Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Testing on animals for medical reasons
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haxory'
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:57 am    Post subject: Testing on animals for medical reasons Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oxxAQAKRtI
Watch that. Then read comments by "noratmedicine"

He/she has an incredibly biased opinion and spreads plain lies like:
Quote:
Cancer..."The history of cancer research has been a history of curing cancer in the mouse... We have cured mice of cancer for decades - and it simply didn't work in humans." Dr. Richard Klausner, as director of the US National Cancer Institute

Tell me if you want more truth.

curediseas.net

I personally think she should get hung from a tree but I tried conveying my opinion in a subtle way. See the reaction of 'pashqual' (me) and thumb it up if you agree, or don't. Entirely your call although I would appreciate it.

I also placed a comment on her profile:
Quote:
I dislike telling you this, but you have a highly biased view on things. Your heart is in the right spot but you're poorly informed. You tend to link to resources provided by animal protection agencies thus providing others with biased information making THEIR opinions biased. And that's where a line is crossed. Millions have been saved by animal testing. And I strongly dissaprove of testing on animals for make-up. For medication it's something entirely different. I admire your passion, but try seeing it from the other side. And feel free to message me if you disagree.

I hope she responds so that she can give me a piece of her mind. I'd love fucking her over in every single argument she puts forward.

On a side note:
I'd mess her up IRL.
AhMunRa

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plain and simple truth. Tell her animal drug testing will stop, if she volunteers to test the next wonder drug science has to offer.

No doubt she would sing a different tune if a loved one of hers was given a drug without knowing it's effects on living tissue due to lack of testing.

lucid
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that people on death row should become scientific lab rats. Fuck ethnics, and fuck them.
jonander50
Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

Mouses do not have consciousness, humans yes. The answer is obvious.
Up2Admin
I'm a spammer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shigan` wrote:
I think that people on death row should become scientific lab rats. Fuck ethnics, and fuck them.
This. They're gonna die anyway, why not make use of it?
If we're not testing on humans... then what the fuck else are we gonna do? Nothing? Just sit back and hope for the best? Stupid people. It's either animals or humans, testing needs to be done either way.

Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They do it on mice because there's plenty of them, and they reproduce quickly.
If we did it on anything else, everyone would go apeshit.
We really have no other options here. We can't test it on humans because of moral issues.
Give an alternative, and maybe things will happen.
SFP+
Comp. talk moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shigan` wrote:
Torturing people is too much.. Fuck ethnics? I'd rather we continued testing on animals than to use humans.
Jorg hi
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

**** I would be pissed if I was getting tested and my body got mutated and jacked up by a rich scientist in a suit that wont even test it on himself.

Same thing if I was a rat. Except it wouldn't be subconscious, just intuitive.
Simisage
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm completely for animal rights, but I bet you guys don't complain when you get some medicine when you're sick that was probably tested on animals.

Jorg hi
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben is a tease wrote:
I'm completely for animal rights, but I bet you guys don't complain when you get some medicine when you're sick that was probably tested on animals.

Lol hahaha you do know that they make the animals sick most of the time?
To0k
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:35 pm    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

GalaxyFrame wrote:
Shigan` wrote:
This. They're gonna die anyway, why not make use of it?
If we're not testing on humans... then what the fuck else are we gonna do? Nothing? Just sit back and hope for the best? Stupid people. It's either animals or humans, testing needs to be done either way.
You can volunteer to let them do tests on you.
You want shit to be tested on other people, but not on you?
gtfo.
AverageAzn247
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: Testing on animals for medical reasons Reply with quote

Haxory' wrote:

Quote:
Cancer..."The history of cancer research has been a history of curing cancer in the mouse... We have cured mice of cancer for decades - and it simply didn't work in humans." Dr. Richard Klausner, as director of the US National Cancer Institute

curediseas.net

I personally think she should get hung from a tree but I tried conveying my opinion in a subtle way. See the reaction of 'pashqual' (me) and thumb it up if you agree, or don't. Entirely your call although I would appreciate it.

Quote:
I dislike telling you this, but you have a highly biased view on things. Your heart is in the right spot but you're poorly informed. You tend to link to resources provided by animal protection agencies thus providing others with biased information making THEIR opinions biased. And that's where a line is crossed. Millions have been saved by animal testing. And I strongly dissaprove of testing on animals for make-up. For medication it's something entirely different. I admire your passion, but try seeing it from the other side. And feel free to message me if you disagree.

I hope she responds so that she can give me a piece of her mind. I'd love fucking her over in every single argument she puts forward.

On a side note:
I'd mess her up IRL.
U should ask her how many dog died in order to save blue babies. Also you can't fix stoopid.

Waxxup wrote:
What are Night Elves?
A girl group?
Haxory'

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 2:11 am    Post subject: Re: Testing on animals for medical reasons Reply with quote

AverageAzn247 wrote:
Haxory' wrote:

Quote:

curediseas.net

Quote:

On a side note:
I'd mess her up IRL.
U should ask her how many dog died in order to save blue babies. Also you can't fix stoopid.

Just bumping this. Elabourate please.
Also, I got this:

Quote:
"some life is more precious than others" why do you think you have the authority to make that statement? don't you find that extremely arrogant and selfish. the only reason you deem human life more important than a rat's is because YOU are a human. white people used to (and some still do) consider their lives and well-being more important than black people's purely because the black people weren't them. you're in exactly the same category.

And I replied

Quote:
@NormbrettaMod No, YOU are in this same category. You are comparing african american humans to animals. I hope you are joking here because that would be quite offensive!

I am a left wing open minded person that chooses for the greater good. But comparing racisism to being in favour of animal testing is plain stupid. It's a clear cut fallacy, a false comparison. Please reconsider your argument. I am always open for new ideas, so go ahead and try to persuade me Wink

I mean, are people fucking retarded.

AverageAzn247
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Testing on animals for medical reasons Reply with quote

Haxory' wrote:
AverageAzn247 wrote:
Haxory' wrote:

Quote:

curediseas.net

Quote:

On a side note:
I'd mess her up IRL.

I saying surgeons kill hundreds of dog and pig in order to perfect the techniques they use on humans. I mean who wants to the first patient of a surgeon with no experience. Its a necessary evil for us to kill in order to save. Look at nature everything has to kill something. Animals have to eat other animals to survive.

Also, I got this:

Quote:
"some life is more precious than others" why do you think you have the authority to make that statement? don't you find that extremely arrogant and selfish. the only reason you deem human life more important than a rat's is because YOU are a human. white people used to (and some still do) consider their lives and well-being more important than black people's purely because the black people weren't them. you're in exactly the same category.

Haxory' wrote:

And I replied

Quote:
@NormbrettaMod No, YOU are in this same category. You are comparing african american humans to animals. I hope you are joking here because that would be quite offensive!

I am a left wing open minded person that chooses for the greater good. But comparing racisism to being in favour of animal testing is plain stupid. It's a clear cut fallacy, a false comparison. Please reconsider your argument. I am always open for new ideas, so go ahead and try to persuade me Wink

Its a false comparison because we all know a rat has the intelligences and emotions of a human rite?

Waxxup wrote:
What are Night Elves?
A girl group?
Haxory'

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Testing on animals for medical reasons Reply with quote

AverageAzn247 wrote:
Haxory' wrote:
AverageAzn247 wrote:
Haxory' wrote:

Quote:

curediseas.net

Quote:

On a side note:
I'd mess her up IRL.

I saying surgeons kill hundreds of dog and pig in order to perfect the techniques they use on humans. I mean who wants to the first patient of a surgeon with no experience. Its a necessary evil for us to kill in order to save. Look at nature everything has to kill something. Animals have to eat other animals to survive.

Also, I got this:

Quote:

Haxory' wrote:

And I replied

Quote:

Its a false comparison because we all know a rat has the intelligences and emotions of a human rite?

Thanks

And just in detail BLUE babies?

Oh god, now he/she expect me to reply to this:

he/she sweared at me and i told her it was rude but that i respect her fanaticism towards this subject. She gives me this.

Quote:
I don't usually swear in debates with people over Youtube. But I'm not going to apologise. I'm not going to show respect to someone who believes an animal's suffering is justified if it means he doesn't die of cancer. Respect is earned, not given. And I should be more offended by the fact you hinted that I was a racist!

I'm not going to apologise but I'm sure you're mature enough to realise that a word is no more than a word and no offence should be taken by it.

Ever since humanity has risen above nature we've been spiralling out of control. We've enslaved it, we've destroyed it, we've killed it for sport and we've made it suffer just so our population can rocket even further out of control.

Here's a little hypothetical situation
If it came between a baby being tortured then killed for an ill man to recover or the ill man to die naturally, would it be fair to kill that baby just because it has no real understanding of death like the man does? As I said before (at least I think it was to you): a baby is equally as sentient and intelligent (and in cases, less intelligent) than many mammals. Do you believe that's justified then?

The problem with humans is that we're arrogant. Disease is nature's way of controlling population but we seem to believe we're better than nature so deserve to evade our fate. And it's this arrogance that has made our modern day population so out of control.

Slavery made a great contribution to modern Western civilisation and it likely could have never been so "great" without it. So would you say slavery was for the greater good?

I'd also like you to explain why human life is so much more precious than the life of day, a dog. They have a will to live just like we do and they feel pain very similarly (if not exactly the same) to us. So is it because they look different to us that they're less important? Or because they think differently? Or because they don't demand as much from life as we do? Or is there some other "justification"?

A lot of retards (not in the offensive sense) could be classed as equally intelligent to some animals so are their lives worth less than ours?

WAT SAY?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: