Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Juvenile detention... for missing school?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ipivb
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Juvenile detention... for missing school? This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

When I was 11 years old... in FIFTH GRADE... I had missed quite a bit of school, like 3 months straight one time.

Yes, I missed out on my "education" (even though I am still CONSIDERABLY smart than most my age at this point). That was punishment enough.

But I was referred to truancy court. Being so young, I had no idea what was going on. I had to go every Friday, and if I missed any school, or was even late without a doctor's note... I was put in Juvenile Detention for the weekend, until sunday.

In the 20+ times I went there, I was locked up with all kinds of kid criminals who had brought knives to school, sold drugs, stole, joyriding, you name it...

If you are still thinking "well, that's fair, your education is important". Consider this... being so young, locked up with kids much older than me, I was raped 5 times. It is maximum security... you only have 1 room mate, no one is there to protect you.
They also made us work out every day, which was by far the WORST part. They made us work out until we threw up. Being as old as I am now, 21, I could probably handle the workout. But an 11 year old simply can not handle such an intense, forced workout that involves constant running and pushups (back then I could barely do 7 pushups).

Still not convinced? When they made us shower, they forced us to strip outside the shower, with two adults watching. We could NOT be in the shower longer than 5 minutes, and there were no sandals to wear or anything. We then had to walk down the hall, naked, to pick out new clothes... while adults were watching.

Even worse... when you enter the detention, you are FULLY strip searched. Squat and cough, lift balls, lift dick... really? An 11 year old is going to smuggle in shit?
I've been to real jail a handful of times by now for drug-related crimes (and a speeding ticket I didn't take care of), and I have NEVER been strip searched or forced to work out.

Is it just me, or is this extremely wrong? Do I have any basis for suing, even though it was 7-10 years ago? Anything at all?
Geri

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have parents? Seriously. Didn't anyone notice that you are missing from school for months? (Yeah I know it is not important but guess this is where the problems started to manifest, even if the source of it was some other thing.)

If you are interested in any of my crappy articles/tutorials about CE and game hacking, you can find them here:
http://www.szemelyesintegracio.hu/cheats/41-game-hacking-articles

Don't request cheats or updates.
ipivb
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was poorly raised by senile grandparents. I stayed up extremely late every night and simply could not go to school as tired as I was.

I've tried telling my parents multiple times that it is not my fault how I turned out. If I practically abandoned my child when he was 3 years old, I wouldn't tell him it's his own fault for turning out the way he did. But they don't seem to realize its their fault for, essentially, not raising me.

I was free to do whatever I wanted as a child. Stay up late, miss school, anything. I was never punished, I was never given limits. I was in 4th grade when I stopped saying "Can I go to a friends house?" and started saying "I'm going to a friends house".
InternetIsSeriousBusiness
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fifth grade, we had to make a comic for the class, and mine was fine except one of the characters in it made a "threat" to kill somebody, but I meant it as harmlessly joking to express that he was mad at the other character. But my teacher took it the wrong way, and she got me expelled for the rest off the school year because it was a "threat" to kill somebody. I was sent to priority school for 4 months (rest of the school year), and was locked up until summer school started. Which I was locked up for a total for four and a half months. I know how you feel.
ipivb
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... and I thought I had it bad.

There needs to be a revolt against public education. This shit is fucking wrong.
Geri

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are not the only one with bad (or even worse) parents, I can assure you about that. Still not all of us is ending up like you...

As for sueing, think about these things first:

Did you ever think about that despite of being "considerably smarter", your list of achievements are not so convincing? I don't say this to be a troll, I say it because people will care about your achievements only and not about your bragging. If you didn't figure it out so far, you have fucked up, really. Saying that it was your parents' fault makes it even worse. Of course they were part of it but it was your fault too. If you say they are the cause of every wrong and you had no chance to change your life and get up to go to school, you actually say "I was a dumb and lazy teenager who did nothing at all and I needed some order in my life to be a normal citizen". A 11 year old kid is not so young to be clueless about the world so you cannot defend yourself with this. Actually it will backfire on you and you will be called ignorant.

Also as you were in jail multiple times already, no one will believe you as you are considered to be a criminal. And people don't trust criminals.

In summary, if you present your life as you did it in your post, normal people will don't give a shit about your whining. They will even think you are sueing others to get money for drugs and you are just exaggerating. You will need a very good lawyer and you have to be ready that you will be treated like the lowest scum in the court and they will exaggerate every little mistake you made in the past. You will be called a lazy teenager who was out of control, probably selling drugs on the street instead of going to school, then they have really tried to help you to be a good guy but you ended up in jail despite of their honest efforts to save your soul in the name of the Holy God and every bullshit.

If you want to go through that for whatever reason, go for it. The chances that you will fail are pretty high. As you are living in the US, anything can happen.

If you are interested in any of my crappy articles/tutorials about CE and game hacking, you can find them here:

eight-zero-one
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: This post has 2 review(s) Reply with quote

.derp

Last edited by eight-zero-one on Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
ipivb
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I can remember being 11 years old, I actually was quite clueless. I'd almost go so far as to say I was hardly conscious at that age...

Yes, I was a dumb and lazy teenager. But why? Because of my own free will? As I have discussed many times, free will hardly exists. It was external influences that caused me to have such a lack of intelligence and motivation... those influences being how I was raised.

Any good parent would certainly not allow their child to stay up so late, and miss school. Therefor, they would avoid laziness. Not out of their own free will, but because they were essentially forced to by their parents, which is how it should be.
If you have no rules on when to go to bed, go to school, etc... you are left to your own judgement. And you know why you have to be 18 to make decisions for yourself? Because that's generally the age where you become smart enough to make your own decisions. At 11 years old, you certainly are NOT smart enough to make your own decisions... otherwise, 11 year olds could get credit cards, mortgages, etc.

It's true that I have little basis to sue. I was actually drunk enough to CALL weber valley detention a few days ago, and I kindly asked if they still force kids to work out and if they still take kids in for truancy court. The guy sounded like I caught him off guard, but he said "no, we don't really do that anymore". So it's a bit fucked up that I happened to be missing school in the few years that it was such a crime.
Geri

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it depends on the circumstances. When I was like 5 years old. It was enough to look at my father to make a few decisions:

1. I will not drink.
2. I will not use drugs.
3. I will finish school properly.

And about a year later I have added,

4. I will not leave my kids behind.

It was not because I was forced to do (or not do) these things, the bad example was enough to motivate me. He was really just the lowest scum.

As for my mother, she isn't so much better either.

So when I was 11 years old, I was clearly aware why do I have to go to school and why do I have to work etc. The harder is your life, the faster you grow up. Some 11 years old kids are more mature than the average adults. Of course it is true that the average kids are clueless about the world, but you said you are considerably smarter.

As for denieing the existence of free will, scientifically you may be right but in court, especially in "the country of freedom and free will" this would be a big bad point. You know, God and your soul and the rest of the fairy tale is more convincing.

As for Weber Valley Detention, it is not a secret that these places are hell holes. A well known fact that they are worst than the prison itself. This is true in my country too. Kids who were there are usually growing up to be criminals. If you plan for going to work in the IT sector, you have to put yourself together to get a decent job. I will spare you the explanation of why are employers favoring people with an average life instead of people with a history like you. You need to have better achievements than the average to prove that despite your history, you are worth hiring.

Aids
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where the hell do you guys live? Here in Australia the worst that can happen is your parents getting in trouble from the department of education and training. I went to school 1-2 days a week for 3 years, all my father had to do was say he was working on it and ignored the letters.
Geri

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess it depends on the parents too. If you have parents at all.

InternetIsSeriousBusiness
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevergreen. wrote:
Where the hell do you guys live? Here in Australia the worst that can happen is your parents getting in trouble from the department of education and training. I went to school 1-2 days a week for 3 years, all my father had to do was say he was working on it and ignored the letters.

I am an Indianafag. (USA)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: