Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

super freeze..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
happyreadygo
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:24 am    Post subject: super freeze.. Reply with quote

I can't freeze the value.

I freeze the value and change it to 0x00000000 , however , the value keeps changing every second to be something like this 0x00000440 , 0x00000520 and many more.

It seems the game keeps changing my value.

and I can't "find out what write to this address", too . if I did , the game crashed.

I needs a method to super freeze or forget what is written to the address.
SteveAndrew
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried changing the freeze interval to 10 milliseconds? In CE Settings main settings / general settings

10 ms is about the shortest freeze interval you can do without introducing major CPU usage...

If that still doesn't set the value fast enough, then the only option is to find out what is actually writing to it and make a script...

Have you tried the VEH Debugger? And does it crash immediately or do you at least see any addresses that access/write to it before it crashes? If you do then that's good enough to make a script.

The reason why your value keeps changing is because the 'freeze' functionality is only good with changing some values... 'Freeze' isn't really a true freeze it's just constantly setting the value to what you want. Sometimes like with the value your trying to 'freeze', the game changes the value so quickly that 'freeze' is ineffective at achieving the effect you want.

So to truly achieve a freeze you have to modify the code which is changing it, and make it so it does not change it, or only changes it to the value you want.

FreezeInterval.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  58.22 KB
 Viewed:  16054 Time(s)

FreezeInterval.png

Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for very nice reply, steveandrew.Very Happy

It seems I needs true freeze . However ,the new game version seems to protect cheat engine debugger by making the game crash immediately Crying or Very sad . old version won't protect but the address may not the same .

ps1.what's VEH debugger?

ps2. how can we set interval time in lua?
SteveAndrew
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

happyreadygo wrote:
Thank you for very nice reply, steveandrew.Very Happy

It seems I needs true freeze . However ,the new game version seems to protect cheat engine debugger by making the game crash immediately Crying or Very sad . old version won't protect but the address may not the same .

ps1.what's VEH debugger?

ps2. how can we set interval time in lua?

Not sure how t change interval time in lua (im not familiar with lua that much) but just do it with but just do it with CE main settings its easier...

As for veh debugger, its less detectable then using the default windows debugger see attached image

Razz

veh.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  42.61 KB
 Viewed:  16024 Time(s)

veh.png

Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True freeze can be done by script.
However, since your value constantly change like that, I don't think it is the right address for whatever cheat your searched for.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: