Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suggested Feature/s:...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
\x00
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:15 pm    Post subject: Suggested Feature/s:... Reply with quote

I see that it is possible to upload your cheat files to the website. I believe it would be more productive if this feature was to be built into the executable as well. I believe this may lead to more activity in the cheat tables area of the website. One suggestion to implement this would be a checkbox in the save dialog that would have the program upload it to the website upon the user saving their codes to their local storage device.

It might also be recommended to provide another option that would enable the display of a confirmation box to the user if the 'also save to web' box was checked. this option would turn on or off the display of a confirmation box that would make sure the user wants to make the data available to the public cheat database. This will help those who are worried about forgetting the save to web feature is on and accidentally saving data for a process that would serve no use and have no place in the cheats database.

I would suggest on the web end to use the memory address'/values from the cheat files being uploaded as the unique primary key in the database table ( if applicable), and if it is determined that the key already exists when a user is uploading their codes, the web application would do something like: add the user's name to the list of users who have submitted this code, maybe timestamp it if you want. That would also help users see that the codes are more likely to be valid when the codes have been touched by multiple users of the community.

It might also be worth suggesting a feature in the executable that would allow you to browse available cheats where the end user could then download cheat files from the cheat database here.

Also perhaps an option that could be toggled on/off that would search the cheat database here for any matching files and present them as suggestions to the user if it see's codes exist that aren't in the end users cheat file for the particular process.

I feel like these things would be welcomed additions to the cheat table/collaboration going-ons.

I do not believe these are necessary features that this program/community is lacking. This program has been reliable for me for many tasks. These suggestions are just a way for me to try and put back though it requires minimal effort on my behalf thus far. I hope these suggestions will only fortify the community and flow here. Thank-you for a great program.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

I've been thinking about this for a while but haven't had time to implement it

also, someone might also be able to implement this using the lua script engine inside ce (using the luasocket library and an OpenProcess watch)

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: