| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
Moments Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 17
Joined: 20 Mar 2008 Posts: 1196
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
InternetIsSeriousBusiness Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 8
Joined: 12 Jul 2010 Posts: 1268
|
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:22 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| C++
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Aviar³ Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 50
Joined: 03 Jan 2008 Posts: 655 Location: Canada
|
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:28 pm Post subject: |
|
|
You'll fail. If you automatically want to just do it to make a video game, you'll give up long before you make it.
_________________
This is the inception of deception, checking the depth of your perception.
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Moments Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 17
Joined: 20 Mar 2008 Posts: 1196
|
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:30 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Aviar³ wrote: | | You'll fail. If you automatically want to just do it to make a video game, you'll give up long before you make it. | Oh, I know, I'm asking for a friend who has experience :L
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
gogodr I post too much
Reputation: 125
Joined: 19 Dec 2006 Posts: 2041
|
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:32 pm Post subject: |
|
|
if you are new to coding start with visual basic until you get an idea of how to make your ideas into algorithms and a code structure.
once you reach that point go for C# or C++
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Aviar³ Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 50
Joined: 03 Jan 2008 Posts: 655 Location: Canada
|
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:34 pm Post subject: |
|
|
C#\XNA is the best for quickly getting into games. Other choices are Java, Python (the language is simple, though I haven't seen industrial grade games in the language). Eventually, if you go professional, you'll HAVE to lean C/C++/ASM.
_________________
This is the inception of deception, checking the depth of your perception.
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Phox I post too much
Reputation: 110
Joined: 11 Nov 2008 Posts: 2034
|
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:41 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Learn BASIC. It's the easiest to pick up on, and once you know it, you have a huge head start on any other language. If I had started C# as my first language, I probably would have given up, but BASIC really gave me the headway into more advanced stuff.
Side note:
I'm working on a project with C#, it's FUCKING FRUSTRATING. Don't think I gave up on CEF City, I'm still working on it, but it's just god damn hard, and slow.
Another side note:
Sorrow, I'd be happy to do pixel art for your project if you do end up going through with it.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Aviar³ Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 50
Joined: 03 Jan 2008 Posts: 655 Location: Canada
|
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:43 pm Post subject: |
|
|
C#? Hard? Wut.
_________________
This is the inception of deception, checking the depth of your perception.
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Simon :v Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 38
Joined: 11 Oct 2006 Posts: 708
|
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:52 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| RPGMAKERXP LOL.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
King Chezzmo Cheater
Reputation: 29
Joined: 10 Nov 2009 Posts: 43
|
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:05 pm Post subject: |
|
|
visual basic master race.
_________________
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Garavito Master Cheater
Reputation: 0
Joined: 21 Jun 2009 Posts: 387
|
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:14 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Python
_________________
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Up2Admin I'm a spammer
Reputation: 126
Joined: 17 Oct 2007 Posts: 6550 Location: Texas
|
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:14 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| TheIndianGuy wrote: | | Aviar³ wrote: | | C#? Hard? Wut. |
|
_________________
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Oblivious Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 45
Joined: 12 Mar 2008 Posts: 1729
|
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:39 pm Post subject: |
|
|
game maker AND visual basic
why choose gold when you can choose gold AND diamonds
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
br0l0ck Cheater
Reputation: 63
Joined: 15 Aug 2007 Posts: 36
|
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:42 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| html
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Phox I post too much
Reputation: 110
Joined: 11 Nov 2008 Posts: 2034
|
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:15 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Aviar³ wrote: | | C#? Hard? Wut. |
I'm stumped on having the game figure out if something just went in front of the player and making that object disappear. I'm also just not that good.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|