Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dark Matter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clannad
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: Dark Matter Reply with quote

Apparently taking up 80% of the matter in the universe? Do you believe it exists? I recently started reading about it after I overheard a conversation at Burger King while enjoying my whopper.

Dark matter is not only undetectable, even by scattered electromagnetic radiation, but by definition, it is apparently transparent as well. I slightly believe such matter exists, but I'm still reading on it, opinions?
AhMunRa
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same with nutrinos, they pass through solid matter daily, we can't see it or feel it, but they are there.
Monkeys
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on your definition of "seeing".

I believe Dark Matter is a place holder for a yet to be discovered anomaly in the equations.

or he's gonna feed all night.
Clannad
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkeys wrote:

I believe Dark Matter is a place holder for a yet to be discovered anomaly in the equations.

Isn't it just theoretical mathematics?
Ricardo
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:22 am    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

Clannad wrote:
Monkeys wrote:

Well theoretical mathematics is used not to just make mathematicians jizz in their nerd pants but to do things that physics can't do.

Like the string theory has to do with such small numbers that you can't see them with any microscope today. That's where theoretical mathematics comes in.

Same with dark matter. Since we can't detect it, we compensate with theoretical mathematics.

Also, I'm sure it exists because something has to pull the universe apart.

What are your views on Dark energy btw?
Clannad
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ricardo wrote:
Clannad wrote:
Monkeys wrote:

Well theoretical mathematics is used not to just make mathematicians jizz in their nerd pants but to do things that physics can't do.

Like the string theory has to do with such small numbers that you can't see them with any microscope today. That's where theoretical mathematics comes in.

Same with dark matter. Since we can't detect it, we compensate with theoretical mathematics.

Also, I'm sure it exists because something has to pull the universe apart.

What are your views on Dark energy btw?

I do believe it exists, because what would take up all the mass in space? I believe that this theory had been first introduced by Fritz Zwicky on 1934 as evidence for the "Missing Mass". They say that it had been observed that dark matter existed in the rotational speeds of galaxies, as well as the gravitational lensing of background objects by galaxy clusters like the bullet cluster. Which is basically 2 clusters of galaxies colliding amongst each other. It is said that it showed the greatest presence of dark matter.
TheBlackDog
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the point of it? I'm not quite understanding.
Clannad
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBlackDog wrote:
What's the point of it? I'm not quite understanding.

It is matter that is unable to be seen or detected by its emitted radiation. But its presence is inferred or hinted from gravitational effects. By definition, dark matter is utterly transparent. Dark matter also takes up 80% of the matter in the universe, as ordinary matter, only takes up 20%.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_matter that might help clear things up.
Clannad
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(S)o/x/ wrote:
I hate how you guys are always making topics about scientific theories and talking about them like they're some sorts of religious beliefs.

Your opinion must be God. If you don't give a damn about whatever we're talking about, then get out of here. Just because we're interested in the topic, doesn't mean we're treating them like religious beliefs.
Phox
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

Clannad wrote:
(S)o/x/ wrote:
I hate how you guys are always making topics about scientific theories and talking about them like they're some sorts of religious beliefs.

Your opinion must be God. If you don't give a damn about whatever we're talking about, then get out of here. Just because we're interested in the topic, doesn't mean we're treating them like religious beliefs.

You misunderstood the point I was trying to get across.

All of you talk about these subjects like you're the veritable experts when none of you have a clue what you're talking about. A lot of this stuff isn't stuff that you believe in, it's stuff you have an opinion on. God is something you believe in. Dark matter is something you have an opinion on. You all just sound so retarded talking about what theories you "believe in".

On top of that, there's just so much bullshit in these threads, especially this one. All of you, dark matter isn't as simple as being "scattered by electromagnetic radiation" or being "transparent". If you want to make an educated post on these types of things, listen to a couple hours of lectures and read a dozen books on the subject. Otherwise, don't come here and either make shit up, or give a vague expression of something you heard once about what the topic ("scattered by electromagnetic radiation" my dick).

And "My opinion must be God"? Someones "opinion being God"? While you're at the library, read a fucking book on religion, too.
hcavolsdsadgadsg
I'm a spammer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relax meng.
Clannad
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slovach wrote:
Relax meng.

Agreed. I was just discussing dark matter, and he just comes flaming out of no where.
Ricardo
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(S)o/x/ wrote:
Clannad wrote:
(S)o/x/ wrote:

You misunderstood the point I was trying to get across.

All of you talk about these subjects like you're the veritable experts when none of you have a clue what you're talking about. A lot of this stuff isn't stuff that you believe in, it's stuff you have an opinion on. God is something you believe in. Dark matter is something you have an opinion on. You all just sound so retarded talking about what theories you "believe in".

On top of that, there's just so much bullshit in these threads, especially this one. All of you, dark matter isn't as simple as being "scattered by electromagnetic radiation" or being "transparent". If you want to make an educated post on these types of things, listen to a couple hours of lectures and read a dozen books on the subject. Otherwise, don't come here and either make shit up, or give a vague expression of something you heard once about what the topic ("scattered by electromagnetic radiation" my dick).

And "My opinion must be God"? Someones "opinion being God"? While you're at the library, read a fucking book on religion, too.

You're flaming.

Also I am not an expert, yes. But I do read up on the topic and that doesn't make me an expert but I'm free to talk about it. Why are you so butthurt people want to talk about something like this? Calm down.

I did see a couple of hours' worth of lectures on both dark matter and the string theory. What's your point genius? You must think you're a real badass coming into this thread and saying "O shit you guys aren't professors"

Fuck out of here, chump. You're just trying to hide the fact you want a flame war by adding some bullshit sentences to it to make a paragraph.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: