Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

looking for a Php coder

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShaunYCash
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: looking for a Php coder Reply with quote

Hi, me and a great friend are looking for 1-5 php coders for a hard project that we want to release and rent it at the end.
We whant to build a little community website that has a chat, forum and a blog moderate by user/admin with vote system.
No domaine name has been registered and we dont have an hosting plan yet we are trying to find some php expert to build this.
We both dont know how to code in PHP I am curently trying to learn it but nothing to do I fail to learn it.
I speak french and same thing for my friends but it has no effect on the project we will translate it at the end.
Thank you for your futur awnser.

Up2Admin
I'm a spammer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you just need to install phpBB, Wordpress, and a chat?
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not exactly we whant to build the whole module from a scratch or from a simple forum build an addon guest bloging and the user can vote for each blog message in "stand by" also a chat to give them the possibility to talk to eachother in realtime.
AhMunRa
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will need to make sure that the coders you choose also know how to make a back end database work with PHP. You are pretty much reinventing the wheel.

If I'm correct what you want it:

A live chat on the site of some type.
A custom created forum.
A custom Content Management System, as none of you will be able to modify the PHP code once produced.
"Add-on guest blogging" I assume this is some type of shout box or shout wall, or possibly something related from the users personal account, perhaps a personal user page.

This is a lot of work, and is pretty much re-inventing the wheel as there are tons of ready made products for free that can do all you mentioned.

atom0s

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not for nothing, but this really sounds more on the lines of "code it for us so we can profit off your work" type thing. If you and your friend both have no idea how to code in php, why would others do it for you so you can turn around and sell their code?

You may want to take the time to learn php before you start trying to bring on other developers onto your team. In your current position, you are bound to have your idea taken and sold without you if you create a team of others whom don't need you at all.

Not trying to bash you or the idea, just suggesting that you take the time to learn php before looking into group projects and sales.

ShaunYCash
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright well I will show you what I currently got in mind.
Start on the source of PunBB.
Build a Guest blog with a vote system Good/Bad for user the most voted good will be approved by the admin if rated bad the admin will delete it.
Exemple: www.fmylife.com
I think the idea now is more concret.

Gypsy++
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Advise: Use a free forum builder or learn PHP and do it yourself. Reasons why: Hiring a builder or a coder to do the work for you is not a good option because...what happens if there is a really bad problem and you don't know jack shit 'bout PHP or the problem..and the builder you hired is no where to be found, you're basically fucked.
AhMunRa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are going to have your blogs voted on, why include Admin in the mix, just have the blog removed after a time period passes if it hasn't aquired X amount of positive votes. For each positive vote until X is reached you could extend the period of expiration.
ShaunYCash
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ye but i think this project got trached after a few discussion with my friends we will try to build something else by ourselft.
Tycox
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can make you a Database with php and right pretty advanced css
Mr.SnowGoon!
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

PHP is one of the easiest languages to learn, and programming a php forum from scratch could take some more time and you'll have alot of problems..

Either you learn basic PHP, either from a site, or learning from sources (what I did) and install PHPBB3 w/ a good web host preferably an offshore host like Daringhost.com - whom is offer $5-7 USD/ Month.

Like Despair said you're far better off learning it your self and making it, cause one you'll be wasting money on something you can be doing yourself, two If you have MySQL errors or rather any error in general you'll always have to go to them, and as a programmer, most are busy on multiple projects.

So lets say your programmers decided to quit or take a break and a error occures and you go to them and they'll tell you to wait till they decide to come back, and you cant wait.. you'll have to end up learning or people will start leaving.. cause you cant just rely on other people to do shit for you.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The final point is not really legit.. As long as the programmer you hired is not sub-par shit-level, the code he leaves behind should be readable and maintainable by other programmers as long as your project isn't huge.
Mr.SnowGoon!
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slugsnack wrote:
The final point is not really legit.. As long as the programmer you hired is not sub-par shit-level, the code he leaves behind should be readable and maintainable by other programmers as long as your project isn't huge.

Have to agree with that.

How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:39 am    Post subject: Re: looking for a Php coder Reply with quote

I have a liitle knowledge of php so let me know if I can help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Web Development All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: