Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

from 32bite to 64 bite

View previous topic :: View next topic  
paupav
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:41 pm    Post subject: from 32bite to 64 bite This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

(i have now installed 32-bit win 7) is possible to install win 7 64-bit but without deleting any folders/ programms... (exept ofc win 7 32 bite) if this help i have external hard drive
SF
I'm a spammer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe if you install it over your current OS, the install will backup your data and put it in c:\windows.old

but don't bother with 64bit unless you have over 4GB of ram.

Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SF wrote:

It depends on the build he's gonna install. For instance, I have 2 GB of RAM but I'd never switch to x86 for a number of reasons and one of them is the better HD video performance on x64 (no video lag). W7Ux64 build 7600 is the best on that matter - HD video performance. There are many more reasons why x64 is better than x86, but I'll enlist them only if someone wants me to do it.
Paupav, you can install x64 over x86, but I'd suggest you an easier solution. Make a clean install of x64, then install all programs you need and after that use Symantec Ghost 11.0 on bootable CD to create a high compressed image of your Windows x64 and save this image on any drive other than C:\. I'm using this method and it's much better than reinstalling Windows every time, because this method keeps all user settings, files and folders on C:\.
Oh, and remember that x64 needs more space. x86 requires about 15 GB of hard drive and x64 requires about 20 GB.
paupav
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rado84 wrote:
SF wrote:

It depends on the build he's gonna install. For instance, I have 2 GB of RAM but I'd never switch to x86 for a number of reasons and one of them is the better HD video performance on x64 (no video lag). W7Ux64 build 7600 is the best on that matter - HD video performance. There are many more reasons why x64 is better than x86, but I'll enlist them only if someone wants me to do it.
Paupav, you can install x64 over x86, but I'd suggest you an easier solution. Make a clean install of x64, then install all programs you need and after that use Symantec Ghost 11.0 on bootable CD to create a high compressed image of your Windows x64 and save this image on any drive other than C:\. I'm using this method and it's much better than reinstalling Windows every time, because this method keeps all user settings, files and folders on C:\.
Oh, and remember that x64 needs more space. x86 requires about 15 GB of hard drive and x64 requires about 20 GB.

so it more lagg on 64 bit... thank you because i would install 64 bit and then i would again insall 32 bit because lagg (i thought to it lagg less if you have more gb of ram... )
rado84
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you didn't understand me - you will have less to none HD video lag under 64-bit Windows.
paupav
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great!
Radiation
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SF wrote:
I believe if you install it over your current OS, the install will backup your data and put it in c:\windows.old

oh ok, i have a computer that has exactly 4gb ram... i have a choice of x86 or x64 (my processor supports both - it's an AMD Athlon x2... i know i know) which one, if you were in my place, would you install?

Playing/Embedding XM and MOD files in Visual Basic 6

.erutangis ruoy ni siht esu neht ,sdrawkcab siht daer ot hguone trams erew uoy fI
I can spell your name backwards: ‮Hitler
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

depends on if you wish to hack games or not. 32bit is a lot easier to hack on

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
SF
I'm a spammer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

itapa wrote:
SF wrote:

oh ok, i have a computer that has exactly 4gb ram... i have a choice of x86 or x64 (my processor supports both - it's an AMD Athlon x2... i know i know) which one, if you were in my place, would you install?

64bit, of course.

@rado84: no video lag in 64bit? I get video lag quite often - most likely due to my processor always being under high loads.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: