Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need Bluetooth Card/Adapter for Dell Studio 1747

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zacky
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 4:32 am    Post subject: Need Bluetooth Card/Adapter for Dell Studio 1747 Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I need to buy a bluetooth card, but I have no clue where to start with this kind of thing...

This is my laptop:
http://www.dell.com/us/dfh/p/studio-1747/pd

Do you guys know if there's a certain kind of bluetooth card that my laptop can recognize? Or are they all pretty much the same?

I think I can install it though. I saw some instructions, and basically, I need to open the bottom of the laptop, put the card into the "Bluetooth card slot" which will have the bluetooth symbol on it.

But yeah, I'm basically looking for the best bluetooth card I can get. I'm mainly using this for a pair of bluetooth headphones, and I don't want it to constantly disconnect.

If you guys know what I should get, please let me know :]
Thanks guys.

Edit: I've been looking around, and adapter seems fine too I guess. But if a Bluetooth USB adapter is better, which should I get so that I'm not disappointed?
kls85
I post too much

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Internal BT cards are not easy to get and you should have got it when you were purchasing your laptop either by customizing this model or picking another model that has one.
Two choices for you, call Dell and see if you order from them or grab a USB BT adapter.

Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kls85 wrote:
Internal BT cards are not easy to get and you should have got it when you were purchasing your laptop either by customizing this model or picking another model that has one.
Two choices for you, call Dell and see if you order from them or grab a USB BT adapter.

oh, I did call them about this actually, because I reading about the Studio 1747 a little while after I bought the laptop, and apparently, the newer models of the Studio 1747 are supposed to have an intergrated bluetooth card; however, this newer model came out before I bought mine's. I might've just chosen the wrong one...

But yeah, they suggested that I buy a BT USB adapter as well. The reason why I don't want to, though, is because I only have two USB ports on this laptop. One's already used by my wireless BT mouse, and the other is used occasionally by flash drives, external hard drives, and gaming headset, and the like. It would be really convenient to have a bluetooth card instead of using up my remaining USB port.

oh, the reason why I want to add Bluetooth functionality to this laptop is because I have another really really nice Sony BT headset. And of course, for purposes that I will come across in the future, like for cell phone or something...

I guess I'll look into buying a Bluetooth USB then.
Should I buy this one?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833340019&Tpk=BTD211

It seems to be okay, according to the reviews. I'm just looking at the 1-egg reviews though. I'm hoping that their's were just faulty.

So what do you think about this USB? Should I buy it or go for another?

Last edited by Zacky on Sat May 14, 2011 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
kls85
I post too much

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if that BT adapter you have for the mouse is universal, but univertal BT adapters can accept almost any BT device.
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kls85 wrote:
Not sure if that BT adapter you have for the mouse is universal, but univertal BT adapters can accept almost any BT device.

Yeah, I asked the guys at Dell too, and they said it was made specifically for this mouse. Is there a way to adjust it so that it picks up other signals?

The BT adapter I have is for my Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3500.
kls85
I post too much

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When BT is enabled, there is a BT icon on the task bar, use that or head over to BT control panel (located in Windows control panel) and see if you can uses the BT wizard to pick up other BT devices. Most cellphones should have BT support, use that as a test. If it works, then try your headset.
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I don't see a BT icon there...

When I plugged in the BT USB adapter for the mouse though, it instantly picked up the signal from the mouse and started working right away, without any sort of iinstallation.

Does this mean that my Microsoft USB adapter was made specifically for the mouse, and nothing else?

Can I fix this with some software?
kls85
I post too much

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 3:08 pm    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

You see any BT icons in control panel? If no, then most likely that BT dongle is only for the mouse.
BTW, cordless headsets are nothing new. I remember going to my relative house and they got a Sony cordless headphone and that was back in the year 1996.

Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh... guess that means I'll have to be buying my Bluetooth adapter...

okay, thanks for your help kls. I really appreciate it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: