Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

memscan_firstScan Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mettaursp
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: memscan_firstScan Problem Reply with quote

I am trying to make a scanner that finds the sun value in Plants vs. Zombies (original) by using memscan_firstScan and I can't find out how to use a scan with a value type of 4 Bytes. I currently have
Code:
 memscan_firstScan(scanner,1,0,2,"50",nil,0,0xFFFFFFFFFF,"+W*X",0,"",true,false,false,false)
and that scans single byte values. I know how to find the sun manually, and I am able to find the correct value in 2-3 scans usually. Here are the settings:
Hex - false
Scan Type - Exact Value
Value Type - 4 Bytes
Value - 50 (starting sun)

Also, while I am here, what is the function that retrieves the results of the scan? I should only need one scan because I can already check the opcode to see if it is "xor al,[eax]", which is what all active sun values have as their opcode. Any suggestions?

Cheat Engine PvZ Sun Scan Settings.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  66.17 KB
 Viewed:  12060 Time(s)

Cheat Engine PvZ Sun Scan Settings.png

Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

change the second parameter from 0 to vtDword

To get the results create a foundlist object attached to the memscan. then when the scan has finished (use waitTillDone() ) initialize the foundlist and read through the Address list

Code:

MemScan Class (Inheritance: Object)
getCurrentMemscan() : Returns the current memory scan object. If tabs are used the current tab's memscan object
createMemScan(progressbar OPTIONAL) : Returns a new MemScan class object

properties
  FoundList: FoundList - The foundlist currently attached to this memscan object
  OnlyOneResult: boolean - If this is set to true memscan will stop scanning after having found the first result, and written the address to "Result"
  Result: Integer - If OnlyOneResult is used this will contain the address after a scan has finished

methods

firstScan(scanoption, vartype, roundingtype, input1, input2 ,startAddress ,stopAddress ,protectionflags ,alignmenttype ,"alignmentparam" ,isHexadecimalInput ,isNotABinaryString, isunicodescan, iscasesensitive);
    Does an initial scan.
    memscan: The MemScan object created with createMemScan
    scanOption: Defines what type of scan is done. Valid values for firstscan are:
      soUnknownValue: Unknown initial value scan
      soExactValue: Exact Value scan
      soValueBetween: Value between scan
      soBiggerThan: Bigger than ... scan
      soSmallerThan: smaller than ... scan

vartype: Defines the variable type. Valid variable types are:
      vtByte
      vtWord  2 bytes
      vtDword 4 bytes
      vtQword 8 bytes
      vtSingle float
      vtDouble
      vtString
      vtByteArray
      vtGrouped
      vtBinary
      vtAll

roundingtype: Defined the way scans for exact value floating points are handled
      rtRounded : Normal rounded scans. If exact value = "3" then it includes 3.0 to 3.49999999. If exact value is "3.0" it includes 3.00 to 3.0499999999
      rtTruncated: Truncated algoritm. If exact value = "3" then it includes 3.0 to 3.99999999. If exact value is "3.0" it includes 3.00 to 3.099999999
      rtExtremerounded: Rounded Extreme. If exact value = "3" then it includes 2.0000001 to 3.99999999. If exact value is "3.0" it includes 2.900000001 to 3.099999999

input1: If required by the scanoption this is a string of the given variable type
    input2: If requires by the scanoption this is the secondary input

startAddress : The start address to scan from. You want to set this to 0
    stopAddress  : The address the scan should stop at. (You want to set this to 0xffffffffffffffff)

protectionflags : See aobscan about protectionflags
    alignmenttype : Scan alignment type. Valid options are:
      fsmNotAligned : No alignment check
      fsmAligned    : The address must be dividable by the value in alignmentparam
      fsmLastDigits : The last digits of the address must end with the digits provided by alignmentparam

alignmentparam : String that holds the alignment parameter.

isHexadecimalInput: When true this will handle the input field as a hexadecimal string else decimal
    isNotABinaryString: When true and the varType is vtBinary this will handle the input field as a decimal instead of a binary string
    isunicodescan: When true and the vartype is vtString this will do a unicode (utf16) string scan else normal utf8 string
    iscasesensitive : When true and the vartype is vtString this check if the case matches

nextScan(scanoption, roundingtype, input1,input2, isHexadecimalInput, isNotABinaryString, isunicodescan, iscasesensitive, ispercentagescan, savedresultname OPTIONAL);
    Does a next scan based on the current addresslist and values of the previous scan or values of a saved scan
    memscan: The MemScan object that has previously done a first scan
    scanoption:
      soExactValue: Exact Value scan
      soValueBetween: Value between scan
      soBiggerThan: Bigger than ... scan
      soSmallerThan: smaller than ... scan
      soIncreasedValue: Increased value scan
      soIncreasedValueBy: Increased value by scan
      soDecreasedValue: Decreased value scan
      soDecreasedValueBy: Decreased value by scan
      soChanged: Changed value scan
      soUnchanged: Unchanged value scan

roundingtype: Defined the way scans for exact value floating points are handled
      rtRounded : Normal rounded scans. If exact value = "3" then it includes 3.0 to 3.49999999. If exact value is "3.0" it includes 3.00 to 3.0499999999
      rtTruncated: Truncated algoritm. If exact value = "3" then it includes 3.0 to 3.99999999. If exact value is "3.0" it includes 3.00 to 3.099999999
      rtExtremerounded: Rounded Extreme. If exact value = "3" then it includes 2.0000001 to 3.99999999. If exact value is "3.0" it includes 2.900000001 to 3.099999999

input1: If required by the scanoption this is a string of the given variable type
    input2: If requires by the scanoption this is the secondary input

isHexadecimalInput: When true this will handle the input field as a hexadecimal string else decimal
    isNotABinaryString: When true and the varType is vtBinary this will handle the input field as a decimal instead of a binary string
    isunicodescan: When true and the vartype is vtString this will do a unicode (utf16) string scan else normal utf8 string
    iscasesensitive : When true and the vartype is vtString this check if the case matches
    ispercentage: When true and the scanoption is of type soValueBetween, soIncreasedValueBy or soDecreasedValueBy will cause CE to do a precentage scan instead of a normal value scan
    savedResultName: String that holds the name of a saved result list that should be compared against. First scan is called "FIRST"

newscan() : Clears the current results
  waitTillDone() : Waits for the memscan thread(s) to finish scanning. Always use this
  saveCurrentResults(name) : Save the current scanresults to a unique name for this memscan. This save can be used to compare against in a subsequent next scan
  getAttachedFoundlist() : Returns a FoundList object if one is attached to this scanresults. Returns nil otherwise

setOnlyOneResult(state): If set to true before you start a scan, this will cause the scanner to only return one result. Note that it does not work with a foundlist
  getOnlyResult(): Only works if returnOnlyOneResult is true. Returns nil if not found, else returns the address that was found (integer)

FoundList
The foundlist is an object that opens the current memscan's result file and provides an interface for reading out the addresses

createFoundList(memscan)

properties
  Count: integer;
  Address[index]
  Value[index]

methods
  initialize() : Call this when a memscan has finished scanning. This will open the results for reading
  deinitialize() : Release the results
  getCount()
  getAddress(index) : Returns the address as a string
  getValue(index) : Returs the value as a string

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
mettaursp
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, and turns out 50 was in hex so I was ending up with values of 80 in the scan results, so I had to switch 50 with 32. Now just to make sure that the sure that the script identifies the correct value. Btw, is there any Lua function to write to an opcode, and is there a Lua function to do what "Find out what writes to/accesses this address" does?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: