Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CRPG Recommendations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Icklorfin
I post too much

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: CRPG Recommendations Reply with quote

I'd recommend-
-Planescape: Torment
-Knights of the Old Republic 1&2

Can anybody recommend to me CRPG games similar to those, and can still run on my crappy computer?

I have 3 GB of ram, an integrated graphics card... and other low-end features of a $300 pre-built computer.
M.CORP
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That computer isn't even crappy.
My ones crappier:
256mb RAM
1.8 ghz AMD Athlon 2100
32mb integrated
etc...
I'd recommend you Runescape if you haven't played it.
Or, Ragnarok.

ipivb
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In storage I have a 233 mhz pentium 2 with 96 MB RAM and a 6 GB hard drive. Can barely run firefox and msn messenger at the same time.

But yeah Runescape is good.
Icklorfin
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I say CRPG I meant, single-player games for the computer, not the MMO's like Runescape, Mooble, etc.
SF
I'm a spammer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:40 pm    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

I personally haven't played it, but it looks great and it should run decent on low-end systems.

I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final Fantasy VII

Can run on any machine, and it's still the best RPG I've played till this day.
hcavolsdsadgadsg
I'm a spammer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: CRPG Recommendations Reply with quote

Icklorfin wrote:
I'd recommend-
-Planescape: Torment

the amount of writing in this is ridiculous, it has over 1 million words if i remember right... which is like 10 average novels.

Fantasy wrote:
Final Fantasy VII

Can run on any machine, and it's still the best RPG I've played till this day.

fun but hilariously flawed if you're approaching it years later wiser than you were over a decade ago.

yo whatup i cleared the whole game in like 30 hours of gameplay, beat both weapons, had multiple masters of every materia type, levels in the 90s, doing 50k damage per single physical attack command. nearing 6000 health on everyone before the first disc ended, almost level 60, 99 x-potions, a spell that hasted, shelled, protected the entire party, etc etc. it's so easyyyyyy.
Icklorfin
I post too much

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SF wrote:
Amnesia: The Dark Descent

I personally haven't played it, but it looks great and it should run decent on low-end systems.

Thanks, I'll get the game soon and play it during the weekend, just hope I don't soil my pants while doing so because I am easily scared.

Edit: It seems that even Amnesia is too taxing for my poor system Sad. Does anybody have any other alternatives?
jiiui
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who still prepends "C" to "RPG"? Hell, who ever did that?
ipivb
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:31 am    Post subject: Re: CRPG Recommendations Reply with quote

slovach wrote:
fun but hilariously flawed if you're approaching it years later wiser than you were over a decade ago.

yo whatup i cleared the whole game in like 30 hours of gameplay, beat both weapons, had multiple masters of every materia type, levels in the 90s, doing 50k damage per single physical attack command. nearing 6000 health on everyone before the first disc ended, almost level 60, 99 x-potions, a spell that hasted, shelled, protected the entire party, etc etc. it's so easyyyyyy.

So true lol. Playing it now, it's so hard not to overlevel. You can easily beat the game at level 60, and it's hard to not reach that level if you do any kind of training at all.

And it's not just the difficulty but the storyline itself. It's a good plot but poorly executed. Everyone demands for a remake, but it just wouldn't work because practically every single moment of dialogue would look completely ridiculous in today's graphics.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: