Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do you believe in aliens?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
C-Dizzle
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:40 am    Post subject: Do you believe in aliens? Reply with quote

Straight forward question, Do you believe in them? If you do you think they have visited us in the past or are visiting us now?
I think that there are aliens (The universe is massive so to think we are the only intelligent life would be silly) But I really don't think they have visited earth.
Scientists have found fossilized bacteria on mars so whats stopping it from being scattered across the universe?
Aids
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If by "Aliens" you mean "Other lifeforms in the universe" then yes.

But I don't believe in that bullshit 3 finger blue skinned thing
Ricardo
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.cracked.com/article_18690_5-ufo-sightings-that-even-non-crazy-people-find-creepy.html

^this shit creeped me the fuck out. Especially number 1.

But to answer the question straightforwardly, no I don't think we'll be visited anytime in the future.

There's too many factors involved to make that possible.

1) conditions suitable for life

you all know this.

2) space travel

When in outer space, the human (and aliens probably aren't that special) body deteriorates and atrophies. The moment it lands back on Earth, tons of astronauts have hard time adjusting.

3) differences between planets.

say the aliens are fine on their planet that's 3 times smaller than ours.

The moment they come here, the gravity alone will kill them.
AhMunRa
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

Yes I think there is other life out in the universe. To believe that we are the only intelligent life is very short sighted.

It is thought that we didn't actually evolve on this planet. We were put here. Seems plausible but unlikely. The major idea for this is dinosaur extinction and the missing link. Personally I don't think we were put here.

With every star in the sky you see being a sun, there has to be a multitude of life out there, it may not be life as we know and have observed here on earth, but there is life nonetheless.

We know several facts just from studying our own solar system and planets. For the most part the universe will be made up of the same compounds. Granted there may be elements in the universe that are completely alien to us, but it would be a safe bet that most of the elements common to our planet will be fairly common elsewhere.

We know that bacteria can grow deep underwater at high pressures near volcanic fissures. Io could possibly have bacterial life on it. We are currently seeing evidence there of volcanic activity due to the close ellipsical orbit it has.

As far as life traveling to other planets, I doubt that. Cosmic radiation, long periods of space flight, I think prevent interplanetary travel. The human body is not designed to be weightless, we are adapted to this planet, as alien life would be specifically suited to life on their home planet.

The biggest hurdle for alien life visiting other planets, no doubt would be that they have the technology to do so, but with that technology also comes the ability to destroy the whole of their race. Currently we have atomic power, essentially the ability to kill our planet if we wanted, and this is atomic. No doubt by power standards and by physics standards we are in our technological infancy. So the problem for alien life would be more one of survival, possibly exploring looking for new places to inhabit. If this were true you would not send a manned mission and no doubt the length of time it takes to travel between solar systems means this would most likely not happen as your race could be extinct before you probe reached a habitable planet.

For me, I believe due to the fact of human technological evolution. The materials, the math, have not been any different for the last several hundred thousand years. Yet, only in the last 100 have we advanced more than in the whole of our history, how do we account for this? You could say it's all about the inventors, while true it's also false. Look at what Da Vinci designed in his lifetime. Robots, parachutes, gliders. Things really took off for us when we learned to forge tools, yet still for nearly 75 years of the industrial revolution technology stagnated. Television in it's short lived life has gone from a 3 foot box with a 6 inch screen that was black and white to tubeless flat screens in 3-d. Computers that took whole buildings weren't as powerful as most wrist watches today. Granted most of our electronic devices we have due to the microchip, and microprocessors, but the fact remains that they took an extremely long time to develop.

So yes I think there is life out there. Whether they are here studying us, or cruising around the universe, I don't know. I think another possibility of what people are seeing, could be us. Us from the future, much like school kids go to the museum on a field trip, they possibly go back in time to observe how their primitive ancestors lived.

Ricardo
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AhMunRa wrote:
Io could possibly have bacterial life on it. We are currently seeing evidence there of volcanic activity due to the close ellipsical orbit it has.

What makes you think that? From what I've read the highest possibility for an inhabited moon in Jupiter is Europa.

Io is actually going to get torn apart by Jupiter's magnetic field sometime soon. On top of that it is exposed to extreme levels of radiation since it's in the ionosphere of Jupiter.
Jorg hi
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The truth is, the smartest scientist can only understand the universe to the level a chimpanzee can understand quantum physics.
Ricardo
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorghi wrote:
The truth is, the smartest scientist can only understand the universe to the level a chimpanzee can understand quantum physics.

Truth is, that does not answer OP's question.

Why are all your posts like this? Confused
Noz3001
I'm a spammer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truth is, get back on topic.
C-Dizzle
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is also the idea (Ridiculous in my opinion) That aliens have bread and some of the most powerful people in history were part alien (Akhenaton for example) Do people honestly think that 1. Aliens that have traveled across the universe would breed with us and 2. It would be successful (We can't breed with any other species as far as I know)
Ricardo
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dialgar wrote:
There is also the idea (Ridiculous in my opinion) That aliens have bread and some of the most powerful people in history were part alien (Akhenaton for example) Do people honestly think that 1. Aliens that have traveled across the universe would breed with us and 2. It would be successful (We can't breed with any other species as far as I know)

Fact number two undermines the entire theory. But again, there's no end to the stupid theories people have.

There are just a lot of really stupid people in the world that make shit up.

There's an actual group of people convinced that all politicians are lizard people. I said it, lizard people.
C-Dizzle
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ricardo wrote:
Dialgar wrote:

Fact number two undermines the entire theory. But again, there's no end to the stupid theories people have.

There are just a lot of really stupid people in the world that make shit up.

There's an actual group of people convinced that all politicians are lizard people. I said it, lizard people.

David Icke. I remember my friend mentioned a ton of his stuff a while back, that dude is crazy.
AhMunRa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ricardo wrote:
AhMunRa wrote:
Io could possibly have bacterial life on it. We are currently seeing evidence there of volcanic activity due to the close ellipsical orbit it has.

What makes you think that? From what I've read the highest possibility for an inhabited moon in Jupiter is Europa.

Io is actually going to get torn apart by Jupiter's magnetic field sometime soon. On top of that it is exposed to extreme levels of radiation since it's in the ionosphere of Jupiter.

Io could support life near volcanic fissures. We know that Io though an ice planet has active volcanoes due to the fact we can see the ejecta from the eruptions. These eruptions are due to it's ellipsical orbit around Jupiter. When it gets close it gets scruntched up, when it starts to move away from Jupiter it rounds back out. The effect is similar to what happens to a rubber ball when it hits something, it gets displaced and goes elongated. This compression and then expansion is causing the core of Io to create friction which melts rock and causes volanic activity.

As far as Europa goes it probably is the most likely candidate. As for life in general, I was sticking with what we know here on earth.

I've also heard about the political lizard people as well. Too funny.

As far as interbreeding goes, I don't think it would happen. Many species on earth can interbreed and produce offspring but usually the offspring are damaged genetically.

Horse and a donkey. You get a mule, which are usually born sterile, the females are sometimes fertile but all the males are always sterile.

Ricardo
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AhMunRa wrote:
Ricardo wrote:
AhMunRa wrote:

Io could support life near volcanic fissures. We know that Io though an ice planet has active volcanoes due to the fact we can see the ejecta from the eruptions. These eruptions are due to it's ellipsical orbit around Jupiter. When it gets close it gets scruntched up, when it starts to move away from Jupiter it rounds back out. The effect is similar to what happens to a rubber ball when it hits something, it gets displaced and goes elongated. This compression and then expansion is causing the core of Io to create friction which melts rock and causes volanic activity.

As far as Europa goes it probably is the most likely candidate. As for life in general, I was sticking with what we know here on earth.

I've also heard about the political lizard people as well. Too funny.

As far as interbreeding goes, I don't think it would happen. Many species on earth can interbreed and produce offspring but usually the offspring are damaged genetically.

Horse and a donkey. You get a mule, which are usually born sterile, the females are sometimes fertile but all the males are always sterile.

Well if we're going by "near a certain spot" theories, then Mars is also a candidate for bearing life. The only problem in mars is the lack of a magnetic field and that actually still exists at some points. Just very very very unlikely.
AhMunRa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are those that think we originated from Mars too.
Noodlez
<3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I daze off sometimes for hpurs thinking about that
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: