Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to Hack games like "Galaxy on Fire 2" - v1.0.7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lukong
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:47 pm    Post subject: How to Hack games like "Galaxy on Fire 2" - v1.0.7 Reply with quote

What is below this is old, I say this I did this with 1.0.7 and you could use iFunbox [I was looking for something Portable] instead. As for 1.0.8 the Item list is a bit off meaning if your looking for the new weapons go a little higher...or maybe they got there own values at the end of the list. So I might Rearranged this thread and one of the things I love about this thread is there is no Timer on how long a thread is available to edit.

I also was searching for a solution to hack Galaxy on Fire 2 and other apps. I realize that there are different methods for certain games. Another way is to use pList/iFile, Sources from Cydia that offer Shareware or Freeware trainers and cheats from Cydia.

Jailbreaking isn't illegal [But difficult] so telling someone this method means you could be doing this to a paid app.

Requirements
- Jailbroken iDevice
- A Computer & iDevice Cord/Recharger
- SBSetting [Cydia > Search > SBSetting]
- iPhone Browser [Google > Look for 1.93 > Click on green one]
- Hex Workshop Portable [Google "Portable Hex Workshop"]

I would like to share the link for the original of How to Hack Galaxy on Fire 2 that was in spanish. Through this whole think don't Close anything until your done
My "Translated"/Learning Method - Example "Metal Wars 2"
To Find the Save
1. [iDevice/SBSettings] Slide to the Right on the Time or Tap it > Tap "More" > "App Folder" > Look for App > Tap on it

2. Go to "Documents" & look for a file with ". Or what you thing is your save
[If there isn't one that means you haven't saved, certain saves are the "auto save", which would be the First (0 or 1), but Metal Wars doesn't have it, though Galaxy on Fire 2 does. Look for Red Wording to find some of the Saves' name]

To Hack Save/Money
1. Connect iDevice to Computer

2. [Computer] Right-Click on bottom bar > "Start Task Manager" > Go to "Processes" > Click an Application > Type the Letter "I" or Find "iTunes" > Press "Delete"/ "Del" and End Process
[If your Computer is slow and you have a lot apps on your iDevice]

3. [Computer/iPhone Browser] Go to iPhone Browser > Go to your save using the same path with iFile
[Which is "slot1.sav" with Metal Wars 2]

4. [Computer/iPhone Browser] Right-Click on "slot1.sav" > "Save As" to Desktop

5. [Computer] Open Hex Workshop [Don't worry about the missing .dll file it will start]

8. [Computer/Hex Workshop] Go to "File" > "Open" > Go to Desktop > Choose save file
[slot1.sav]

9. [Computer/Hex Workshop] Press "Ctrl + F" > Change type to "32 Bit Signed Long" > Type in the amount of money you have into Value > Click "OK"

10. [Computer/Hex Workshop] Look to your Right for "uint32" > Click on the "Value" you typed in and put in the amount you would like.

11. [Computer/Hex Workshop] Save your file/Press "Ctrl + S" > Then Close

To Finish your Hack
1. [iDevice] Slide finger to the right on the Time or Tap it [SBSettings should appear] > Processes > Find Metal Wars [Your Game] > Tap "Minus" > Tap "Delete" > Tap the Time to exit [This is to Shutdown your App certain app needs shutdown]

2. [Computer/iPhone Browser] Go to iPhone Browser > Go to the save file [slot1.sav] > Right Click > Replace File & look for the save file, you put on the desktop > Okay

Quote:
- Your finished, to make sure Go to the game and look for the Money you hacked. For Eternal Legacy Go to 'II' > Character > Look below Face for "Money"

- The Max shown is "9 999 999" for Eternal Legacy and "999 999 999" for Galaxy on Fire 2]

To Redo/Hack on other Apps again
Because I got 32GB iPod 3Gen with tons of app and it takes iPhone Browser a long time to load the application folders. That was the reason to close iTunes while I was connecting the iDevice...besides the fact that the computer has 1GB of ram.

1. Connect your iDevice to the computer

2. [Computer] Close iTunes
[For slow computer and iDevices with a lot of apps]

3. [Computer] Run iPhone Browser

4. [Computer/iPhone Browser] Go to private > var > mobile > Applications

5. [Computer/iPhone Browser] Look for Favorites > "Add to Favorites" > Click "OK" [Only do this once, Sorry]

6. [iDevice/SBSettings] Slide to the Right on the Time or Tap it > Tap "More" > "App Folder" > Look for App > Tap on it

7. [Computer/iPhone Browser] Go to the same path, but Continue through Documents (Differs per game) > Look for your save file (Differs per game)
[Also add where the game save is to your Favorites in case you would like to come back]

8. [Computer/iPhone Browser] Right-Click on save file > "Save As..." to Desktop

9. [Computer] Open Hex Workshop > Open Save file

10. [iDevice/SBSettings/App] Press Home to exit Button SBSettings > Open the game your hacking and look at the value/number your going hack
Remember bigger/odd are better, your most likely to find one address because there can be many of the same small values and if you change the wrong one(s) you could miss up the save.

11. [Computer/Hex Workshop] Press "Ctrl + F" > type in the value/number your going to hack into "Value"> Change "Type" to "32 bit Signed Long" > "Okay"
If your going for smaller numbers and you feel lucky, use "16 bit Signed Short" and for the next step look for "uint16" instead

12. [Computer/Hex Workshop] Look for "uint32" > Change value to what you would like
[If your Type was "16 Bit Signed Short" then your going to have to "Find"/"Ctrl + F" to see if there are more

13. [Computer/Hex Workshop] Save file > save ".BAK"
in case it doesn't work, but when it doesn't be sure the backup/"BAK" file is renamed to its actual save file name

14. [iDevice/App/SBSettings] Close Game with Home Button > Slide Time or Tap Time to open SBSettings > Tap "Processes" > Tap the minus beside the App's name/icon > Tap "Delete" to Shutdown Game> Tap Time to exit

15. [Computer/iPhone Browser] Right Click on your save > "Replace File..." > Choose save file > "Open"

16. [iDevice/App] Enjoy your game
...and solve some of the problems that your coming by...anyways I did this on M.a.p.l.e.S.t.o.r.y Thief Edition, with my Exp [987 to 1 000 000] and now I'm at 76 with 105 skill pts so I'm just going to put that into 97 or 103 and try the method again so my skills pts = 10 000...laters

This Method works on this Games Application
iFile Path of Save file/Name of Save file

Ashpalt 5
var/mobile/Applications/Asphalt5/Documents/data.sav
Galaxy on Fire 2
var/mobile/Applications/GOF 2/Library/GOF/gof2_save_game_0
Metal Wars 2
var/mobile/Applications/MetalWars2/Documents/slot1.sav
Eternal Legacy
var/mobile/Applications/8C95263A-A9BB-4C17-9035-4350A08CF27E/Documents/ELSave_1.sav
MS Thief Edition
var/mobile/Applications/MThief/Documents/thief0
Fast & Furious Adrenaline
/private/var/mobile/Applications/09D90370-9129-4F5E-A87F-04637388888F/Documents/s

Do not go by my Application names because they differ per iDevice.

I almost forgot to share this. I don't own an iPod, but I know 2 people who had one with 3.1.3 which I used Spirit to Jailbreak [Easy] and one with 4.2.1 to 4.1 which I used redsn0w 4x [Didn't work & I had Cydia, but didn't open] then limera1n and a bunch of other steps [Hard, but easy without Downgrading, I wish someone had said save shsh blobs, download the firmware from Jailbreakmatrix > go to iTunes > Hold Shift and Click Restore > Choose firmware and that is one way of downgrading].

I used the Galaxy on Fire 2 hack I found online on an iPod that was a 8GB 2Gen, but I used the SSH & Winscp Portable method instead of iPhone Browser.

This feels just like when I started out with Cheat engine, hacking money[Big numbers], item amount, item, status, exp and etc. I'm going to try that with M.a.p.l.e.S.t.o.r.y and see if I could change the Item Type.

And I did it, but I'm having trouble posting the list. Number Bullets won't show[Windows 7 Wordpad] and can someone make a post PLEASE.

First off, when I was doing this I didn't kill the app and that was whole time while I playing the game.

I thought if you "Replace File..." with the save file and then load it in-game, you would get it, so basically I realize that the loading, playing and saving are controlled by different parts of the game like the icon for the game.

Mac/Apple isn't lazy, there pretty smart to make an IPA application like a zip. That way they could easily modify an App unlike are dear GBA or DS roms, but don't get me wrong I like the games, but how many mods/hacks would there be if you could simply open a game like a folder and mod some files with MS Paint. Its like a PC game in Rom size.

I'm a User of Computers, so I don't know much about javascript, actionscript or C++, all I know is how to use a computer and now I finally realize the difference between a Hacker and a Programmer. A Hacker Exploits Software & a Programmer Invent/Make Software, but there are Hybrids/Developers.

So like in this thread I posted a How-to for hacking Galaxy on Fire 2 with some other games. I chatted, I gave some pictures of my success and in yellow I said that I would try and hack the Item Type in M.a.p.l.e.s.t.o.r.y. Thief Edition so I could changed some items. I'll change what I wrote above on the Thread, because I didn't kill the app so I'm going to try that with other apps, but this will only work with apps that Have Loading & Saving not ones without.

I then got the idea to try this on Galaxy on Fire 2 because I had my best Whip, Gear & Heat [My Save] on another iPod.
So I thought I do what I always do if game gets restarted, erased or I just don't want to spend hundreds of hours on one game and I succeeded will.

This is going to help you in Hackable RPGs with Save files and Saving & Loading, because
your hacking the save, it isn't necessary/Don't Do It to save in-game after its hacked because what your doing is actually overwriting your hacked save file.

Below is a How to find the Item Type & Count and a List of Items for Galaxy on Fire 2 & M.a.p.l.e.s.t.o.r.y. Thief Edition.

Requirements
- Jailbroken iDevice [iPod, iPhone, iPad]
- A Computer & The Recharging Cord
- SBSettings [Cydia > Search > SBSettings]
- iPhone Browser [Google > 1st Link > v1.93 > Green Highlight]
- Hex Workshop Portable [Google with Filetube > 2nd Link > v6 0 1]

How-to Find/Hack/Change Items [Example: Galaxy on Fire 2]

1. Connect your iDevice to the Computer and close iTunes
[If an iDevice has many Apps & the Computer is slow]

2. [Computer] Open iPhone Browser & Hex Workshop Portable

3. [iDevice] Slide on time to Activate the SBSettings > Tap More > Scroll down to App Folders > Tap App/Game's Name/Icon

4. [Computer/iPhone Browser]Go to the Same location on iDevice with iPhone Browser go to save file. GOF2 has it's in Library > GOF
[Most have there's in Documents folder]

5. [Computer/iPhone Browser]Right-Click on the Save File [No.5 is the "Auto-Save" & "gof2_save_game_0" is the Users'] > Click Save As... > Save to desktop

6. [Computer/Hex Workshop Portable]Open Hex Workshop Portable
[Don't worry about the Missing DLL it will start][Do Once & Optional: Options > Toolbars > Toolbars: > Uncheck all under except "Find/Goto"] > File > Open/Ctrl+O > Find/Choose the save file > Click "Open"

7. [iDevice] Go to game look for an Item you would like to hack and look for the Count
[Be sure the value doesn't change meaning don't play]

8. [Computer/Hex Workshop Portable] Press Ctrl + F > Type in the Count into Value > Change type to 32 bit Signed Long
[Also Try 16Bit Signed Short or 8bit Signed Byte] > Click OK > Look for uint32 [Also Try uint16 or uint8] and Change the Value to a Odd/High number you don't see anywhere else > Ctrl + S to Save & save ".BAK" also

9. [Computer/iPhone Browser] Right-Click Save > Click "Replace file" > Choose your Hacked/Save file > Click "Open"

10. [iDevice] Load game & see if the values changed

11. [Computer/Hex Workshop Portable]Ctrl+F the value you Changed it to > Look for the 5th Pair to the right/in front from the Value that Controls the Amount [Tip: There should be 3 pairs of "00" inbetween them] > That is your Item Type Examples are at the Bottom of this Thread

Tip Each Item Slot is 8 Pairs away from each other "33 00 00 00 05" 00 00 00 00 23 13 00 00"28 00 00 00 0A"
Tip Each Item Slot is 5 Pairs in Length "33 00 00 00 05"

12. [Computer/Hex Workshop Portable] Click on the Left side of the Value > Look at Data Inspector > Look for uint32 > Change value

Tip: Change your Item Type to the one you would like or If your making a List Change it to 1 or 0 Start from there, Use Microsoft Office/Windows 7 Wordpad to make Number Bullets.

Tip: [Computer/Hex Workshop Portable]Highlight The Value from the Type to the Amount "33 00 00 00 05" > Right-Click on a Value inside the Highlight > "Add Bookjoe..." > Give it a Description/App: Item Type or Item Slot No. > Click "OK" > Tools > Bookmarks > Save As > Name after Game [To load Bookmarks. Tools > Bookmarks > Open Bookmark Collection]

15. [Computer/Hex Workshop Portable] Save & Save a "Bak"/Backup too

16. [Computer/iPhone Browser] Right Click on Save File > Replace File with Save > Load in-game & Enjoy

Games "The Item Type Hack" work on

For Galaxy on Fire 2 to Load your Hack Save File
- While at a Station, Tap on Gears > Tap "Load Game" > Load your Save
For M.a.p.l.e.s.t.o.r.y. to Load your Hack Save File
- Tap Suitcase[Top-Right] > Tap Options > Tap "MainMenu" > "Tap Yes" > Tap your save/Theif0=First/character > Tap "Start"

Galaxy on Fire 2 Items
0-11 = Laser
12-21 = Blasters
22-27 = Auto-cannon
28-30 = Thermo
31-35 = Rocket
36-40 = Missile
41-43 = EMP bomb
44-46 = Nuke
47-49 = Turret
50-54 = Shield
55-57, 59 = Armor
58, 61 & 62 = EMP Protection
63 - 96 = Equipment [Shields, Tractor, Drill, etc]
97- Commodities & etc

List is below, Sorry it took me so long, I should have taken screenshots and use MS Paint instead of trying to get Microsoft Office Full. I had to uninstall the last one because it kept restarting the computer.

Suggestion for this forum Numbered Bullets, Hexidecimal Bullets and Hex beside Numbered Bullets. Customize which number to start with.
Sadly I'm not finish because this iPod belongs not to me so I got to give it a rest. I'll Post the rest later. I finished the Weapons and Equipments and luckily I made 8 items and I'm using 8 items at a time now, instead of 3 at a time so I'm discovering 8 items at a time.

I think I know what some of Cheat Engine does. I think it allow a Person to scan a activate Program in real-time, which collects & organizes the address that control a String and converts the hexidecimal into values. The Address stands for the Strings, the Value stands for the Hexidecimal & the Type stands for the uint. Cheat Engine is like Hex Workshop, but more User Friendly and Different, with the different ways of looking for a value, for example a Value that Doesn't Change or a Value that Increases. Having a setting for what type of Criteria one would be looking for.
Its funny that there was a Recalculate New Addresses & Change by Offset because I usually use Smart Edit Addresses & Adjust the address and what I use to do when the address got changed was delete them all rescan for everything...Users do what they do V8 Slap.

Sadly after waiting a while to get back My Sister's iPod, was by accidentally Upgraded, which unJailbroke the iPod. Sorry, but I might not be able to get the list done until I get a hold of my Cousin's iPod or reJailbreak my Sister's iPod again.

screenshot5.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  549.33 KB
 Viewed:  144452 Time(s)

screenshot5.jpg

IMG_0420.PNG
 Description:
My First Try on MapleStory.
 Filesize:  209.85 KB
 Viewed:  144462 Time(s)

IMG_0420.PNG

screenshot2.jpg
 Description:
Type Number. Item Type

Look for the Number in Hex Workshop, but to find it easier look for it in Hex, by using the Calculator.

The Red square means those are the Best Items.
 Filesize:  303.24 KB
 Viewed:  144462 Time(s)

screenshot2.jpg

IMG_0412.PNG
 Description:
This is Fast & Furious Adrenaline, but I didn't unlock all the cars.

This is one of those games that depends on Skill rather than Substances.

3 types of Games Ones that keep you Busy [RPG], ones that require your skill [Halo] and Hybrids.
 Filesize:  229.96 KB
 Viewed:  145365 Time(s)

IMG_0412.PNG

ip2ogi.png
 Description:
A picture of what your success can look like and I tell you right know I driven in the best whip with some of the best gear and heat.
I'm going to put my saves on my computer to play them on any iDevice.
 Filesize:  227.24 KB
 Viewed:  145506 Time(s)

ip2ogi.png

Last edited by Lukong on Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:43 pm; edited 67 times in total
Phox
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

This seems like a pretty in depth tutorial you got there. In the future, however, you should make sure that you post in the correct section instead of General Discussions. In this case, that would be the Cheat Engine Tutorials section. I put in a request for a moderator to move this topic.
Lukong
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phox wrote:
This seems like a pretty in depth tutorial you got there. In the future, however, you should make sure that you post in the correct section instead of General Discussions. In this case, that would be the Cheat Engine Tutorials section. I put in a request for a moderator to move this topic.

Sadly I'm not using Dark Byte's Program so I thought it didn't belong there also cause I was talking while giving the tutorial.

Anyways I've been trying to say this MS Thief edition= M.a.p.l.e.S.t.o.r.y Thief Edition without the dots and I've been trying it items with high odd numbers and the Exp and it worked.

For the experience set the number high [I put mines from 987 to 1 000 000 and got Level 76] and for the item only hack the ones that you most likely don't see every where like 2, 1 or 0 cause changing those numbers can stop the game from allowing you to load your save.

Tip if the number is small try and get all your items in your inventory at the same number that way you know which one your hacking. You can kill many birds with one stone...epic.

I was changing an item with 7ea and found 5 or more address, but luckily it did not glitch the game, but I just did this again and I did it with 16 bit Signed long so I will change some of the steps because when I did that, I only had one show up and it worked. My exp was at 987 so that was an easy number to find.

Quote:
I'm saying the following on my sister's iPod, when I was looking for an item with 5ea, I changed all the ones I found to 90. In doing so I also remembered that a skill was at lvl 5 and it got changed to level 90. And I Just discovered how to scroll down with this iDevice due to the fact that there is no scroll bars. I hold the "Line" and scroll slowly down on the edge...Nothing can stop me know!

Those who use Cheat Engine on Real time gaming know that a odd/bigger number is easier to find than a usual number.

Also Instead of going to iFile to find the path of the application use SBSettings > App Folders.

Games NOT to try this on or
Try different things I didn't do, but BACKUP your saves

GunBros
- Resets Save, scanned for Money
- Save Path: /private/var/mobile/Applications/BA7089BD-E189-4360-8430-5DA73D8DF255/Documents
- Save File Name: savegame.dat

Demon Hunter
- Resets Save, scanned for Money
- Couldn't find Exp, Item Count
- Save Path: /private/var/mobile/Applications/E5BF7184-EBAA-4F5D-B374-51A7AB6352A5/Documents
- Save File Name: Save0.dat

Gangstar Miami Vindiction
- Doesn't Work, scanned for Money
- Save Path: /private/var/mobile/Applications/430AD195-4090-44A1-8737-607685DA67F9/Documents
- Save File Name: Gangstar2.sav

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
- Didn't Work, Was unsure of the Save file
- Scanned for Money
- Save Path: /private/var/mobile/Applications/7717D3E7-3336-470F-B177-719B8AC47BD7/Documents/var
- Save File Name: nfshp_save.sb

For those who use Google I wrote the below for you, but look for the answer above this post.

How to hack Galaxy on Fire 2 on iPod iPhone iPad
How to hack M.a.p.l.e.S.t.o.r.y. Thief Edition on iPod iPhone iPad
How to hack Eternal Legacy on iPod iPhone iPad
How to hack Asphalt 5 on iPod iPhone iPad
How to hack Metal Wars 2 on iPod iPhone iPad, but I finished that game too quickly, and I realize that cheaters would probably make great games cause we need a lot of substance and something that keeps us busy.

Thanks Prox for moving my Thread, Thank you very much.

My Progress

IMG_0411.PNG
 Description:
You know what I was talking about if you would like to look for the money in Eternal Legacy, there it is, but I put in 90 500 000 and now the 9 doesn't show, though I have been doing a little spending.
I should work on the experience due to the merchant
 Filesize:  227.48 KB
 Viewed:  145416 Time(s)

IMG_0411.PNG

IMG_0409.PNG
 Description:
You see the brown thing with 45ea, that is Bronze. You need that for the Blacksmith at Kerning City, but if you can't get it from monsters, go to Perion, look for the Chief at the top and hack the items he needs.
He will give you 3 of Bronze or etc.
 Filesize:  87.73 KB
 Viewed:  145417 Time(s)

IMG_0409.PNG

IMG_0407.PNG
 Description:
You see the yellow thing with 67ea & the black thing with 84ea, that is Topaz & Onyx. The reason I have those equipment is because in Kerning City I went to a Blacksmith to make those.
 Filesize:  88.68 KB

IMG_0407.PNG

IMG_0406.PNG
 Description:
The photos of M.a.p.l.e.s.t.o.r.y Thief Edition show that the Exp is hacked [Look for the number you see, so I would look for 2108 and change to 1 000 000].
 Filesize:  88.47 KB

IMG_0406.PNG

IMG_0405.PNG
 Description:
The power button is stuck so it took me a while to take a picture, I'm going to work on the Level so I can have every car.
 Filesize:  187.59 KB

IMG_0405.PNG

Last edited by Lukong on Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
hackerx2545
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so how do you hack the items, i tried to get 30t buskat, but when i loaded the profile, GOF2 crashed. So I tried it 8 bit signed, 16 bit signed, and 32 bit signed, it found 20 instances even though I only have 20t buskat. I followed all the instructions, and Hopw exactly do you hack the items? does it go

Ctrl+F>[Item #, say 109] and then enter? or does it go Ctrl+F[109]> uint32 [or 16 or 8] and then put in the amount of that item you want?

the the the
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy shit nice guide, very comprehensive and detailed!
Lukong
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hackerx2545 wrote:
Ok so how do you hack the items, i tried to get 30t buskat, but when i loaded the profile, GOF2 crashed. So I tried it 8 bit signed, 16 bit signed, and 32 bit signed, it found 20 instances even though I only have 20t buskat. I followed all the instructions, and Hopw exactly do you hack the items? does it go

Ctrl+F>[Item #, say 109] and then enter? or does it go Ctrl+F[109]> uint32 [or 16 or 8] and then put in the amount of that item you want?

Its a good thing you had your .bak...unless you didn't [Sorry]. If you updated GOF 2 1.8.0 certain numbers were moved up.

Quote:
For the experience set the number high [I put mines from 987 to 1 000 000 and got Level 76] and for the item only hack the ones that you most likely don't see every where like 2, 1 or 0 cause changing those numbers can stop the game from allowing you to load your save.

Sorry I talked a lot because you would have seen this. You should have turned that number into 17 because the number 20 is most likely a common number which is why you got so many coming up, as for "say 109" I should have shown a step by step of how to do it in pictures...I just remembered that's why I wanted someone to post...though I could fit most of the Steps into one Picture...I'm going to do that.

I forgot to say this certain times your Amount is 1000 if so your Item type is 2 pairs of Zeros away and the Amount takes up 2 pairs of Zeros.
Example: "33 00 00 |03 E8"
[|03 E8] would show as 1000 in uint32 of the Data Inspector. 2 Pairs of Zero left are in between the Type & Amount.
But if there where more than 255 items which 255 [Byte] equals "FF" hexidecimals then there is actually 6 pairs of numbers in the String, but that is only apart of the string...then what is the rest of the string for...I just remembered when using Cheat Engine; Slot to Slot a Item might also have other properties, a piece of the string might control the icon, words, stats, etc.

In Cheat Engine I've learned that Byte has a limit of 255 decimals and 2bytes have a Limit of 65535 decimals, if a number is Value + Byte limit it starts from 0 so 1 + 255 = 0, but is actually 100 hexidecimals, but the Limit is only 2 place values for 1 byte in Hex and the "1" in "100" Hexidecimals wouldn't show and only a Zero would appear/256 = 1 [00] in Byte.

And I've always known that certain value types like Item Types or Exp with a limit of 99 [Fire Emblem, FF Tactics Advance] most likely to go don't go over 1byte limit, I wouldn't scan Value 2 bytes.

[Computer/HexWorkshop]
1. Ctrl + F
2. Type the "Value" of the Amount into "Value:"
3. Change the "Type" to 32 Bit Signed Long, 16 bit Signed Short or 8 Bit
4. Look at the Data Inpector which is to your Right > uint32, uint16 or uint8
5. Change Value
[Computer/iFunbox or iPhonebrowser]
6. Load the File to see if the values changed

THANK YOU Both for posting, but I won't be able to go any further with hacking the iPod and I don't know how this short reply went into such a long reply
uunio
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject: Galaxy on Fire 2 HD!!! Reply with quote

I noticed this doesn't work for Galaxy on Fire 2 HD, do you plan on making one that will work on Galaxy on Fire 2 HD? As the graphics and game play are millions of times better I'd really enjoy the ability to alter some of the in game items in Galaxy on Fire 2 HD. Yes I know it just came out but it's there for machines with dual A processors and for those who don't mind buying the same type of game again but with much more superior graphics. Can you work something out for Galaxy on Fire 2 HD please? THank you!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kirkby
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: don't get it "/ Reply with quote

Lukong wrote:
hackerx2545 wrote:

Its a good thing you had your .bak...unless you didn't [Sorry]. If you updated GOF 2 1.8.0 certain numbers were moved up.

Quote:

Sorry I talked a lot because you would have seen this. You should have turned that number into 17 because the number 20 is most likely a common number which is why you got so many coming up, as for "say 109" I should have shown a step by step of how to do it in pictures...I just remembered that's why I wanted someone to post...though I could fit most of the Steps into one Picture...I'm going to do that.

I forgot to say this certain times your Amount is 1000 if so your Item type is 2 pairs of Zeros away and the Amount takes up 2 pairs of Zeros.
Example: "33 00 00 |03 E8"
[|03 E8] would show as 1000 in uint32 of the Data Inspector. 2 Pairs of Zero left are in between the Type & Amount.
But if there where more than 255 items which 255 [Byte] equals "FF" hexidecimals then there is actually 6 pairs of numbers in the String, but that is only apart of the string...then what is the rest of the string for...I just remembered when using Cheat Engine; Slot to Slot a Item might also have other properties, a piece of the string might control the icon, words, stats, etc.

In Cheat Engine I've learned that Byte has a limit of 255 decimals and 2bytes have a Limit of 65535 decimals, if a number is Value + Byte limit it starts from 0 so 1 + 255 = 0, but is actually 100 hexidecimals, but the Limit is only 2 place values for 1 byte in Hex and the "1" in "100" Hexidecimals wouldn't show and only a Zero would appear/256 = 1 [00] in Byte.

And I've always known that certain value types like Item Types or Exp with a limit of 99 [Fire Emblem, FF Tactics Advance] most likely to go don't go over 1byte limit, I wouldn't scan Value 2 bytes.

[Computer/HexWorkshop]
1. Ctrl + F
2. Type the "Value" of the Amount into "Value:"
3. Change the "Type" to 32 Bit Signed Long, 16 bit Signed Short or 8 Bit
4. Look at the Data Inpector which is to your Right > uint32, uint16 or uint8
5. Change Value
[Computer/iFunbox or iPhonebrowser]
6. Load the File to see if the values changed

Sorry I'm kind of new on this subject...what do you mean the "Value" of the amount? like how much the items cost? ID of the items? I would like if you can kinda like explain this a little better for a newb Very Happy

But the money I totally got, cheer!
Sparta1324
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: medals Reply with quote

Do you know how to hack the medals of galaxy on fire 2? It will take a lot of time to get every medals....thx
Sparta1324
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And can you change your stats? if it's possible, how? thx again.....
TheGentleman
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, how do you edit the ship/weapon values? IE like upping the armor, cargo space, handling, equipment slots, the damage, range, load time, and all that?
When it comes to hex editing, I'm a complete noob, so if you could dumb it all down for me please, it'd be much appreciated. Right now, I'm looking at it, trying to understand it, and quite frankly, you might as well be speaking Farsi bro.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: