Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Think I killed the ACT today...also interesting heart rate
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Evil_Intentions
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Think I killed the ACT today...also interesting heart rate Reply with quote

Just got back. I had to do my writing to finish up my Honors College application. Also hoping for a 33 composite to get the next highest scholarship and a 65 English+composite to place out of my last english

Also, 100bpm heart rate before first test. ~60bpm during. 82 directly after. 124 at the end of the writing exam. Had about 20 seconds left to finish it up, I thought I did pretty well though. The prompt asked if new com. tech like texting and social networking improves the quality of relationships or not. I went with the argument that while it does increase the availability of communication, the poor or nonexistant emotional transmission and the increased probability of miscommunication make it worthless or destructive to any topic of depth or conversations within an intimate relationship. I had time to give two scenarios, one of an intimate relationship being strained through no emotional understanding of texts(have personal experience with that one) and another of a missed job opportunity and the local pseudo blacklisting of a son due to a mistyped email from a relative.

All in all pretty good I think. Not my best obviously, but I only had 30 mins. Was able to flesh out 4 paragraphs with a straightforward intro, and really beefy body paragraphs.

Science test pissed me off. Pretty sure I got them all right, but ran out of time on last question and had to pick between two of the likely answers. Means there's a 50/50 change between a 35 and 36 in sci(hopefully). English was pretty good, did a practice test last night at like 12 and got a 31 but I felt more confident today on the real one. Math was good and I'm confident but I had to randomly fill ovals for the last 6 or so. Counting just those 6 as wrong would put me only at a 31, so I'm fairly certain I'll have lower than that. Reading was piss easy, expecting a 35 or 34 like last time.

Time to anxiously wait about 3 weeks -______-
the the the
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't they want only yes/no, not in between like sorta?

good luck on scores

have you taken the sat? if so how are they different?

if not, why not? why did you take the act instead?

do you think it makes a difference which one you take?
Evil_Intentions
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

asciicat wrote:

good luck on scores

The prompt was more fleshed out then what I put. It talked about com. tech being more and more instant and convenient. So the bit where I agreed with that is just leading into my argument while still acknowledging that there are pros in there, but when it comes to relationships specifically(which was the focus of the essay) current com. tech results in degradation.

No, only the ACT. I live in louisiana and don't plan on going out of state until graduate school so no point in taking the SAT right now.
the the the
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kazekeil wrote:
asciicat wrote:

good luck on scores

The prompt was more fleshed out then what I put. It talked about com. tech being more and more instant and convenient. So the bit where I agreed with that is just leading into my argument while still acknowledging that there are pros in there, but when it comes to relationships specifically(which was the focus of the essay) current com. tech results in degradation.

No, only the ACT. I live in louisiana and don't plan on going out of state until graduate school so no point in taking the SAT right now.
Ah, I see. I don't remember the prompt I got on the sat but it was annoying. I honestly think they give out bad prompts on purpose to see how you handle that shit.

Nice job on it
Evil_Intentions
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

asciicat wrote:
Kazekeil wrote:
asciicat wrote:

good luck on scores

Ah, I see. I don't remember the prompt I got on the sat but it was annoying. I honestly think they give out bad prompts on purpose to see how you handle that shit.

Nice job on it

thanks. I hope I did as well as I think. looking through the practice book, the closest score for my essay would be a 5. Two people score and their scores are added to get the final out of 12, 6 being the highest individual. So self scoring gives me a 10.
Evil_Intentions
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

Talix wrote:
you're crazy

OMG NOO Y U SAY DAT? U MAEK NO SENTS. U HAV TOO BE TROLLING. U TALIXFAG U. STUPID TRALL, CANTT' FOOL ME.
Cryoma
Member of the Year

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good argument but overall entirely wrong.
Think of how many famous authors there are because of how well they convey expression with mere words.
elpacco
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took it today too.

It was easy.

asciicat wrote:

good luck on scores

Yeah, a good test taking strategy for the english and reading sections is to always pick the simplest answer. In the English section there's a part that has you replacing or not certain underlined phrases in a passage with different choices, and on some questions, multiple answers would still be grammatically correct or even fluid, but you always pick the shortest one.

The SAT is a little bit different in style. I personally like the SAT more than the ACT. Most people find it harder because you get penalized for wrong answers (-1/4 point) versus just leaving an answer blank so as to deter you from guessing, however since there are only four choices for each answer and you can usually eliminate at least one, you're better off guessing anyway. It adds an extra element to the test, and to accommodate, they allot more time per the number of questions on each test compared to the ACT. On the ACT, you have to fucking speed through it, especially the science and reading sections.
I'm naturally a bit of a slow test taker simply because I have ADHD and lose focus for at least 5 seconds between each question, so I do a lot better on the SAT because the whole points-off-for-wrong-answers-thing doesn't bother me.

You can take both of them, and I'd strongly advise you do because there's no reason not to unless you're set on a specific set of colleges which only take one or the other, in which case the only reason not to is because you don't need to. A college will never look at your score on one of the tests negatively. If a college you're applying to only accepts the ACT, they won't care if you got a 1200 on the SAT (which is very bad).

FangBanger wrote:
What is the best way for a lv19 Soldier to solo Sledge on Borderlands?
Shoot him.
the the the
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpacco wrote:
I took it today too.

It was easy.

asciicat wrote:

good luck on scores

Yeah, a good test taking strategy for the english and reading sections is to always pick the simplest answer. In the English section there's a part that has you replacing or not certain underlined phrases in a passage with different choices, and on some questions, multiple answers would still be grammatically correct or even fluid, but you always pick the shortest one.

The SAT is a little bit different in style. I personally like the SAT more than the ACT. Most people find it harder because you get penalized for wrong answers (-1/4 point) versus just leaving an answer blank so as to deter you from guessing, however since there are only four choices for each answer and you can usually eliminate at least one, you're better off guessing anyway. It adds an extra element to the test, and to accommodate, they allot more time per the number of questions on each test compared to the ACT. On the ACT, you have to fucking speed through it, especially the science and reading sections.
I'm naturally a bit of a slow test taker simply because I have ADHD and lose focus for at least 5 seconds between each question, so I do a lot better on the SAT because the whole points-off-for-wrong-answers-thing doesn't bother me.

You can take both of them, and I'd strongly advise you do because there's no reason not to unless you're set on a specific set of colleges which only take one or the other, in which case the only reason not to is because you don't need to. A college will never look at your score on one of the tests negatively. If a college you're applying to only accepts the ACT, they won't care if you got a 1200 on the SAT (which is very bad).
Alright. Also its too late for the ACT anyways for me. I got a 1600 on the SAT, didn't study but don't know if it would've helped. I do lose focus like you do, tests sometimes take a while.
:^)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Masturbate furiously for 3 weeks
ACT score get
you'll be fine
Cryoma
Member of the Year

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cryoma wrote:
That's a good argument but overall entirely wrong.
Think of how many famous authors there are because of how well they convey expression with mere words.

Disregard that, I suck cocks.
Evil_Intentions
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you taken it before elpacco? If so, how'd you do?

@cryoma
dealwithit.
elpacco

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kazekeil wrote:

@cryoma
dealwithit.
I'd taken six practice tests, which were just tests from previous years, and got a 33 every time, so I'm nearly 100% sure that's what I got this time too.

FangBanger wrote:
Shoot him.
elpacco

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talix wrote:
elpacco wrote:
Kazekeil wrote:

@cryoma
dealwithit.
I'd taken six practice tests, which were just tests from previous years, and got a 33 every time, so I'm nearly 100% sure that's what I got this time too.

>get results
>check them
>you got a 12 this year
>your face
I think you get 8 for filling out the form correctly.

FangBanger wrote:
Shoot him.
Phox
I post too much

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must be in terrible shape with heart rates like that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Random spam All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: