Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sophmore Project

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arachnophobia
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 1:39 am    Post subject: Sophmore Project Reply with quote

Has to be related to something being pursued later in life.
Thinking of doing it on either Franz Liszt or Deadmau5. any...?
redslothx
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elaborate.

I don't understand why you mentioned either of those things D:

Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basicly,. i have this stupid project due tomorrow, its a 4-6page essay called sophomore project. The topic is related to a career You may be considering after your Highschool years.
You see, im stuck in this spot right now where i can't decide on what i would actually like to become. Ive had many ideas in the past on what i would like to become just based off of what im good at and what i enjoy, but it didn't work out. My teacher had me hand in a topic proposal, but i had to keep the topic frame broad because i don't know what i want to do. Unfortuanlty, its been like this for a while. I even had to bullshit my 1st draft inwhich i wrote random glibberish, he glanced at it for a second, and gave me full credit.

Ive decided to make sophomore project interesting, and kind of fun/informative rather than be realistic or truthful so that i may get a good grade while writing about something i enjoy, and i don't know a lot about.

Some of my interests include:
Drawing
Poetry
Music
Music Appreciation (kind of)
Cooking
Gaming
And sitting around and doing nothing

WHen i go over that list again:
Artist-Chances are, your not going to make a lot of cash endless you get discovered by a big company like disney or funimation, and when you do it will be a time consuming job, i enjoy doing art on the side.
Poetry- I enjoy reading the poetry, im not going to make a decent profit off of being a poet, even if i major or minor off of it so it wouldn't be the best option
Piano-In general, pianists can make a lot of cash even off of side jobs, gigs, playing at a church on the weekends, or be a concert pianist with a lot of time and dedication, sadly piano is something im somewhat good at but i don't 100% enjoy it anymore
Cooking-Dont think a job in the Culinary field makes good pay easily
Gaming-I dont want to design games because math annoys me.

So i am stuck at a point of decision, which leads me to my main point
I want to change my Sophomore project to just be something informative rather than something thats actually going to happen, so im thinking of doing it on Deadmau5.

What do you think.
SGL
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what the fuck man
redslothx

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

>_> Be realistic. Where do you see yourself in the future?

I'll be harsh only to help you out here. Everything you mentioned carries the typical "i'm an uncreative teenager seeking a life in the arts because they're cool and everybody likes it"
Be original. Again, where do you really see yourself in the future? Remember, school comes first. The age of living without a degree is dead for the commoner. So unless you consider yourself to REALLY BE ABOVE THE MAJORITY in a specific art field, don't even dream taking a step down this road. Now that we mentioned the educational factor, lets look at the uses.

Here are some questions that you might want to answer in your report:
-Is the career that you really want useful for your life?
-Does it have any practical use?
-Are you in it for the money? the fame?
-Is there something you wish to accomplish?
-Does this career aid you or the physical and/or social environment around you? If so, how? And do you care about this? State why.

BTW: Poetry is dead, just letting you know. And with the wave of eBooks already ariving at the popular media's coast, the benefits of even becoming an actual book author are being wiped away faster than a jap standing at eastern japanese coast when the tsunami hit. Unless you plan on writing stories for movie/tv shows, dont follow this path.

Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

become a chef
poison food
become the cereal killer

Arachnophobia
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigRedOne wrote:
>_> Be realistic. Where do you see yourself in the future?

I'll be harsh only to help you out here. Everything you mentioned carries the typical "i'm an uncreative teenager seeking a life in the arts because they're cool and everybody likes it"
Be original. Again, where do you really see yourself in the future? Remember, school comes first. The age of living without a degree is dead for the commoner. So unless you consider yourself to REALLY BE ABOVE THE MAJORITY in a specific art field, don't even dream taking a step down this road. Now that we mentioned the educational factor, lets look at the uses.

Here are some questions that you might want to answer in your report:
-Is the career that you really want useful for your life?
-Does it have any practical use?
-Are you in it for the money? the fame?
-Is there something you wish to accomplish?
-Does this career aid you or the physical and/or social environment around you? If so, how? And do you care about this? State why.

BTW: Poetry is dead, just letting you know. And with the wave of eBooks already ariving at the popular media's coast, the benefits of even becoming an actual book author are being wiped away faster than a jap standing at eastern japanese coast when the tsunami hit. Unless you plan on writing stories for movie/tv shows, dont follow this path.

Not bad advice. Thanks, Ill now know to stay away from the poetry industry
Though i won't be following the Sophomore project guidelines because i want to be informative this time around. Because i am not taking this project to seriously as it is 1am in the morning, and most likely, my instructor is just going to glance at the paper to see if i have the right lenght, and may not even read it. Its just i find it an interesting topic to do it on, you know?
Im not saying im going to follow the typical teenagers seeking a career in the arts because i am uncreative, i just want to use this sophomore project that i do not wish to do as a way to do something interesting.

Like, in all honesty, the one thing i have considered as a minor is just being a pianist. Not only is the pay quite reasonable, but once i get better i beleive playing the piano would be a much more enjoyable thing if i was skillfull at it, so im probably going to continue to play, and attempt to get better.

As for a minor though, i am currently attending a Law school, and can a possibility in court report, but im not sure. (im still in highschool)
redslothx

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:07 am    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

be generic if that's the case ( '-')
Become a cop or a firefighter. Then write about how you would save people, fight crime, write tickets, and make the city a safer place.

And at the end of the essay, write: "and i'll call myself Batman." just for the lulz

Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigRedOne wrote:
be generic if that's the case ( '-')
Become a cop or a firefighter. Then write about how you would save people, fight crime, write tickets, and make the city a safer place.

And at the end of the essay, write: "and i'll call myself Batman." just for the lulz

lol
Bamases
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lets go on cef random spam for career advice, these guys know theyre talkin bout
Haxory'

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bamases wrote:
lets go on cef random spam for career advice, these guys know theyre talkin bout

I find that BigRedOne helped pretty well so shut up.

Bamases
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haxory' wrote:
Bamases wrote:

I find that BigRedOne helped pretty well so shut up.
smd
the the the
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt it has to be something you will choose later. If I were you I would pick the one which has the most information available. They won't know if you changed your major.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Random spam All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: