Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Marriage
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stylised
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:32 am    Post subject: Marriage Reply with quote

What are your opinions on it? People will inevitably fight and split up, so what's the point? I have listened to my parents fight too many times, and I am truly considering never being married.
C-Dizzle
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you are with someone for a long time you are certain to have arguments. My parents argue a reasonable amount but it has not put me off marriage. . If you love someone why would you not want to marry them?
Selrahc
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most people dont consider marriage as something thats (lack of a better word) "sacred" anymore. This is why in the 1950s people rarely got divorced; because it was much more important back then. Nowadays its looked at as something you do when you find someone and feel like having sex with them a lot or are just lonely and desperate. Although some people do honor marriage still.
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a piece of paper, that means nothing.

Giving your word that you will be faithful to the mate you have chosen means more than that piece of paper.

Personally, I have just celebrated my 15th wedding anniversary. I knew my wife exactly 30 days when we got married. We have our share of fights, but everyone will. You can never agree with each other all the time.

noko_112
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

Aint getting less sacred than this

http://www.cracked.com/blog/marriage-anyone-it-took-me-5-minutes-to-become-a-minister/
AhMunRa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Priceless. With the power vested in me, I Cookie Monster pronounce you man and wife, you may eat the cookie.
GG

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mum had one marriage, that then failed.

She then met my dad, had me and my two sisters without getting married, ditched him.

Now she is in another marriage. It appears to be falling apart.

Marriage doesn't mean anything.

Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's estimated that 50 percent of marriages end in divorce, giving us a glass half full situation. Personally, I like the idea of marriage, because it's binding two people together who want to spend the rest of their lives together. Sure, people fight, the same way you can get into arguments with your friends, people disagree, it's a fact of life. That shouldn't scare you away from marriage, some people, like your parents, fight a lot, but that's not how a majority of couples are. Most just have little arguments here and there that they eventually resolve.
:^(
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shot wrote:
AhMunRa wrote:

Giving your word that you will be faithful to the mate you have chosen means more than that piece of paper.

Personally, I have just celebrated my 15th wedding anniversary. I knew my wife exactly 30 days when we got married. We have our share of fights, but everyone will. You can never agree with each other all the time.

And I bet she regrets it, Shot.

I've already informed my girlfriend I fully intend to propose once we're older and done post-secondary education. I think marriage itself is wonderful. What modern day society has done to its reputation, however, is disgusting.

Selrahc
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalton. wrote:
Shot wrote:
AhMunRa wrote:

And I bet she regrets it, Shot.

I've already informed my girlfriend I fully intend to propose once we're older and done post-secondary education. I think marriage itself is wonderful. What modern day society has done to its reputation, however, is disgusting.

This is basically what I was trying to say.

Master Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To some, marriage is no big thing. I've come to believe (though I may be wrong) that this is the reason it isn't very important anymore. Divorce is way too common, as is cheating. Yes there are fights, but they are necessary. They keep a balance in the relationship because no one (well at least no one I've seen can) can keep a relationship/marriage without any kinds of arguments.

MC
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biblical foundations of Marriage
Christians believe that marriage is considered in its ideal according to the purpose of God. At the heart of God's design for marriage is companionship and intimacy. According to Genesis, marriage was instituted by God in the Garden of Eden.

The Lord God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him"...and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man's ribs and closed up the place with flesh. Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib or "side" he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. The man said, "This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called 'woman,' for she was taken out of man." For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.

– Genesis 2:18,21-24

The biblical picture of marriage expands into something much broader, with the husband and wife relationship illustrating the relationship between Christ and the church.

It is also considered in its actual occurrence, sometimes involving failure. Therefore, the Bible speaks on the subject of divorce. The New Testament recognizes a place for singleness. Salvation within Christianity is not dependent on the continuation of a biological lineage.

Views of Protestant Christians on the Purpose of Marriage
Essentially all Protestant denominations hold marriage to be ordained by God for the union between a man and a woman. They see the primary purpose of this union to be to glorify God by demonstrating his love to the world. Other purposes of marriage include intimate companionship, rearing children and mutual support for both husband and wife to fulfill their life callings. Protestants generally approve of birth control and consider marital sexual pleasure to be a gift of God. While condoning divorce only under limited circumstances, most Protestant churches allow for divorce and remarriage.

...and all of which I personally and honestly believe in.
DKMikey
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:45 am    Post subject: Re: Marriage Reply with quote

Stylised wrote:
People will inevitably fight and split up, so what's the point?

Couples always fight, but not all of them opt to separate or go for a divorce. My parents fight sometimes, but they always end up happy (and never think about separation). If you could find a person that you're willing to spend your life with despite their flaws and they're willing to spend their life with you, considering marriage is an option.

Phox
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaz wrote:
Most people dont consider marriage as something thats (lack of a better word) "sacred" anymore. This is why in the 1950s people rarely got divorced; because it was much more important back then. Nowadays its looked at as something you do when you find someone and feel like having sex with them a lot or are just lonely and desperate. Although some people do honor marriage still.

This is true. According to my Dad, "When I was a kid, people didn't get divorced even if they were miserable and hated each other. Now, people get divorced even if they're happy and love each other". Since, as you say, marriage isn't sacred anymore, if someone hates their spouse for about 5 minutes because of a stupid argument, they can just hold a grudge and get divorced because nobody cares.
kls85
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heard this crazy idea from some where (TV or was it in a newspaper but forgot).

Marriage is connected through a "contract" aka marriage certificate and that certificates never expires so if some couple wants to get divorce, one has to show good reasons why his/her spouse isn't good for them. A stupid excuse like "he never puts down the toilet seat" is not enough. But getting a divorce isn't that easy as the other person must agree to do so or else the divorce won't get through.

The crazy idea is marriage certificates has a expiration date, in which the couple has to renew by paying a fee which last for a limited period of time (lets say 3 years). If the couple loves each other and their certificate is about to expire, they pay a renewal fee and their marriage is still in affect. If they don't love each other they don't need to pay the fee and once it's up their automatically divorced.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: