Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ya'know, an upgraded forum wouldn't be so bad...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do we need an update?
Yes
57%
 57%  [ 12 ]
No
42%
 42%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 21

InternetIsSeriousBusiness
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:06 pm    Post subject: Ya'know, an upgraded forum wouldn't be so bad... This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

I mean, PHPbb2 is very outdated. And I thought maybe with this server failure and all, maybe we could get an update to PHPbb3?
Maes
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But that's a lot of work that Darkbyte doesn't need to do.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

I don't like change

(And last time I tried phpbb3 there where no mods for a GOOD rep and warn system, and the rights management is just weird)

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
atom0s

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
I don't like change

(And last time I tried phpbb3 there where no mods for a GOOD rep and warn system, and the rights management is just weird)

The only mod I've seen that is similar to the rep system you have now is:
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=2135824

Which seems to still be actively worked on by the developer.
Other similar mods are all abandoned already.

What mod do you use for this forum for the reputation?

Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

democracy mod (dead too) with my own modifications

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
atom0s

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
democracy mod (dead too) with my own modifications

Yeah I assumed it would be. Doesn't look like the author is around for phpbb3 either.

Killor1
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
I don't like change

Change is good in some ways. Even though you don't like the way its set up, you can always get some help if you're not the type to go solo. Now personally I think we do need a little change, just not the whole thing. So for instance, you can update the texture and add more variety of forums to this board. I don't know yur tastes at all, but I think we would get more members this way. With more forums, couldn't you get more profits to settle with the costs? Well, I don't know anything else besides what I have stated, so I hope you take it into consideration and update just a bit of the board, not what the whole thing because I know it would take too much time.
Geri

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

¥Moderator¥ wrote:
Dark Byte wrote:
I don't like change

Change is good in some ways. Even though you don't like the way its set up, you can always get some help if you're not the type to go solo. Now personally I think we do need a little change, just not the whole thing. So for instance, you can update the texture and add more variety of forums to this board. I don't know yur tastes at all, but I think we would get more members this way. With more forums, couldn't you get more profits to settle with the costs? Well, I don't know anything else besides what I have stated, so I hope you take it into consideration and update just a bit of the board, not what the whole thing because I know it would take too much time.

Are you talking about the same Dark Byte who is working alone on the development of Cheat Engine and hate fluffy customizable things? Laughing

If you are interested in any of my crappy articles/tutorials about CE and game hacking, you can find them here:
http://www.szemelyesintegracio.hu/cheats/41-game-hacking-articles

Don't request cheats or updates.
paupav
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:49 am    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

no need than this forum will probably be like 45356734863856 others...
Killor1
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geri wrote:
¥Moderator¥ wrote:
Dark Byte wrote:
I don't like change

Are you talking about the same Dark Byte who is working alone on the development of Cheat Engine and hate fluffy customizable things? Laughing

just saying some more thingp isnt too bad
Geri

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like ugly but effective programs. I don't miss people who are judging everything by the look of something. If CEF would have some ugly pink background with hearts and rainbows and kitties and more eeeeeek, I would still use it because I care about the posts and not about the forum design.

If you are interested in any of my crappy articles/tutorials about CE and game hacking, you can find them here:
http://www.szemelyesintegracio.hu/cheats/41-game-hacking-articles

Don't request cheats or updates.
InternetIsSeriousBusiness

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geri wrote:
I like ugly but effective programs. I don't miss people who are judging everything by the look of something. If CEF would have some ugly pink background with hearts and rainbows and kitties and more eeeeeek, I would still use it because I care about the posts and not about the forum design.

I completely disagree. Looking at that ugly yellow and black theme on the temp location of CEF gave me a headache. Lots of other websites that have ugly and eye straining colors gives me headaches.

This forums' looks aren't ugly, but just bland. Very bland.

paupav wrote:
no need than this forum will probably be like 45356734863856 others...

Umm...the whole point of a forum is an easy way to organize discussions of what ever the section is about by other members. I don't think upgrading to phpbb3 changes that.

STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am actually concerned about the security aspect of it. phpbb3 would be obviously more secure, but afaik, these forums have never been hacked so DB is fixing the security issues himself or just being lucky.

We don't necessarily need a new forum if these works and are secure, maybe do a theme change but you don't need to upgrade for that.

SF
I'm a spammer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can all do client sided themes anyway.

Infact, extra themes should NOT be included. Change them yourself, learn. Should be one thing this forum enforces - doing shit for yourself if you want it a custom way. Modifying, cheating, etc.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SF wrote:
You can all do client sided themes anyway.

Infact, extra themes should NOT be included. Change them yourself, learn. Should be one thing this forum enforces - doing shit for yourself if you want it a custom way. Modifying, cheating, etc.

I actually made atleast three awesome custom styles for this forum and gave them to users who wanted it. Actually, I made an awesome for myself that I always use. PM me if anyone else wants it BTW.

But that isn't the only thing upgrading from phpbb2 to 3 does. You have different things you do in the UCP, ect..,

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: