Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


Yay for me
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Random spam
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Aniblaze
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 138

Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 1758
Location: The Netherlands

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Effect wrote:
I read "make the use of Flash unnecessary" as meaning that Flash is basically not needed anymore. I feel as though it can still be used just as effectively at the cost of being ridiculed I suppose.

You do realize that not once in this thread have I said that Flash is inferior, should never be used, or is for script kiddies, right? All I ever said was that it should only be used when it is required. In the end the demand of a Flash application is higher on both the server and client.

I noticed someone saying 'nowadays internet connections are fast enough to eliminate loading time', but let's not forget the price paid for the upkeep and server bandwidth. Resources are not limited to the client, but I understand that's all the end-user sees.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PUSHEAX_PUSHEAX
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 72

Joined: 13 Apr 2009
Posts: 969

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all think of all the people with slow internet, do you think they want to sit and wait for a flash based website to load? Also many, many, many effects you can do with flash can be done in other languages and at a way faster speed! It is also not good for the rapid growth of iOS and the android operating system, iOS just doesnt do flash and android is no good with it either. I suggest the OP buy books on web design and PHP, MySQL. You can get a fully interactive site and create systems. Also now that microsofts silverlight is coming in to play (a flash rival) flash will be used less for corporate sites. Furthermore you are severely limited by flash's capabilities unless you use some type of scripting with it (PHP). But I am assured you are not educated with it yet.

Edit:
here is my freelance site, it uses absolutely no flash.
It is an example of what can be accomplished with the wide variety of languages available to you. If you don't believe me disable your flash plugin.
http://salazar.tv/

Also the theme is from themeforest.


Last edited by PUSHEAX_PUSHEAX on Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1929394839292057839194958
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 130

Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 1517

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Effect wrote:
To0k wrote:
Effect, you're right. But you can't talk with these people. :<
Who cares about their opinion anyway. They think they are awesome, just let it be.

Take ani for example, he's like 30 years old and still a frequent proud poster on CEF, give the man some credit. :>


I enjoy getting them mad. Like boohoo I have a valid argument and you still think you are right.

Silly people actually get butthurt over the stupidest things. I figure I'll learn and do what I want, and I could give a fuck as to what they would do because their method is "better".

To0k you're a cool cat.
Someone gives you advise and gives you evidence to support said advise and you completely disregard it and go all 'u mad???'. Not to mention you just called Flash a language. Actionscript is the language, bud, and it's a huge resource hog that looks ugly as fuck when loading. When you make a website you want as many people as possible to be able to use it and enjoy it. With Flash you won't do that, and to be honest you're being a fucking idiot by completely ignoring all of the advise that's been given to you. It's just that, advise, not fucking hate or trolling or flaming. To0k has said so many things that are completely wrong in this thread and rather than notice them, you've just skipped over that and thought he was a "cool cat" just because he agreed with your uneducated opinion.

tl;dr: Why you would want to do something to a sub-par level is beyond me. If you want to do things in a better way and learn something useful, listen to the people in this thread.

@Hero: Java is not Javascript you fucking idiot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cryoma
Member of the Year
Reputation: 198

Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 1821

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't connor just say he refuses to use websites that use flash?
I guess youtube is exempt?
There's a reason they use flash and not js to stream all those videos, and they make billions of dollars, so take that as a professional opinion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Aniblaze
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 138

Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 1758
Location: The Netherlands

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cryoma wrote:
Didn't connor just say he refuses to use websites that use flash?
I guess youtube is exempt?
There's a reason they use flash and not js to stream all those videos, and they make billions of dollars, so take that as a professional opinion.

This is not really an argument. You are claiming they use Flash because they prefer it over something else. They chose Flash because at the time of Youtube's conception, there was no better way to play video. You say they prefer Flash over native methods? Then explain why they are running trials to support the following: http://www.youtube.com/html5

The minute all browsers support HTML5 functionalities, is the minute they stop using Flash.

EDIT: The majority of browsers. The only reason they might keep Flash, is for native support to older browsers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PUSHEAX_PUSHEAX
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 72

Joined: 13 Apr 2009
Posts: 969

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Augustine wrote:
Cryoma wrote:
Didn't connor just say he refuses to use websites that use flash?
I guess youtube is exempt?
There's a reason they use flash and not js to stream all those videos, and they make billions of dollars, so take that as a professional opinion.

This is not really an argument. You are claiming they use Flash because they prefer it over something else. They chose Flash because at the time of Youtube's conception, there was no better way to play video. You say they prefer Flash over native methods? Then explain why they are running trials to support the following: http://www.youtube.com/html5

The minute all browsers support HTML5 functionalities, is the minute they stop using Flash.

EDIT: The majority of browsers. The only reason they might keep Flash, is for native support to older browsers.

Also HTML5 doesn't support microphones and webcams, yet.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IM STERLING
Expert Cheater
Reputation: 57

Joined: 23 Oct 2010
Posts: 119

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

konr wrote:
Effect wrote:
To0k wrote:
Effect, you're right. But you can't talk with these people. :<
Who cares about their opinion anyway. They think they are awesome, just let it be.

Take ani for example, he's like 30 years old and still a frequent proud poster on CEF, give the man some credit. :>


I enjoy getting them mad. Like boohoo I have a valid argument and you still think you are right.

Silly people actually get butthurt over the stupidest things. I figure I'll learn and do what I want, and I could give a fuck as to what they would do because their method is "better".

To0k you're a cool cat.
Someone gives you advise and gives you evidence to support said advise and you completely disregard it and go all 'u mad???'. Not to mention you just called Flash a language. Actionscript is the language, bud, and it's a huge resource hog that looks ugly as fuck when loading. When you make a website you want as many people as possible to be able to use it and enjoy it. With Flash you won't do that, and to be honest you're being a fucking idiot by completely ignoring all of the advise that's been given to you. It's just that, advise, not fucking hate or trolling or flaming. To0k has said so many things that are completely wrong in this thread and rather than notice them, you've just skipped over that and thought he was a "cool cat" just because he agreed with your uneducated opinion.

tl;dr: Why you would want to do something to a sub-par level is beyond me. If you want to do things in a better way and learn something useful, listen to the people in this thread.

@Hero: Java is not Javascript you fucking idiot.


You sure do waste a whole lot of time calling people stupid and idiots when I'm pretty sure your intelligence really isn't that much higher than any of ours. You know how I know you won't make it anywhere in the real professional world?

Anytime anyone tries to tell you anything that is against what you believe you get all butt hurt and start throwing around insults as well as an ill-tempered manner. Try growing up at some point and having a normal conversation with someone as opposed to being all like "you fucking idiot". I can tell you that is certainly not how you act in the professional world.

I can't wait to watch the world burn when konr gets fired.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shitposter
Newbie cheater
Reputation: 5

Joined: 12 Nov 2008
Posts: 19

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

hey guys why do you care what Effect does anyway, it doesn't affect you.

shut up
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Aniblaze
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 138

Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 1758
Location: The Netherlands

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xTremist wrote:
hey guys why do you care what Effect does anyway, it doesn't affect you.

shut up

Why do I care? I do what he is trying to do for a living. Of course I'm going to respond to what he made.

@Cryoma: not sure why you are treating my posts as non-existent.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IM STERLING
Expert Cheater
Reputation: 57

Joined: 23 Oct 2010
Posts: 119

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Augustine wrote:
xTremist wrote:
hey guys why do you care what Effect does anyway, it doesn't affect you.

shut up

Why do I care? I do what he is trying to do for a living. Of course I'm going to respond to what he made.

@Cryoma: not sure why you are treating my posts as non-existent.


I have no intention of doing this for a living. I am just doing it as something fun to do on the side. I'm a marketing major...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Aniblaze
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 138

Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 1758
Location: The Netherlands

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Effect wrote:
Augustine wrote:
xTremist wrote:
hey guys why do you care what Effect does anyway, it doesn't affect you.

shut up

Why do I care? I do what he is trying to do for a living. Of course I'm going to respond to what he made.

@Cryoma: not sure why you are treating my posts as non-existent.


I have no intention of doing this for a living. I am just doing it as something fun to do on the side. I'm a marketing major...

Rephrasing that sentences due to the misunderstanding: I do for a living, what you are attempting to do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IM STERLING
Expert Cheater
Reputation: 57

Joined: 23 Oct 2010
Posts: 119

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Augustine wrote:
Effect wrote:
Augustine wrote:
xTremist wrote:
hey guys why do you care what Effect does anyway, it doesn't affect you.

shut up

Why do I care? I do what he is trying to do for a living. Of course I'm going to respond to what he made.

@Cryoma: not sure why you are treating my posts as non-existent.


I have no intention of doing this for a living. I am just doing it as something fun to do on the side. I'm a marketing major...

Rephrasing that sentences due to the misunderstanding: I do for a living, what you are attempting to do.


Ah ok.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PUSHEAX_PUSHEAX
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 72

Joined: 13 Apr 2009
Posts: 969

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Augustine wrote:
Effect wrote:
Augustine wrote:
xTremist wrote:
hey guys why do you care what Effect does anyway, it doesn't affect you.

shut up

Why do I care? I do what he is trying to do for a living. Of course I'm going to respond to what he made.

@Cryoma: not sure why you are treating my posts as non-existent.


I have no intention of doing this for a living. I am just doing it as something fun to do on the side. I'm a marketing major...

Rephrasing that sentences due to the misunderstanding: I do for a living, what you are attempting to do.

Can I see some examples of your work? I'm curious.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Aniblaze
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 138

Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 1758
Location: The Netherlands

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xen0r wrote:
Augustine wrote:
Effect wrote:
Augustine wrote:
xTremist wrote:
hey guys why do you care what Effect does anyway, it doesn't affect you.

shut up

Why do I care? I do what he is trying to do for a living. Of course I'm going to respond to what he made.

@Cryoma: not sure why you are treating my posts as non-existent.


I have no intention of doing this for a living. I am just doing it as something fun to do on the side. I'm a marketing major...

Rephrasing that sentences due to the misunderstanding: I do for a living, what you are attempting to do.

Can I see some examples of your work? I'm curious.

Don't really have anything public, as most of the stuff I make is for medium to large businesses, it's closed off to the outside world. I do have a portfolio website, but never finished it because I've never had a need for it (always had a job). So all it has is a design, and the early stages of a javascript game I was working on, with models from Pokemon:
http://www.ufail.at/public/index
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Up2Admin
I'm a spammer
Reputation: 126

Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 6547
Location: Texas

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't something you people can argue against, why are you guys dragging this out?
Flash is inefficient and clunky. Why do people make perty Flash websites for professional companies? Because they have experience in it, a deadline to produce it, and it's easy. They have no reason to make an efficient website that's user friendly, they're getting paid for a Flash one that's easier to make...
You however, have the ability to do things right (that's right, Flash is the wrong way). And I strongly urge you to do so, as the lazy developers for those shitty Flash pages really piss the cool no-so-rich developers off.

Effect, it's cool that you're learning Flash and everything. But please don't stick to using Flash for your website.
And To0k, you're pretty cool but seriously man... you have no idea what you're talking about.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Random spam All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

CE Wiki   IRC (#CEF)   Twitter
Third party websites