Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

does 2800$/month salary sound good for 18 years old?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PUSHEAX_PUSHEAX
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cryoma wrote:
Freelancing can make you $600 an hour, but the jobs are short and not frequent, so it works well as bonus cash on the side of a part time.
Anyway hiroshi you're making more money than 99% of the US, so good job.

You are wrong. All the freelance work (freelancer.com) goes to Indians who work for dirt cheap. To the point where it isn't reasonable. Maybe being a programming consultant for big businesses will you make you some serious bread. Just wondering, cryoma, if a girl, decent looking approaches you and asks a simple question like do you know where the library is, how does that go?
Cryoma
Member of the Year

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SF wrote:
Cryoma wrote:
My brother manages a restaurant and it's annoying as fuck that even when he gets a day off and visits or I visit he gets like a text or call every 5 minutes asking for help.
The only reason he's still working there is because they're opening a new branch and are considering him for GM.

yes. being a general employee (aside from serving) at a restaurant is fucking shitty. below-average pay. servers are lucky and often get good tips so it works out for them. being part of management is.. decent? one manager there pulls around 30k/year i think, or 40k. right now i'm around 15k/year before taxes. just recently put my app in at a factory that starts you at $10/hr with raises and bonus checks every 6 months.

That's nice.
His job was nice at first because there were like four other managers, now there's only two others who do half the work he does (he puts in 10-15 overtime a week), and they aren't in any rush to find new managers.
I wouldn't put up with it if I were him, he's 30 something years old too and a fucking amazing chef, graduated from culinary academy, chef'd at brennan's and some other famous places, I don't know why he doesn't just master chef :\
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cryoma wrote:
Freelancing can make you $600 an hour, but the jobs are short and not frequent, so it works well as bonus cash on the side of a part time.
LOL
Freelancing can make you literally any amount of money. That's the entire point you stupid cunt. It isn't good unless you're fucking amazing at what you do, though, because you won't get as much business as a business would and therefore you won't have a stable income. You're a stupid cunt for trying to actually estimate how much you can make from it.
Cryoma
Member of the Year

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

potaters wrote:
Cryoma wrote:

You are wrong. All the freelance work (freelancer.com) goes to Indians who work for dirt cheap. To the point where it isn't reasonable. Maybe being a programming consultant for big businesses will you make you some serious bread. Just wondering, cryoma, if a girl, decent looking approaches you and asks a simple question like do you know where the library is, how does that go?

You're wrong, MOST of the freelance work gets outsourced.
A good portion is still local, try checking craigslist, I find all my work there (five or six jobs a year, total pay being $200-$1000 per job, good sustenance).
You just say it's a 20 hour job at $30/hr and do it in an hour, that's $600 in your pocket for an hours work, which I've done once.
It was basically some analysis of a person's website who knew only the basics and had lots of cash to spend.
Most of my other jobs are that easy as well.
I've only had two problematic clients in my life, one changed their mind after I'd finished and didn't pay me, so if course I didn't give them anything, but the time was wasted, and the other just stopped communicating halfway through.
To answer your question, that scenario has happened twice at my college, and both times I point them to the library, which happened to be right next to the science building where the event occurred.
Why?

konr wrote:
Cryoma wrote:
LOL
Freelancing can make you literally any amount of money. That's the entire point you stupid cunt. It isn't good unless you're fucking amazing at what you do, though, because you won't get as much business as a business would and therefore you won't have a stable income. You're a stupid cunt for trying to actually estimate how much you can make from it.

It's an estimation based on experience, so I would call that an educated estimation, not a stupid one.
InternetIsSeriousBusiness

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

potaters wrote:
Cryoma wrote:

>freelancing.com
what is this i don't even
PUSHEAX_PUSHEAX
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blablfy wrote:
potaters wrote:
Cryoma wrote:

>freelancing.com

I don't think that's the link I posted buddy.
InternetIsSeriousBusiness

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

potaters wrote:
blablfy wrote:
potaters wrote:
Cryoma wrote:

>freelancing.com

I don't think that's the link I posted buddy.

sorry, i just skimmed through, i never messed with freelancer.com but i have with freelancing.com. i can only assume they are about the same though.
PUSHEAX_PUSHEAX
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrong, Freelancer has a ton of hiring.
http://www.freelancer.com/sellers/
PHP has 1,610 currently looking for a dev.
Slugsnack

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why is it that it's the poorest people on these forums that give the most amount of advice about making money

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slugsnack wrote:
why is it that it's the poorest people on these forums that give the most amount of advice about making money
If you're referring to me, then you've misunderstood. I didn't give advice, I just corrected Cryoma because well, I've been a freelancer for a while now and it's not as he said.
Slugsnack

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not just you. pretty much nobody in this thread that gave advice has earned any significant amount of money through any sustainable means. sf did not give advice but at least he was honest and i respect that

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slugsnack wrote:
not just you. pretty much nobody in this thread that gave advice has earned any significant amount of money through any sustainable means. sf did not give advice but at least he was honest and i respect that
Not really bothered if you believe me or not but what I said was right.
SF
I'm a spammer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

Slugsnack wrote:

i left out the bank robberies as the cops are still suspicious of me.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

konr wrote:
Slugsnack wrote:

i never disputed that. read my post properly

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slugsnack wrote:
konr wrote:
Slugsnack wrote:

i never disputed that. read my post properly
"not just you" was the bit that made me think "..eh?".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Random spam All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: