jail, etc. this stuff and it will be a wake up call. he'll be able to stop no problem.

now the drug addict, me for example. all this horrible shit will happen to his life as a result of his drug addiction. he'll have friends overdose. he'll rob people, he'll stab people, hold people up at gunpoint, go to jail several times, be tested on probation knowing he's goign to test dirty and still use, he'll lose family members, he'll lose hsi family, become homeless. none of this will stop the drug addict from stopping using.

if you're not a drug addict, you wouldn't understand. i'm wastiing my time expkaining to you guys because you couldnlt possibly understand.

I think I do understand, but you are quite horrible at explaining it. You are saying people have a genetic disposition to addiction. That sounds plausible. My grandma for example smoked for thirty years, and at 50 decided to quit. Stopped cold turkey, sometimes smoked at a birthday but that was it. At seventy she didn't smoke at all anymore. Died at 95.

Now I realize my grandma isn't exactly a focus group that confirms your statement, but this does: http://neurowiki2013.wikidot.com/individual:genetics-of-addiction
teeigeryuh
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aniblaze wrote:
TheIndianGuy wrote:

I think I do understand, but you are quite horrible at explaining it. You are saying people have a genetic disposition to addiction. That sounds plausible. My grandma for example smoked for thirty years, and at 50 decided to quit. Stopped cold turkey, sometimes smoked at a birthday but that was it. At seventy she didn't smoke at all anymore. Died at 95.

Now I realize my grandma isn't exactly a focus group that confirms your statement, but this does: http://neurowiki2013.wikidot.com/individual:genetics-of-addiction

because she wasn't as much as an addict as it seemed, she might just do it just because

ლ(╹◡╹ლ)
Ryuk
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheIndianGuy wrote:

we just move on to more socially acceptable addictions...

Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah sorry for retard speak. was way too benzd the last week.
Antagonist
Cheater
Ban

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think youre just having self-fulfilled prophecy. you think you wont make it and you tell everyone you cant do it. and then you give it a try out of obligations then you fail on purpose. and then you say to everyone "you see? I told you I cant do it, you just dont understand" but on the other hand I guess youre right I dont understand im only 17 anyways ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

tough guy talix wrote:
i've had it with your shit. fuck outta here
Phox
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheIndianGuy wrote:

Actually, it's probably easier than you think for non-addicts to understand how you feel. Yes, we understand that the psychological urge to use heroin will remain years after the physical symptoms go away. And we understand that in order to abstain from using, you are going to have to go against those urges without any way to make them actually go away. And it will suck. Sure, if you're alone in your house, with drugs and a means to administer them right in front of you, no wonder you relapsed. Don't put yourself in the position to be able to obtain and use heroin to begin with. Surround yourself with friends and family who you trust and who you know can prevent you from acquiring or using drugs if you are in the position to. You're not going to stop being addicted to heroin, so give yourself a good reason not to use it.

A few years ago, my cousin was addicted to cocaine. He relapsed over and over. He eventually moved in with my family and that was the first time in probably a couple of years that he hadn't snorted coke for more than a month. The fact of the matter is, it didn't matter how much he wanted coke, because my parents pretty much knew where he was 24/7. This was the first time that he had an actual reason to quit, as opposed to when, just like you, he was living by himself and getting a line was a phone call away. He lived with us for 4 whole months and you'd better believe that we forced him to stop doing drugs whether he liked it or not.

Different drug, but the same exact story. If you are so conscious of how addiction will continue to affect you, then you know that you aren't doing enough to prevent it. If you know that you can't control the urge, then you need someone else to help you control the urge. And if people aren't helping you (and clearly they aren't because someone thought it would be a good idea to prescribe you benzos), you need to seek out people who will.
TheIndianGuy
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know i have the power to quit heroin for good. i've been wanting to stop for almost two years. but part of me doesn't want to stop. it's just so damn good.

thank you for the support and stories, it really does give me hope.

fucking girls... i had to take the bus home from my girls house while she went to do somethign with her family. my bus pass expired. i had to walk home. we were suppposed to go to an AA meeting at 7. i got home at like 7:03. and she got all mad at me cuz she went alone. i ended up passing out in the brothers bed til just now cuz i have been up and out the last few days. fnally try o talk to her and she ignores me. i have some weed heroin and a rig. so badly want to get high and not be so sad.... ;-;
Antagonist
Cheater
Ban

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheIndianGuy wrote:
i know i have the power to quit heroin for good. i've been wanting to stop for almost two years. but part of me doesn't want to stop. it's just so damn good.

thank you for the support and stories, it really does give me hope.

fucking girls... i had to take the bus home from my girls house while she went to do somethign with her family. my bus pass expired. i had to walk home. we were suppposed to go to an AA meeting at 7. i got home at like 7:03. and she got all mad at me cuz she went alone. i ended up passing out in the brothers bed til just now cuz i have been up and out the last few days. fnally try o talk to her and she ignores me. i have some weed heroin and a rig. so badly want to get high and not be so sad.... ;-;

im in worse situation than you with girl problem and im fine. you can deal with it man.

tough guy talix wrote:
i've had it with your shit. fuck outta here
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Random spam All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: