Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Windows 7 Laptop Typing Cursor Jumping

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:51 am    Post subject: Windows 7 Laptop Typing Cursor Jumping Reply with quote

Googled? Yes.
There's this problem that apparently a bunch of other people have posted about, but there has yet to be an obvious solution to the problem.

When I'm typing on my laptop (Doesn't matter where, URL's, in Notepad, Office, etc) the typing cursor jumps so that the next thing I know I'm typing the second half of my sentence inbetween another word.

Does anyone know of a definite fix?

Like the many posts I've found on google, I have update the latest touchpad drivers, and no, my hand is not accidentally tapping the touchpad..
AhMunRa
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disable the touchpad and use a mouse?
kls85
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple, disable tap clicking.
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have disabled the touchpad, and I am using a USB mouse. This is still happening..
AhMunRa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Googled your issue some people suggested a program called Touch Freeze. Which effectively disables the touch pad while typing. Others have had luck changing the Mouse behavour in Pointers menu under Control Panel.
AhMunRa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject: This post has 3 review(s) Reply with quote

Edit*** Apologies to Two for hijacking this thread. Should not have done that. Were you able to resolve your issue? From what I had read on it, it seemed to affect a great many systems, across different manufacturers. This could be due to a chipset, or a software conflict. A bit more information on your system may help to isolate the cause. ***

Having used every Windows since 3.1 I can say that on Windows 7 they hit the joe. What you call major area missed is a big win. Windows for years has needed to remove a lot of the tedium that used to be computing, in doing so they opened the doors to serious vulnerabilities in the OS itself. To this day you will find people that will not read a pop up window to see what they are clicking OK to, they are trained to click to make it go away. Microsoft has gone above and beyond the call with UAC, very excellent idea on their part, though some knuckleheads will disable it so they don't have to click the window. What a pain, till you lose your data due to infection or half your life savings to identity theft. Of all the Windows versions I've used over the years I'd rate XP slightly above Win 98SE and way above Win ME. Prior to Server 2003 and Server 2008 the best was Windows 2000. Since I've been using Windows 7 I have to say, they really nailed it with this release. It's trim, only runs what's needed and was built with security in mind. The major reason Vista missed the mark, were the driver issues and the hefty requirements from previous versions, and it was a bloated resource hog.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: