Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to choose laptops
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZacTheSin
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArcaneKnite wrote:

Yeah, because serious art people use GarageArt.

Right. Because that's the only program available for Macs.

ArcaneKnite wrote:

If you are a gamer, I see no reason why you would own a Mac. If you're into art, there is no reason for you to own a Mac.

When did I say anything about a gamer buying a Mac?
If you would kindly scroll up, I remember saying this.
ZacTheSin wrote:
The first thing you should be asking is, "What will you be, or potentially be, doing on the computer."

ArcaneKnite wrote:
The way I see it, a PC can pretty much do everything you Mac can. The OSX GUI is quite friendly with the dock and everything. The question is, why don't you boot in W7 in the first place so you can do art AND play LoL without switching? Seems like you're using a Mac just to say that you have one to inconvenience yourself.

Because I have a part time job that REQUIRES I use Mac software. And I don't want to get distracted by all the things I usually do in Windows.

ArcaneKnite wrote:
You don't need to be computer literate. You just need to have money. That's why you PAY people to upgrade for you. Upgrading HDD and RAM is easy. Upgrading a CPU or GPU on a laptop is not easy/not possible.

Also, external harddrive.

I agree.

ArcaneKnite
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. That's not the only program available for Macs, but chances are, you can find the same thing, possibly even better ones on the PC.

2. I never said you were a gamer. But you did bring up LoL which is a video game, and I merely stated that gamers would have a much better time on PC than Macs.

3. What job do you have that REQUIRES Mac software? From what I know, most companies if not all, use PCs, not Macs.
Phox
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArcaneKnite wrote:
1. That's not the only program available for Macs, but chances are, you can find the same thing, possibly even better ones on the PC.

2. I never said you were a gamer. But you did bring up LoL which is a video game, and I merely stated that gamers would have a much better time on PC than Macs.

3. What job do you have that REQUIRES Mac software? From what I know, most companies if not all, use PCs, not Macs.

A lot of the time I see companies and private schools that require employees/students to have mac computers, but they aren't doing anything with them that you need a mac for. Again returning to your point that there isn't anything on a mac that you can't do on a PC. My hypothesis is that certain jobs require a Mac because, more often than not, the people who made the rule are idiots.
ArcaneKnite

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phox wrote:
ArcaneKnite wrote:

A lot of the time I see companies and private schools that require employees/students to have mac computers, but they aren't doing anything with them that you need a mac for. Again returning to your point that there isn't anything on a mac that you can't do on a PC. My hypothesis is that certain jobs require a Mac because, more often than not, the people who made the rule are idiots.

Or they watch too much TV/Movies where Steve Jobs pays millions for the actors to use Macs.
ZacTheSin
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Data recovery.
It's possible on Windows* and Linux, but much more difficult because of the lack of support for HFS+ And I got the Mac for free, of course I'll use it now and then...

*A good Windows program for getting shit off a mac (You'll know what I mean if you plug it's hdd straight into a pc) is MacDrive.

Shota

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:26 pm    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

PROTIP: A LAPTOP MEANS PORTABLE, WHAT THE FUCK IS THE POINT IF YOUR LAPTOP WEIGHT MORE THAN 5POUNDS, LARGER THAN 15", AND HAVE LESS THAN 3HOURS OF BATTERY?
After all those you are only choosing for reliability
example:
>buying consumer level laptops ( multimedia series from hp,dell,acer, etc)
gets less than 3hour battery life, poor support, basement quality with cheap parts
>buying business level ( thinkpad, Dell Latitude, hp probook series)
pro warranty, real support, have actual power/battery, and fucking durable as fuck.

TL;DR
Buy a thinkpad (T series for everything, X series for mobility and light browsing, W series for workstation etc, there's also tablet thinkpad with core i5,i7, ips panel, and 6hours of battery for under 1k)
Buy a mac for the look and 10hours of battery ( under OSX, enjoy 6-8hours under window)
GUIDE FOR BUYING A GOOD LAPTOP THAT'S NOT A MACBOOK
battery>mobility> built quality>warranty> display quality> actual hardware > other replaceable shit ( hdd, ram, pci mini expansion) > bell and whistles > software> price

Officially gay.
ZacTheSin
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shota wrote:
PROTIP: A LAPTOP MEANS PORTABLE, WHAT THE FUCK IS THE POINT IF YOUR LAPTOP WEIGHT MORE THAN 5POUNDS, LARGER THAN 15", AND HAVE LESS THAN 3HOURS OF BATTERY?
After all those you are only choosing for reliability
example:
>buying consumer level laptops ( multimedia series from hp,dell,acer, etc)
gets less than 3hour battery life, poor support, basement quality with cheap parts
>buying business level ( thinkpad, Dell Latitude, hp probook series)
pro warranty, real support, have actual power/battery, and fucking durable as fuck.

TL;DR
Buy a thinkpad (T series for everything, X series for mobility and light browsing, W series for workstation etc, there's also tablet thinkpad with core i5,i7, ips panel, and 6hours of battery for under 1k)
Buy a mac for the look and 10hours of battery ( under OSX, enjoy 6-8hours under window)
GUIDE FOR BUYING A GOOD LAPTOP THAT'S NOT A MACBOOK
battery>mobility> built quality>warranty> display quality> actual hardware > other replaceable shit ( hdd, ram, pci mini expansion) > bell and whistles > software> price

[likebutton]

GG

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac is merely a personal preference, so stop bitching...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: