Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Like a challenge?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gniarf
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought about that too, but:
-On my end switching a C64Emulator Float betweent dec<->hex display mode has NO effect on the display: it is still displayed in decimal. I assume it's the same for him.
-That wouldn't explain why he doesn't find the 76.0 when looking for a C64Emu Float between 75 and 77.

I must admit I find unlikely that he fiddled with the UsesFloat setting, but I don't quite see what he could possibly have done wrong. (Lol, perhaps the "challenge" is not where I thought it would be.)
mgr.inz.Player
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
On my end switching a C64Emulator Float betweent dec<->hex display mode has NO effect on the display

As mine. But maybe he is using older CE build or something.
(anyway, I always check this setting for every "address list" entry)

Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. Got the search working. Gniarf... wasn't you. I was running CE 6.1. For some reason, deleting the custom type and putting it back in apparently didn't change it at all. It was still set as 14 search length. ... Anyway, uninstalled CE, installed 6.2, and now all is well with searching.

However... I can't change the values! Shocked When I try to change the value to I get the error message 'the value x could not be parsed'. Actually it seems to work for values from 0 to 9. ... -1 or 10+ and it's no go. Decimals don't seem to work at all.
Gniarf
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oddgamer wrote:
However... I can't change the values! Shocked When I try to change the value to I get the error message 'the value x could not be parsed'. Actually it seems to work for values from 0 to 9. ... -1 or 10+ and it's no go. Decimals don't seem to work at all.
On the previous page, Gniarf wrote:
@Dark byte: Do you know why CE says "The value XXX couldn't be parsed" when I commit a value longer than a single digit with this custom type? I.e "5" is handled properly but "-5", "55", and "5.5" throw the aforementioned error.
Then he wrote:
Ah, found it: my test variable was in "show as hexadecimal" mode (former AOB turned into a C64 float...).

Anyway, glad the issue is finally sorted out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: