Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


What's the best programming language to start with
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Random spam
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Moments
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 17

Joined: 20 Mar 2008
Posts: 1196

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:20 pm    Post subject: What's the best programming language to start with Reply with quote

bla i'm gonna be brief because I'm lazy, I'm thinking C/C++ I don't know good vidya dev languages. I want to make something similar to http://www.g4tv.com/videos/50544/Cthulhu-Saves-the-World-Exclusive-Trailer/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
InternetIsSeriousBusiness
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 8

Joined: 12 Jul 2010
Posts: 1268

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C++
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Aviar³
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 50

Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 655
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll fail. If you automatically want to just do it to make a video game, you'll give up long before you make it.
_________________
This is the inception of deception, checking the depth of your perception.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Moments
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 17

Joined: 20 Mar 2008
Posts: 1196

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aviar³ wrote:
You'll fail. If you automatically want to just do it to make a video game, you'll give up long before you make it.
Oh, I know, I'm asking for a friend who has experience :L
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gogodr
I post too much
Reputation: 125

Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 2041

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you are new to coding start with visual basic until you get an idea of how to make your ideas into algorithms and a code structure.
once you reach that point go for C# or C++
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Aviar³
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 50

Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 655
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C#\XNA is the best for quickly getting into games. Other choices are Java, Python (the language is simple, though I haven't seen industrial grade games in the language). Eventually, if you go professional, you'll HAVE to lean C/C++/ASM.
_________________
This is the inception of deception, checking the depth of your perception.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phox
I post too much
Reputation: 110

Joined: 11 Nov 2008
Posts: 2034

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Learn BASIC. It's the easiest to pick up on, and once you know it, you have a huge head start on any other language. If I had started C# as my first language, I probably would have given up, but BASIC really gave me the headway into more advanced stuff.

Side note:
I'm working on a project with C#, it's FUCKING FRUSTRATING. Don't think I gave up on CEF City, I'm still working on it, but it's just god damn hard, and slow.

Another side note:
Sorrow, I'd be happy to do pixel art for your project if you do end up going through with it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Aviar³
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 50

Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 655
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C#? Hard? Wut.
_________________
This is the inception of deception, checking the depth of your perception.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Simon :v
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 38

Joined: 11 Oct 2006
Posts: 708

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RPGMAKERXP LOL.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
King Chezzmo
Cheater
Reputation: 29

Joined: 10 Nov 2009
Posts: 43

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visual basic master race.
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Garavito
Master Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 21 Jun 2009
Posts: 387

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Python
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Up2Admin
I'm a spammer
Reputation: 126

Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 6550
Location: Texas

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheIndianGuy wrote:
Aviar³ wrote:
C#? Hard? Wut.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Oblivious
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 45

Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 1729

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

game maker AND visual basic

why choose gold when you can choose gold AND diamonds
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
br0l0ck
Cheater
Reputation: 63

Joined: 15 Aug 2007
Posts: 36

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phox
I post too much
Reputation: 110

Joined: 11 Nov 2008
Posts: 2034

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aviar³ wrote:
C#? Hard? Wut.

I'm stumped on having the game figure out if something just went in front of the player and making that object disappear. I'm also just not that good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Random spam All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

CE Wiki   IRC (#CEF)   Twitter
Third party websites