Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

P6TD Replacment

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zaczac
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: P6TD Replacment Reply with quote

I recently sent my motherboard back to the store i bought it from because one of the memory slots died and they said I could either get the same motherboard back new (P6TD Deluxe) or pick another board and pay the difference. So basically I have 285$ from the old motherboard to spend on a new one. Question is should I get the same motherboard or is there better ones with similar cost (+\-50$). The only ones I have looked at so far are the Asus P6X58D and Asus P6X58D-E.
Hero
I'm a spammer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, get a rampage II. It says quad sli on the board you bought but it only has 3 lanes. Searched it up at newegg. Anyway a rampage 2 would have sli and looks liek it has as many usbs and ram lanes.
kls85
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hero wrote:
Honestly, get a rampage II. It says quad sli on the board you bought but it only has 3 lanes. Searched it up at newegg. Anyway a rampage 2 would have sli and looks liek it has as many usbs and ram lanes.

Seriously the ROG series from Asus is nothing more than a marketing gimmick and its targeted towards competitive overclockers and who lack self confidence.

Are you going to use them voltage probe build into the board? Most likely not. And it cost $349 (Rampage II Gene $209-MicroATX) which is a lot more than OP's original price.

@OP
The P6X58D don't exist (according to Asus's site), it's P6X58D Premium

Out of the 2, go with the P6X58-E unless you want dual lan then get the Premium.

I'm a spammer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kls85 wrote:
Hero wrote:

Seriously the ROG series from Asus is nothing more than a marketing gimmick and its targeted towards competitive overclockers and who lack self confidence.

Are you going to use them voltage probe build into the board? Most likely not. And it cost $349 (Rampage II Gene $209-MicroATX) which is a lot more than OP's original price.

@OP
The P6X58D don't exist (according to Asus's site), it's P6X58D Premium

Out of the 2, go with the P6X58-E unless you want dual lan then get the Premium.
I'm not sure what country you live in, but its $209
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131371&cm_re=asus_ramepage-_-13-131-371-_-Product

The difference of 1 pcie lane. Not sure where you get the 349 from as I never implied the more expensive board.
kls85
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must have reading difficulties...

Also do you think OP will sacrifice for his original board which is a ATX to that of a MicroATX?

If you have a ATX board, will you go to a MicroATX board?

Rampage II Gene vs P6X58D-E

-PCIe
RII= 2x PCIe x16/1x PCIe x4 (open?)
p6x= 3x PCIe x16/ 1x PCIe x1

-PCI
RII= 1x PCI
p6x= 2x PCI

SATA:
RII= 7x SATA 3Gb/s
p6x= 6x SATA 3Gb/s, 2x SATA 6Gb/s

USB:
RII= 6x USB 2.0
p6X= 4x USB 2.0/ 2x USB 3.0

I'm a spammer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kls85 wrote:
You must have reading difficulties...

Also do you think OP will sacrifice for his original board which is a ATX to that of a MicroATX?

If you have a ATX board, will you go to a MicroATX board?

Rampage II Gene vs P6X58D-E

-PCIe
RII= 2x PCIe x16/1x PCIe x4 (open?)
p6x= 3x PCIe x16/ 1x PCIe x1

-PCI
RII= 1x PCI
p6x= 2x PCI

SATA:
RII= 7x SATA 3Gb/s
p6x= 6x SATA 3Gb/s, 2x SATA 6Gb/s

USB:
RII= 6x USB 2.0
p6X= 4x USB 2.0/ 2x USB 3.0
Yea....the board odel he posted has tri sli. I don't even know what you are getting at. zi said the cheaper rampage has 1 less pcie lane. But since you can read,you know that.

Anyway, get this then http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130275&cm_re=MSI_870A-G54_Motherboard-_-13-130-275-_-Product

I honestly do not know what you are trying to get at kls, but I'm pretty sure no one cares.
kls85
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hero wrote:
Yea....the board odel he posted has tri sli. I don't even know what you are getting at. zi said the cheaper rampage has 1 less pcie lane. But since you can read,you know that.

Anyway, get this then http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130275&cm_re=MSI_870A-G54_Motherboard-_-13-130-275-_-Product

I honestly do not know what you are trying to get at kls, but I'm pretty sure no one cares.

Use the proper term:

A lane is the number of electrical lines assigned to a PCIe slot.
What your talking about is the Rampage II Gene has 1 less PCIe x16 slot than the other boards, not "1 less lane".

Both use the Intel X58 chipset which has a total of 36 PCIe lanes

The Rampage consist of 2x PCIe x16 slots running at x16 and a 1x PCIe x4 slot running at x4.

x16+x16=32 lanes + x4= 4 lanes totals to 36 PCIe lanes

The other board P6X58D-E does not used up all of it though

Configuration #1
x16/x8/x8 = 32 + x1 = 33 out of 36

Configuration #2
x16/x16/x1 + x1 = 34 out of 36

If tri-SLI needs to run at all full x16 then a nForce 200 chip is needed as is brings additional 36lanes to the mix.

Intel X58+Nf200 = 72 PCIe lanes
x16/x16/x16= 48 PCIe lanes used out of 72 total.

And why would you go ahead and pick a AMD board, if OP has a Intel Core i7?

As to where I'm getting at, it's better get a larger board as you can add more components in the future due more slots on the motherboard.

I'm a spammer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kls85 wrote:
Hero wrote:

Use the proper term:

A lane is the number of electrical lines assigned to a PCIe slot.
What your talking about is the Rampage II Gene has 1 less PCIe x16 slot than the other boards, not "1 less lane".

Both use the Intel X58 chipset which has a total of 36 PCIe lanes

The Rampage consist of 2x PCIe x16 slots running at x16 and a 1x PCIe x4 slot running at x4.

x16+x16=32 lanes + x4= 4 lanes totals to 36 PCIe lanes

The other board P6X58D-E does not used up all of it though

Configuration #1
x16/x8/x8 = 32 + x1 = 33 out of 36

Configuration #2
x16/x16/x1 + x1 = 34 out of 36

If tri-SLI needs to run at all full x16 then a nForce 200 chip is needed as is brings additional 36lanes to the mix.

Intel X58+Nf200 = 72 PCIe lanes
x16/x16/x16= 48 PCIe lanes used out of 72 total.

And why would you go ahead and pick a AMD board, if OP has a Intel Core i7?

As to where I'm getting at, it's better get a larger board as you can add more components in the future due more slots on the motherboard.
Because I didn't bother to look. It has a i7 socket counter part. Chill the fuck out. You might break a nail.
Saifallofjmr
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No actually Hero you "bother to look" means you are picking out of personal opinion that might cause him to lose his full potential out of his computer. Secondly, looking at the board he originally had tbh its pretty damn perfect just jump to the ASUS P6X58D-E LGA 1366, it has usb 3.0 and sata 6gb already. So Hero really research or know your stuff before you post low quality material here.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131641

Aids
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woh Saifallofmr, that link you just posted is the exact same motherboard I bought for myself a few weeks ago. It's really, really good. I don't see the use for the USB3 shit, though it is the best motherboard I've ever bought.

And that is ontopic. Personal experience, great mboard.
kls85
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:33 pm    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

Hero wrote:

Because I didn't bother to look. It has a i7 socket counter part. Chill the fuck out. You might break a nail.

My system is currently using a Asus ROG board, the Rampage Formula to be exact. I've went with this board is because I wanted performance without Asus crippling on it.

It has a x48chipset with 2x PCIe x16 both running at full speed.
The cost of this during that time was $300 and there was another one $20 bucks cheaper The Asus P5E Deluxe which is also a Rampage Formula minus the onboard power/reset switches and nice coloring scheme and fancy heatsink.

As of now I still don't see the benefit other than being expensive and a major bling factor as it's got led almost everywhere. Why I picked this than the other one is because I fell into the ROG hype and for that cool onboard power switch other board standard boards don't have.

These days almost all high-end model boards will have it thus why Asus change the designed of it on the ROG boards and added tons of useless features the average person will never use along with a expensive price to boot.

And from my experience with it, ROG boards are not worth their value as you get little in return.

So do not tell others to "chill the fuck out" when you can't even list the benefits to that shitty ROG board you picked and your idiotic comments proves my point on what Asus ROG really target at besides competitive overclockers.

Last edited by kls85 on Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:00 am; edited 2 times in total
Hero
I'm a spammer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope I really did not look. Just linked a board that looked nice. Didn't even bother to put in the socket type on the search. Umad?
zaczac
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess ill get the P6X58D-E possibly the premium.. Although i dont like the spacing for the pci slots, got 2 5970s and those gaps looks small :\
thanks for your help Very Happy
Saifallofjmr
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not mad just sad. But yeah I mean sata 6 and usb 3 for future proofing yo'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: