Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[solved] realtek network controller in deep sleep mode

View previous topic :: View next topic  
the the the
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: [solved] realtek network controller in deep sleep mode Reply with quote

Hey all,

Windows 7 will not connect to the internet, so I reformatted and installed again and it still will not connect. I am using a live linux distro cd, and am able to connect online with the same computer.

I get the error:
Quote:
The RealTek Network Adapter/Controller was not found.
If Deep Sleep Mode enabled Please Plug the Cable

I have tried:
- Unplugging everything, turning it off, waiting, plugging it all in and rebooting.
- Reinstalling the driver (that came with my mobo cd) multiple times.

I followed everything on this and it hasn't worked.

Also my specs, which are not too important as people with different setups encounter the same error as me.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by the the the on Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
SF
I'm a spammer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

Did you check BIOS and make sure the ethernet port isn't disabled there?

Also read that a guy fixed his by rolling back from a windows update that gave an update to... "PCI upstream switch port"
Quote:
So i fixed this issue on my system... by rolling back a windows update that updated the driver for my PCI upstream switch port under system devices.. just searched trhough all my devices in device manager and found the ones that were dated the time i did the update and rolled them back and this was the one that fixed it

but you've already formatted, so perhaps it's a BIOS update issue? see if theres any different versions of BIOS you could install for your motherboard.

Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SF wrote:
Did you check BIOS and make sure the ethernet port isn't disabled there?

Also read that a guy fixed his by rolling back from a windows update that gave an update to... "PCI upstream switch port"
Quote:
So i fixed this issue on my system... by rolling back a windows update that updated the driver for my PCI upstream switch port under system devices.. just searched trhough all my devices in device manager and found the ones that were dated the time i did the update and rolled them back and this was the one that fixed it

but you've already formatted, so perhaps it's a BIOS update issue? see if theres any different versions of BIOS you could install for your motherboard.
Ok thanks for your help, but I finally fixed it by going to device manager and right click on ethernet controller and then update driver. It found it immediately on my hard drive.

Very strange to me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: