Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What programming Language would be good?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jorg hi
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject: What programming Language would be good? Reply with quote

If you would want to be able to fully grasp Engineering concepts and know how to apply it? I'm thinking Assembly but I don't know... C++ seems a little too simple for Engineering..
AhMunRa
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Engineering is a broad term, are you talking about Mechanical, software, or Biochemical.

I'll assume Software. If this is the case you will most likely learn ASM to help you better understand software/hardware interaction. Though these days it's not as important as when you had to use a limited amount of memory and have your program allocate it, now the compiler pretty much does it.

HomerSexual

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AhMunRa, I feel like your definition of Software Engineering is a bit off. Software Engineers are not usually the ones that work with hardware interaction. Software Engineers build components for the project but not usually on a hardware level.

On topic: I personally feel like Java or another OO strong language is best for SE. Software Engineers usually work in teams and have to assemble components built separate from one another, which Java is well suited for. Also from talking to people in industry, Java is a very common language.

I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No no!! Software Engineering is not as deep as what I mean! This seems like a JOKE of a thing to do. ALL you do is Computer Program. I am talking about being much deeper! The ability to create new and different types of computers! Not just a screen with pixels changing! REALLY! Who would want to develop plans that take hours just to make a SIMPLE communication program!!! Software Engineering is a joke... And nobody can convince me.. I need deeper.. like this.

http://www.go4expert.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12088
AhMunRa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then yes you want ASM, but even still it may not help you fully understand the mechanics of hardware. Not just ready built hardware, but rather why we are currently limited to the number of transistors we can pack into a chip.

Why silicon has encouraged the shrinkage of transistors leading to smaller, faster, less power hungry cpu's, and where it will lead in the future with other materials (read graphene).

You may also want to check out some stuff about electronics in general.

hcavolsdsadgadsg
I'm a spammer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd assume a lot of C and assembly native to the architecture.
Jorg hi
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I don't think any Computer Language will help me understand the depths of Technological Engineering...

Its like its own language.
hcavolsdsadgadsg
I'm a spammer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

go grab an arduino set or a breadboard kit or something then
Jorg hi
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK!! It seems that Computer Engineering is a secret thing now... HOW the heck am I gonna learn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hcavolsdsadgadsg
I'm a spammer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorg hi wrote:
OK!! It seems that Computer Engineering is a secret thing now... HOW the heck am I gonna learn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they have this cool thing now it's called take a class on it

or read, a lot.
or a combination.
Jorg hi
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol where am I gonna find a class. I guess I'll just check some online tutorials lol. I'm proficient with programming... but I feel like there is something more important to know.
AhMunRa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slovach wrote:
go grab an arduino set

I love you slovach.

But he is right, get a nerd kit, arduino, or something similar. Computers aren't something mysterious, and alchemic, they are a piece of electronics. At their core they are nothing more than a set of switches, or gates, binary language comes from this gate, either 1 (on) or 0 (off), electricity or no electricity.

This wouldn't be a bad start either.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2117994

Slugsnack

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorg hi wrote:
Lol where am I gonna find a class. I guess I'll just check some online tutorials lol. I'm proficient with programming... but I feel like there is something more important to know.

The best way I can describe to you how misinformed you are is to ask you to look at the scope and complexity of your programs. Your programs have all been simple and small. I doubt they have been tested or validated using formal methods and I doubt you have conception of true OOP or design patterns. Software engineering design will allow you to design useful programs with a team of software engineers. You can use techniques drawing from agile software development for the human part but for the technical part you must realise this is currently still a leading issue with software engineering as a whole. How can we have make a team of people work effectively ? This is not as simple as decoupling different components. Anyway fuck it. I was gonna type a lot more but bored now.
Trow
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: What programming Language would be good? Reply with quote

Jorg hi wrote:
... The ability to create new and different types of computers! ...

So then, why are you looking at computer engineering? You should get certified as a professional electrical engineer instead.
Jorg hi
I post too much

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But thats too deep and I'm too young O_O.

I always hear about these random people making science fair projects using high tech computers to control robots from scratch! I guess I'm just gonna improve my programming logic xD Then eventually start this Engineer stuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General programming All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: