Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Computer build, first one :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
elpacco
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.::Byte::. wrote:
Can you find a PSU compatable with my parts, and one that offers a good stable supply of power? I can't seem to find a good one. I don't think that ram will work with the Asus Motherboard. It's standard is 2000.
I didn't really look at your motherboard earlier that well, but it appears that it's open box. Don't get an open box mobo, you don't know what you're getting. There's a reason it was sent back. It's not even recertified. You don't wanna go with an open box mobo.
Anyway, it says the memory standard is
Quote:
DDR3 2600+/2200/1600/1333/1066/ 800

Also, all power supplies are compatible with everything, pretty much. But here's the one I would recommend:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139006
Corsair really does make a good power supply.

FangBanger wrote:
What is the best way for a lv19 Soldier to solo Sledge on Borderlands?
Shoot him.
Gypsy++
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a PSU, that exact one actually. And I found an Optical Drive. lol I think you're talking about the previous Motherboard. This is the one I'm getting: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131648R 'Cause it has 6 RAM slots instead of four, and it looks better, and has better review (more features also).

Also, I noticed: Motherboards don't come with VGA ports anymore??? I only see eSata, HDMI, and DVI nowadays. Eh, doesn't matter, I'm gettin' a new monitor soon anyway Razz
Saifallofjmr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, why does that matter? I'm gonna buy this and this will last me for a good year or two...

Because if you wait for sandy bridge or AM3+ (bulldozer) then in two years you can just buy a new CPU and be good for another 2 years instead of another motherboard and CPU

Gypsy++
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh
elpacco

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a PSU, that exact one actually. And I found an Optical Drive. lol I think you're talking about the previous Motherboard. This is the one I'm getting: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131648R 'Cause it has 6 RAM slots instead of four, and it looks better, and has better review (more features also).

Also, I noticed: Motherboards don't come with VGA ports anymore??? I only see eSata, HDMI, and DVI nowadays. Eh, doesn't matter, I'm gettin' a new monitor soon anyway :P
Either way, that one is open box too. Plus it's deactivated, meaning someone else already bought it (although it's probably going to be sent right back in about a week anyway). Not to mention it's the wrong socket, your CPU is socket 1366, and that mobo is 1156.

Also, VGA is outdated, so yeah you're not going to find a modern one that has a VGA port on it, however almost all of them come with adapters, which will work just fine. Besides, you're going to be using the port on your graphics card, not the motherboard.

Here, choose any one of these five motherboards.

@Saifallofjmr, an i7 isn't going to be outdated in four years anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

FangBanger wrote:
Shoot him.
Gypsy++
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpacco wrote:

Also, I noticed: Motherboards don't come with VGA ports anymore??? I only see eSata, HDMI, and DVI nowadays. Eh, doesn't matter, I'm gettin' a new monitor soon anyway Razz
Either way, that one is open box too. Plus it's deactivated, meaning someone else already bought it (although it's probably going to be sent right back in about a week anyway). Not to mention it's the wrong socket, your CPU is socket 1366, and that mobo is 1156.

Also, VGA is outdated, so yeah you're not going to find a modern one that has a VGA port on it, however almost all of them come with adapters, which will work just fine. Besides, you're going to be using the port on your graphics card, not the motherboard.

@Saifallofjmr, an i7 isn't going to be outdated in four years anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

Fucking shit, I though it was 1156 socket, oh well. Gotta find 'nother one then lol

Also, is eSata a display port? 'Cause I can't find any motherboards with an HDMI port, or a DVI.

Last edited by Gypsy++ on Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
elpacco

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpacco wrote:

Also, I noticed: Motherboards don't come with VGA ports anymore??? I only see eSata, HDMI, and DVI nowadays. Eh, doesn't matter, I'm gettin' a new monitor soon anyway :P

Fucking shit, I though it was 1156 socket, oh well. Gotta find 'nother one then lol
No no no no, use the 1366 i7. Trust me, there's a reason why there are four hundred mobos with 1366 and like ten for 1156. Even if there wasn't, that alone is enough reason to go with 1366 over 1156. Just pick one of the five motherboards I linked you to, all of them will work perfectly.

FangBanger wrote:
Shoot him.
Gypsy++
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpacco wrote:
elpacco wrote:

No no no no, use the 1366 i7. Trust me, there's a reason why there are four hundred mobos with 1366 and like ten for 1156. Even if there wasn't, that alone is enough reason to go with 1366 over 1156. Just pick one of the five motherboards I linked you to, all of them will work perfectly.

Wasn't gonna get a new cpu, a new motherboard.

Help me pick between these three.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131614
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130289
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131666

I'm gonna need new ram if I go with any of them, no overclock ram please.

Also, how do I hook up a monitor to one of these o.o no DVI, VGA, or HDMI???
elpacco

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, to be honest now I'm starting to get a little annoyed. I feel like you're reading the first sentence of every single one of my posts and assuming that I'm not saying anything of value in the rest of it.

Additionally, tell me right now why you chose to pick between those three. Two of them don't support DDR3 1600 without overclocking, which all of the RAM choices that have been pointed out have been. Seriously, what do you see in those three motherboards that made you decide to choose those three. Honestly, are you willing to get slower RAM in order to use a particular motherboard that you chose at random? Honestly, I hope you realize that motherboards don't have a "performance." When choosing a motherboard, you choose one that is compatible with all the other parts you picked out and supports all the features you want in it or think you might use in the future. Then, once you've narrowed it down, you pretty much choose the cheapest one that's by a manufacturer you can trust. A perfect example, straight from the five I've selected for you (due to their compatibility with the parts you are using), is this one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813188068
It's only $210, and it supports everything you're going to be using. Plus, it even supports triple SLI/XFire if you ever decide to get another graphics card or two.

Also, as for the video output, of course they won't have any, they don't have onboard video! And it wouldn't even matter if they had onboard video, because you're not using onboard video! That's why we picked out a graphics card! Honestly I'm starting to question whether you'll be able to put this thing together.

FangBanger wrote:
Shoot him.
Gypsy++
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpacco wrote:
Ok, to be honest now I'm starting to get a little annoyed. I feel like you're reading the first sentence of every single one of my posts and assuming that I'm not saying anything of value in the rest of it.

Additionally, tell me right now why you chose to pick between those three. Two of them don't support DDR3 1600 without overclocking, which all of the RAM choices that have been pointed out have been. Seriously, what do you see in those three motherboards that made you decide to choose those three. Honestly, are you willing to get slower RAM in order to use a particular motherboard that you chose at random? Honestly, I hope you realize that motherboards don't have a "performance." When choosing a motherboard, you choose one that is compatible with all the other parts you picked out and supports all the features you want in it or think you might use in the future. Then, once you've narrowed it down, you pretty much choose the cheapest one that's by a manufacturer you can trust. A perfect example, straight from the five I've selected for you (due to their compatibility with the parts you are using), is this one:
It's only $210, and it supports everything you're going to be using. Plus, it even supports triple SLI/XFire if you ever decide to get another graphics card or two.

Also, as for the video output, of course they won't have any, they don't have onboard video! And it wouldn't even matter if they had onboard video, because you're not using onboard video! That's why we picked out a graphics card! Honestly I'm starting to question whether you'll be able to put this thing together.

Okay, I'll get this motherboard. How are you gonna use a monitor without a DVI/VGA/HDMI port? Does that come with the graphics card? And the graphics card faces the back with a port? I honestly know nothing of video cards...
elpacco

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

elpacco wrote:

Okay, I'll get this motherboard. How are you gonna use a monitor without a DVI/VGA/HDMI port? Does that come with the graphics card? And the graphics card faces the back with a port?
The port is on the graphics card, yes.

FangBanger wrote:
Shoot him.
Gypsy++
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, sorry for my limited knowledge, I know it's frustrating. :/ Just keep in mind that I have no experience with hardware. This is gonna be my first build.

Also, about ordering. How long does it take for the package(s) to get to me?
elpacco

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, sorry for my limited knowledge, I know it's frustrating. :/ Just keep in mind that I have no experience with hardware. This is gonna be my first build.

Depends on what you select for shipping. I believe the default is like 6-7 business days or something.

It'll take about a day or two for it to go through processing (probably two because it's the holiday season), and then you'll get an email saying that your order has been successfully processed, and in that email there'll be a UPS tracking number which you can use to check the status of your order, which will give you the approximate location of the truck and an ETA.

Also, don't worry about it. If you're unsure about something, look up a tut online. There are hundreds of them and it's pretty easy to understand if you just follow the instructions.

FangBanger wrote:
Shoot him.
Gypsy++
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpacco wrote:

Depends on what you select for shipping. I believe the default is like 6-7 business days or something.

It'll take about a day or two for it to go through processing (probably two because it's the holiday season), and then you'll get an email saying that your order has been successfully processed, and in that email there'll be a UPS tracking number which you can use to check the status of your order, which will give you the approximate location of the truck and an ETA.

Also, don't worry about it. If you're unsure about something, look up a tut online. There are hundreds of them and it's pretty easy to understand if you just follow the instructions.

So, my build is pretty much done now, right?
elpacco

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, entirely. You've got a really nice computer heading your way.

FangBanger wrote:
Shoot him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: