Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Liquid cooling.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
puresick
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Liquid cooling. Reply with quote

So, I've come across some money and I've decided to upgrade my computer to liquid cooling. Any ideas where and what I need to start?

Barnold Swolezzenegger
Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

What all are you looking to water cool? Just CPU? Or CPU and GPU? To start, google is your friend. There are loads of different sites to get stuff.

EKwaterblocks.com Makes their own waterblocks and what not, sorta expensive though.
Frozencpu.com Sells a little bit of everything
dangerden.com Sells a little bit of everything and makes a few things as well

Start off by learning the basics of water cooling if you don't know them. There's a lot to learn. There are certain ways to position pumps, res, and rads.
If you are completely new to hoses and clamping them, get the ugly barbed fittings with clamps. Otherwise grab compression fittings. Don't use tap water, only use distilled water.
Kill coils help with the bacteria/microbial growth as well. Well worth buying and throwing into your res.
Don't mix and match metals, if you have one thing copper, the rest has to be copper, not copper and nickel.
Other than that, google should solve any other questions.
Hero
I'm a spammer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on how much money you have come into. Before you decide to buy some crappy cooler like the H80 or H100, look into the silver arrow SB-E. I went on a cooling venture today and found that this air cooler beats a lot of the cheaper liquid cooling systems. Its about 80 bucks on amazon and the best air cooler on the market currently. q
Barnold Swolezzenegger
Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hero wrote:
Depends on how much money you have come into. Before you decide to buy some crappy cooler like the H80 or H100, look into the silver arrow SB-E. I went on a cooling venture today and found that this air cooler beats a lot of the cheaper liquid cooling systems. Its about 80 bucks on amazon and the best air cooler on the market currently. q

The Silver Arrow is amazing, along with the Noctua NH-D14, but air cooler will beat a custom watercooling rig. That is is along as you have anything bigger than a single 120mm rad.
puresick
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I kind of have a general idea on what to do. I'm not exactly sure on what parts I need/buy. I was thinking of doing a CPU to GPU to GPU to res kind of thing. I wanted to do water cooling for the aesthetics tbh. lol.

Barnold Swolezzenegger
Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If memory serves me right typical set up is pump -> CPU -> (if you can a rad) -> GPU - > Rad -> Res

Typically you want 240mm-360mm per component being cooled for optimal results.

Parts you'll need (and it won't be cheap $300+ for a decent rig)
Radiators (size/amount depend on case and cooling needs)
Fittings (Barbed or compression, you'll need a lot of these)
Plugs (only for graphics card)
Reservoir (Size depends entirely on loop size and layout)
CPU block
GPU block
Tubing
Pump (Honestly, nothing beats an MCP655 pump. Everyone I know who has one loves it)
Thermal paste

It's a lot of work and a lot of money, but worth it if you want good temps/OCs.

Do not ever use the coolant you buy in jugs and shit. Especially the colored stuff or any dyes. It gunks up your waterblocks and slows shit down bad. Just use distilled water you can buy at Walmart by the gallon and get a kill coil to stop any growth, or at least slow it down.

As I've said before, don't mix and match metals, it'll cause them to react and you'll ruin your blocks. Either all copper or all nickel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: