Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Writing my own trainer, please help
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krähne
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vnlagrla wrote:
well, considering my school has the best robotics team in nebraska and they are competing at worlds in Florida right now(I now robotics and this are not the same just saying we have a great technology school.) and that we have over 9 technology classes like C# C++ java computer repair, html, and a few cisco classes. I'm pretty sure if I asked and tried I could be taught. which is what i will do when im in the class.

I see, good luck, and greetings to your teacher cheater. Rolling Eyes

Facepalm.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  315.73 KB
 Viewed:  9637 Time(s)

Facepalm.png

Slugsnack
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:09 am    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

vnlagrla wrote:
well, considering my school has the best robotics team in nebraska and they are competing at worlds in Florida right now(I now robotics and this are not the same just saying we have a great technology school.) and that we have over 9 technology classes like C# C++ java computer repair, html, and a few cisco classes. I'm pretty sure if I asked and tried I could be taught. which is what i will do when im in the class.

Btw there are very few legitimate uses of memory editing via DLL injection academically. Chances are it is not part of any course content you know of.. Closest you'd get is assembler or when learning pointer manipulation in C. I doubt you'll be learning Win32 API. And if you do, I doubt you'll be learning Read/WriteProcessMemory(). You got helped so much in this thread already. If you can't handle what was given to you because it's too 'hard', I don't see how having a teacher tell you will make any difference.
vnlagrla
Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never said it was too hard. and I am grateful for the help in this thread. I am looking at the sites that wiccaan posted. I know this won't be a 1 night project. I am planning to spend at least a month on this to make it good and a real trainer. also every script that i don't understand why I do something I ask questions. I know i don't know that much about programming but I am just trying to learn.
FLiNG
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't really need a month to make it. It takes me about a week from know nothing about C# to be able to make a functional trainer.
I am not saying I can learn C# in one week, that's impossible. I just saying that learning by doing is a very good way to get started. Just use any source code you can find in the internet and try to understant it, and get any help you can get.
atom0s

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ETNWind wrote:
You don't really need a month to make it. It takes me about a week from know nothing about C# to be able to make a functional trainer.
I am not saying I can learn C# in one week, that's impossible. I just saying that learning by doing is a very good way to get started. Just use any source code you can find in the internet and try to understant it, and get any help you can get.

There is a difference between knowing what you are doing and piecing together something that works from others source.

I'm not saying that you have no idea or anything, but do you really know what every piece of the code you use does? I doubt you know everything there is being used in a trainer (Depending on the depth of the trainer.) with just a single week from not knowing anything at the start.

@vnlagrla: Like Slug said, is extremely unlikely your school will get into anything that comes close to altering another process. Let alone if they even get into API at all. In most cases schools will avoid anything that is system specific and deal with containers, algorithms and other things that can be done cross-platform and are not dependent on system calls.

However, learning those bases will come in handy later on. As well as also learning the language more in depth that you want to use later on with things like this too.

Just take your time and don't rush.

FLiNG
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wiccaan wrote:
ETNWind wrote:

There is a difference between knowing what you are doing and piecing together something that works from others source.

I'm not saying that you have no idea or anything, but do you really know what every piece of the code you use does? I doubt you know everything there is being used in a trainer (Depending on the depth of the trainer.) with just a single week from not knowing anything at the start.

@vnlagrla: Like Slug said, is extremely unlikely your school will get into anything that comes close to altering another process. Let alone if they even get into API at all. In most cases schools will avoid anything that is system specific and deal with containers, algorithms and other things that can be done cross-platform and are not dependent on system calls.

However, learning those bases will come in handy later on. As well as also learning the language more in depth that you want to use later on with things like this too.

Just take your time and don't rush.

Again, I am not saying I can learn C# in one week, that's impossible. Which mean I DON'T know every code I "steal" from the internet. I just saying learning by doing is a good way to begin programming, atleast you know what you are looking for. I don't know every code I used, but the point is to learn, and that is what I want to learn. I know the basic things are also important, I am not trying to skip them.
Krähne
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the code is on the Internet is free (lOl, GPL)... therefore can not say "stolen" unless you are using without give credits to owner. Oh sorry, I think there is a definition for it... "Leecher"?.

lOl.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General programming All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: