Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's a simple effective 3D rendering/modeling program?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Game Development -> 3D Modeling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
feilen
Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like blender, but I use 3ds max...
Blender is good for patching non-manifold objects for 3d printing though :3
Ind3siszive
Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive used softimage xsi for a couple of years, id reccomend that just because its what im used to
Member of the Year

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You actually might want to look at CB Model Pro.
It's super easy to use and renders pretty well.
Spartanis
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once used the good ole 3d Studo R4 (pre 3D Studio Max) and I had fun with it, for it was easy to learn and model for such a newbie likek myself.

But when 3D Studio Max was released.. i lost the plot.. and never went back to it again. Its UI is a complete mess

Years later, I discovered Blender 3D. Its Free and its Simple to use. Sure i have to relearn the UI as well as discovering Short Cut keys, but in no time, i was able to master the thing.

Course, BlenderFoundation released a new Version, which changed quite a bit. So i had to relearn where everything is but that didnt take me long.

So I would Recommended BLENDER 3D.. Its Free, its Simple, and it doesnt take up huge space on your hard drive. And the best part is? once you download it to a folder, you dont need to install it.. you just run it.. cos its cross platformed build!

Regarding Raytracing.. every 3d Model software as this feature. To build a foto realistic image, one has to

a) Model a high poly count model
b) place realistic Textures onto it
c) render using brilliant render softwares (buit in, or added into 3d Software), such as Ray Tracing, Luxrender and so on and so on.. there are many different types.

So, if you are a beginner to the 3d modeling world, Goo Blender. And if you managed to be a compelte master of it and wanted more, you can go to 3d Studio Max, or Maya. (me? im sticking wif Blender thankk you very much! lol)

Ps: Blender 3d has a built in GAME feature. Thats right,, you can create a very simple (or complex if you are good at Python Programming) 3d Game with it. and it can be stand alone executable too! (no need to have Blender 3d in order to play it)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Game Development -> 3D Modeling All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: