Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It would be good to create an Cheat Engine in C#?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is this a good idea?
Is a stupid idea, Cheat Engine cannot be beaten by another poor copy...
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Yes this is a nice idea, and i maybe want participate in it!
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5

Krähne
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wiccaan wrote:
Most anti-cheats can block injection or will straight up ban you for it. A good number of UCE's are still undetected due to making use of the driver since most of the time the majority of checks and such in anti-cheats are usermode checks.

Yeah, but... what if the launcher (injector of .dll engine) uses a driver for unhook all the apis that will need?; i mean... WPM, RPM, VAE, CRT, etc...

Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go use a driver like that then why even bother with a usermode dll?
A driver is present in every processes taskspace, which means that you just have to make sure the context your thread is executed in belongs to the target process and do all the edits in there (example of this is the CETC project which is a kernelmode memory scanner with a network interface for control)

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Krähne
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
If you go use a driver like that then why even bother with a usermode dll?
A driver is present in every processes taskspace, which means that you just have to make sure the context your thread is executed in belongs to the target process and do all the edits in there (example of this is the CETC project which is a kernelmode memory scanner with a network interface for control)

Well... because I was thinking that if not using the Win32 API when it was scanning, reading and modifying memory, on the understanding that I injected into the process, then it would be difficult to detect me.

I do not know if it's a stupid idea, maybe yes, but who knows right?...

Another thing, is that when creating a driver, are not it necessary to use the usermode APIs?, i mean... Is the driver who modify the memory and not the GUI?

For example: I would not use OpenProcess on user level, but... zwOpenProcess kernel level?, the driver are doing the job of openprocess?.

I was thinking that the only function of the driver was unhook the Windows API, and i will can use it from usermode without problems... haha epic noob.

Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just use the kernelmode KeAttachProcess, or just change the CR3 register to the value of the target process. (or even just map the physical memory of the target process to a local virtual address)

From there you can read and edit all the memory without anything blocking you, or even able to block you (Virtualpagedir plugin in the plugin section for example makes use of mapping the physical memory of the target process based on the physical address stored in Cr3 of the target)

but yeah, if you don't know the difference between CR3 and CR0 then usermode is the easiest option for now

Krähne
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
You just use the kernelmode KeAttachProcess, or just change the CR3 register to the value of the target process. (or even just map the physical memory of the target process to a local virtual address)

From there you can read and edit all the memory without anything blocking you, or even able to block you (Virtualpagedir plugin in the plugin section for example makes use of mapping the physical memory of the target process based on the physical address stored in Cr3 of the target)

but yeah, if you don't know the difference between CR3 and CR0 then usermode is the easiest option for now

I really do not know the difference between CR3 and CR0, Will you has there a manual that explains it?; Something for beginners ... I'll appreciate it.

Anyways, what do you mean by usermode?.

Thanks for the answer.

Innovation
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:48 am    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

DaasCook wrote:
I really do not know the difference between CR3 and CR0, Will you has there a manual that explains it?; Something for beginners ... I'll appreciate it.

CR0 and CR3 are both control registers. CR0 is typically used to hold many important values such as whether protected mode is enabled or not. CR3 is used for virtual to physical memory translations.

Take a look at Intel's Developer Manuals.

Last edited by Innovation on Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jorg hi
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

..What if someone creates a way to automatically change everything inside the program to allow it to be undetected?
Krähne
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorg hi wrote:
..What if someone creates a way to automatically change everything inside the program to allow it to be undetected?

I, robot wrote:
(...)*That*, Detective, is the right question. Program terminated.(...)

Innovation wrote:
DaasCook wrote:

Take a look at Intel's Developer Manuals. CR0 and CR3 are both control registers. CR0 is typically used to hold many important values such as whether protected mode is enabled or not. CR3 is used for virtual to physical memory translations.

Lol... Do you have something similar in Spanish?. I guess not, but however, i'm going to try understand it in english :/...

Slugsnack
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorg hi wrote:

Cue: Polymorphic code
Freiza
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I create GUI in C#/WPF and implement core functionality in C++ then is it a good idea or still it can be easily detected?
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The anti cheats will just look for your gui
Search for a window with specific object classes and names, or even just their relative position between eachother (e.g ce's gui has 2 buttons next to eachother and an image in the top-right with a flat button right under it. Quite specific and can be scanned for)

Really, getting access to the process's memory is easy, it's just that hiding your gui is a little more troublesome as you need to manually adjust that every time it's detected (and just randomizing the position and widths of all objects would make a really bad interface for the user)

Anyhow, look up the cetc project, it's a gui-less memory scanner. Only visible thing is the network interface that is used to communicate with it from another system

Of course, if you never give out your undetected program you should be fine

iPromise
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually almost done my own "Cheat Engine" in C++. I'm adding the dissassembler now and it will be complete.

@Wiccan You can quickly inject your DLL before the anti-cheat initializes.
Slugsnack

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, you can inject before anti-cheat initialises but some of them will check for presence of unknown dll at runtime
iPromise
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're right and I took my gamble on it, but what about the friendly dll's that some external hardwares (keyboards, mouses) and programs that need to inject their dll's globally into every process?

i think the anti cheat engines havn't checked for the precense of unknown dll's because it could lead to an unstable computer/game for the user

and a question, cant you just add on your code to a dll from the games directory bypass the check for any corrupt dlls by the anti-cheat engine. its what we use to do for gunbound we replaced Buddy2.dll, the friend chatting didn't work but your code was injected, and in this case, loaded.
Slugsnack

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

depends how far the protection goes. some of them do integrity checks such as crc32 with the dlls. in regards to globally injected dlls, some protections freak out but often they have a whitelist for these. if your dll injects (with that method), you got lucky because their checks are not as extensive
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General programming All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: