Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Steve Jobs has passed.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josheh
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: Steve Jobs has passed. Reply with quote

It's a sad time Crying or Very sad You may or may not have respect for Apple, but you have to have respect for this man and what he has accomplished in life.

Link

It saddens me to see such iconic figures pass. I'm not close to Steve, but I still feel the pain of his death. He was an inventor, a genius, a pioneer of all things technological, and most of all, unique. I've never owned a Mac or an Apple product, but I've used them and I see them being used everyday, and I believe his legacy and his creations will go on for generations to come.

Well, that sums up my "speech". I just wanted to spread the word.
SF
I'm a spammer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: This post has 3 review(s) Reply with quote

I don't see why his death upsets you.

MANY other people have done FAR BETTER things than him, died, and have received no recognition.

Is his death only being so publicized and recognized because of his fame? money? power? I think so.

Don't get me wrong, death sucks. He will be missed by those who loved him, cared for him - but his death does not affect me one bit, and I'd really like to stop hearing it all over the TV and radio now.

Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SF wrote:

MANY other people have done FAR BETTER things than him, died, and have received no recognition.

Is his death only being so publicized and recognized because of his fame? money? power? I think so.

Don't get me wrong, death sucks. He will be missed by those who loved him, cared for him - but his death does not affect me one bit, and I'd really like to stop hearing it all over the TV and radio now.

Well, simply put, it's seeing iconic figures and amazing men--not only him, but others as well--dying and our communities now that are tearing this world apart. I hate seeing anyone who has accomplished so much, or has so much potential pass away. Now don't get me wrong I do care about the average Joe, but I just feel like all of our "leaders" are going away. Where are we going to be in the upcoming years? Who will innovate the road to the future? It takes a special and dedicated being to do what Steve did, and for that, I respect him. Now granted if he wasn't as rich, or famous, or what have you, he probably wouldn't be getting this much recognition. However I'd still feel the same way if Bill Gates or Michael Dell passed away.

EDIT: Even if Dark Byte were to pass away tonight, I'd still feel saddened, though I don't know him. He's in my eyes one of these "leaders" because he's an innovator who is dedicated and has the knowledge to do what he does best, innovate--by this I mean programming Cheat Engine.

No I'm not "kissing ass", I'm just trying to relate to you.
Saifallofjmr
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:12 am    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

Bill Gates = Give billions to charity
Steve Jobs = Use billions to pay a new liver to continue screwing the industry even more, give nothing to anyone.
Bill Gates has given over 1 billion dollars to charity. Hes done a lot of good for the world.
What did Steve Jobs do besides repackage shit that already existed and act like it was revolutionary?
Bill Gates is donating a lot of his money to help fight of malaria in 3rd world countries.
Steve Jobs created sweatshops in 3rd world countries to build Apple Computers.

Why is everyone missing Steve Jobs so much?

kls85
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, Steve was a genius at marketing, he knew when people wanted those stuffs and delivered it.
Still, it's sad to see a legend in the Silicon Valley died at such a young age.
BTW, saw Bill Gates speech on TedTalk about his goal to
"Innovate to Zero"

Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kls85 wrote:
IMO, Steve was a genius at marketing, he knew when people wanted those stuffs and delivered it.
"Innovate to Zero"

He was a genius +1..R.I.P.

paupav
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he was genius we know.. so when die some famous person everybody should cry?? ...
elpacco

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kls85 wrote:
"Innovate to Zero"
This. I will give him this: he was a true American business man. An absolute genius as far as marketing goes. I can't honestly say with a straight face that he had great technological innovations; the only thing he had that was innovative was his business model: take things that already exist, make them look "new" and "revolutionary," and resell them.

FangBanger wrote:
What is the best way for a lv19 Soldier to solo Sledge on Borderlands?
Shoot him.
Hero
I'm a spammer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve jobs helped produce a good OS on pc parts far aged past use.

A great man indeed.
InternetIsSeriousBusiness

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve will forever be remembered. R.I.P Steve!
elpacco

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josheh wrote:
SF wrote:

Well, simply put, it's seeing iconic figures and amazing men--not only him, but others as well--dying and our communities now that are tearing this world apart. I hate seeing anyone who has accomplished so much, or has so much potential pass away. Now don't get me wrong I do care about the average Joe, but I just feel like all of our "leaders" are going away. Where are we going to be in the upcoming years? Who will innovate the road to the future? It takes a special and dedicated being to do what Steve did, and for that, I respect him. Now granted if he wasn't as rich, or famous, or what have you, he probably wouldn't be getting this much recognition. However I'd still feel the same way if Bill Gates or Michael Dell passed away.

EDIT: Even if Dark Byte were to pass away tonight, I'd still feel saddened, though I don't know him. He's in my eyes one of these "leaders" because he's an innovator who is dedicated and has the knowledge to do what he does best, innovate--by this I mean programming Cheat Engine.

No I'm not "kissing ass", I'm just trying to relate to you.
If anything, Steve Jobs only contributed to the "tearing apart" of our world.

All he did was make Americans more infatuated with material possessions.

FangBanger wrote:
Shoot him.
atom0s

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpacco wrote:

Your point being..? This day and age is about advancement, technology, bettering our planet all of which revolves around material possessions. Feel free to give up everything you own because you have an opinion that lacks merit in this time-frame; I doubt you would.

elpacco

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wiccaan wrote:
elpacco wrote:

Your point being..? This day and age is about advancement, technology, bettering our planet all of which revolves around material possessions. Feel free to give up everything you own because you have an opinion that lacks merit in this time-frame; I doubt you would.
I wasn't able to iterate my point as well as I had liked. He didn't contribute to the advancement of technology because his entire business model was based on the idea that it was cheaper to take something that already existed and market it as something new than to actually create something new.

He made the world obsessed with iPods, which were just shiny MP3 players. Then he came out with iPads, which were really just shiny tablets. The only thing that he kind of contributed to the advancement of was the smartphone industry with the iPhone, but Android (which has been in development since 2003) would have rolled around eventually anyway.

Plus, the way his technology is used is almost taking the end-user a step back as far as understanding how it works. He makes things oversimplified, to the point that the average user won't even know what he/she is actually doing. For example, OSX's backup utility, the Time Machine. It's a sleek and shiny looking window with an attractive icon and a cool design, almost encouraging the user to just use it, when really no one should be running a backup utility when they don't need to.

FangBanger wrote:
Shoot him.
atom0s

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpacco wrote:
The only thing that he kind of contributed to the advancement of was the smartphone industry with the iPhone, but Android (which has been in development since 2003) would have rolled around eventually anyway.

Your entire post is irrelevant due to that single line.

glasius
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SF wrote:

My thoughts exactly. Also apple products just feel like horrible pieces of plastic to me so i would be happy if apple liquidizes now, but i know that's not going to happen Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: