Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to persuade your mum/dad to let you get an Xbox 360/ps3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThatGuyAgain
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+=Marvin=+ wrote:
What i usually do to save money is walk to from house to school and school to house. Every week i get $20 dollars from my parents but i barely spend it Very Happy. I only spend my money when needed, eg. emergency burger king! Very Happy

But if you really want to buy a console, wait for a new version to come out.
Technology develops fast, so you should wait for a new version of the console to be released and then buy it Very Happy. But be careful, new is not always better.

It is good to save money, it helps you buy anything you need if you have sufficient. But save.

Yeah, I made a topic a month or two back before I started saving that I asked if anyone knew of any new Xbox console plans but sadly nobody knows anything.

I'm a spammer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't expect a new console anytime soon. Maybe a Wii, or an entirely new system... but PS3/Xbox - I doubt it. They have a massive online player base now, everything they have done on the PS3/360 would have to be able to be easily used/synced with a new console.. and since we're already pushing the graphics to the point where we can't really get much better due to the limit of what the human eye can see... a new console is quite useless & a waste of money unless it has something we don't already - and they could always just make addons instead of new console, like the Kinect.
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:39 am    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

The Grimfather. wrote:
You should really be more content with you have.
And if you want it THAT bad earn it. Its about time you realise not everything in life is going to be "handed" to you.

He did earn it... if you walk into walmart with $300, and walk out with a PS3, you earned that PS3.

The whole point is that it's ridiculous for his parents to say he can't own a game console. With his life being controlled this strictly, it's likely that when he finally does get more freedom, he will abuse it. It's a trend that I've seen with all the kids I went to school with. Those who could do as they wanted at a younger age, eventually slowed down and grew up when they reached 18-20. But those who were strictly controlled... they completely blew up into drug use, criminal acts, etc as soon as they were 18. It's not good a good situation for a child to be overly controlled.
M.CORP
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...I have one friend who hasn't have a console, and does not like one.
But he has a really good computer and rejoices in it, playing Starcraft 2.
Wish i had one of those.

But i agree to you point ipivb, it is hard for a kid to be overcontrolled by his parents.
Remember Michael jackson?
He was overly controlled by his dad, to stick with music while he was a kid. His dad forced him and his brothers to master the dance perfectly. While the father watches the performance of his sons do the dance in a room while holding an object eg. belt, he would simply hit him or his brothers if they make a mistake. And when MJ grew up, he tend to be more childish since he barely had a chance to live his childhood. He grew up with barely any experience of freedom in his early life.

hcavolsdsadgadsg
I'm a spammer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahah, I think your clown shoes are too tight if you think that. Ughghgh he can't have a PS3, what a pitiful deprived existence.

get real and get some self control.
ipivb
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not even about the PS3. Not at all. I don't think he should get one... with $300, you can buy a new CPU, motherboard, graphics card, and RAM that will at least be decent for some games.

If his parents are pretty relaxed and for some reason they just completely shit down their leg at the thought of having a console in the house... well, then maybe they need some help. But chances are, his parents are controlling about everything. I could understand not letting him play M rated games or owning a BB gun... but there is a limit to how much control is appropriate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: