Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Flash drive lockup issues

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zcythe
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Flash drive lockup issues Reply with quote

Well i got a new flash drive 32gb usb 3 patriot and it was awesome for like a month. Now for some reason when i plug it in windows doesn't recognize it at all, it doesn't even show up in device manager. So i unplug it and it just locks my computer to hell. everything slows down, every program freezes and even if i shut it down it gets stuck at shutdown and i have to manually shutdown. I plug it in to my cousin's computer and it works fine and he formatted it and it still locks up my computer. Could it be my usb ports? Everything else works fine with my usb ports. They are USB 2.0 and look fine. I know its not a virus. Just the weirdest problem ever. And my memory and cpu usage is stable when its all "locked up" I have no idea.
I'm a spammer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does said flash drive work on another pc? If not, its broken, if so, you definitely got a virus of some kind. I've had USB driver act up before and my pc has never "locked up" in any way, it just never let usb objects function properly.
SF
I'm a spammer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does it act if you're in safe mode? can you boot to an ubuntu live cd and get it to work?
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the flash drive works in safe mode for some reason. Im scanning with nod32 right now even though i really dont think i have a virus. The flash drive still freaks out my computer in normal mode.
I'm a spammer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

Disable stuff in msconfig's startup tab (start -> run -> msconfig -> startup tab) and see if it works with all of that disabled, if it does, enable stuff little by little to find out whats conflicting with the usb drive. id start off with disabling the AV first, nod32 could be trying to scan/protect it when you plug it in and it's not responding to it.
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SF wrote:
Disable stuff in msconfig's startup tab (start -> run -> msconfig -> startup tab) and see if it works with all of that disabled, if it does, enable stuff little by little to find out whats conflicting with the usb drive. id start off with disabling the AV first, nod32 could be trying to scan/protect it when you plug it in and it's not responding to it.

Thanks I think it was nod32. After i disabled it it works fine now with nod32 on and off now. Thank you!

I'm a spammer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

should follow up and see if nod32 will let you add specific drives to the exception list.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: