Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Tutorial] Cheat Engine tutorial, pointer scan with videos

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geri

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: [Tutorial] Cheat Engine tutorial, pointer scan with videos Reply with quote

Hi guys!

I have received lots of requests to make videos for the Cheat Engine tutorial, so I have added a Tutorial video page to the site where I host my other tutorials.

They are high quality videos, so anyone can clearly see the numbers, buttons, etc.

The last video also covers the usage of the pointer scanner.

Here is the link where You can find them:
http://www.szemelyesintegracio.hu/cheats/41-game-hacking-articles

If you are interested in any of my crappy articles/tutorials about CE and game hacking, you can find them here:

Don't request cheats or updates.
Freiza
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please make video for
Step 8: Multilevel pointers
And solve it using code injection method.
Geri

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there are a few written tutorials about it already. But solving step 8 with code injection is more like a simple challenge than a useful info, because in a game, You would just want to change the value itself (or preventing to change it) instead of tracking down the process how is it operating with pointers. If You just find out what writes to the address and change the value with mov, it is a perfect method to keep the value from changing or modify it Yourself. So basically if You want to change the value in a real game, step 7 about code injection is just fine.

These videos are mainly for beginners who need some visual guidance to learn how to use CE and see how to do a code injection etc. Posting special examples or other guidance was not my goal. There are 3 reasons why I wouldn't like to do this video.

1. It is not really helpful in real game's hacking, just a special example. However it may confuse other people and they may think that this is the way to hack games, when in reality, it is much more simple.

2. The site where I have these videos is not my site, I am allowed to use it because I have made it for a guy and in exchange I have an own Cheats section. This way I don't have to use some free webhosting or purchase and maintain a domain just for my crappy trainers. I wouldn't like to spam the site with full of videos and use all the hosting space.

3. I have made step 8 with the pointer scanner to show how is the pointer scanner working. I have introduced code injection in step 7 already. This way I have basically covered all of cheat engine's most widely used options. The purpose of these videos were to introduce cheat engine for beginners and I guess this has been achieved already. I don't plan to add videos about "how to hack this game" or "how to solve that issue" because it is a waste of time and (more importantly) hosting resources too. I wouldn't like to upload the videos to YouTube or any crappy free services on lower quality. It is better if anyone can download it from the site or simply click on it and see it in high quality.

If someone already know how to use CE itself, than following written tutorials shouldn't be a problem. If it is still a problem, than maybe game hacking is not really His strong point and He should find another hobby where He has more success. From some point, You have to learn Yourself and be creative instead of just watch and listen to others. The articles and videos were made for those who just want to jump in the action, get something done quickly and have a taste of success. In the meantime, they can decide if it was fun and continue to learn or just turn off the computer, go outside and do something else.

Of course if there are any questions, feel free to post them.

Cheers!
Geri

If you are interested in any of my crappy articles/tutorials about CE and game hacking, you can find them here:

Freiza
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there was nothing to fret about.
I know how to hack tutorial 8 through code injection.
it was just an request on behalf of all the beginner.
Geri

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I know You have discussed it in another topic, but I don't think this special challenge requires a video. From some point, even beginners have to start reading and using their minds instead of watching tutorial videos. In some cases, tutorial videos may help a lot. But in most cases, they will just show something, people will copy it without knowing what are they doing exactly. On the long run, watching tutorial videos all day will have a bad impact on developing their own skills. Videos will simply kill the creative mind. They have to learn, experiment and develop their own skills by doing things themselves. Taking away the creative part of the process is (in my opinion) the failure of the education method.

However I am open to a discussion about education methods in this matter (or in other matters too). Nothing is perfect and there is always room for improvements.

Cheers!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: