Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Memory Scanner
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General programming -> Binaries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iPromise
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:38 pm    Post subject: Memory Scanner Reply with quote

Hey guys,

Well in the past my previous work was shit and didn't work, ha. This is going to stay as the same thread for my new upgrades / updates so that means I won't keep making seperate topics for each new version upgrade. Also, i've learned a lot so i'm at the moment adding an AOB (Array of Bytes) scan and also a Pointer-scanner.

Current Features

Code:

- 'Exact Scan' for Byte, 2 Bytes, 4 Bytes, 8 Bytes
- Gives you information on the address (static or dynamic + info)
- Read, Write, Freeze
- Loader, no need for an injector.

Download

Version 1.0: http://www.mediafire.com/?dz0whnyynnj
Slugsnack
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your injector is painfully small and does not work. attempted to inject to msn and nothing came up. this does not work either.. perhaps you should test your stuff before releasing. i'm quite sure i've said that to you in the past already..
iPromise
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, it works 'bud, test on my PC and 3 other PC's. Make sure you have the latest redristutable of Visual C++. Also, try to Run As Administator, if nothing happens, I did forgot to add token priviledges.
Slugsnack

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have the 2010 redist. you have to run as admin then it makes a window. the GUI looks stupid. idk what you did with the buttons but that was a bad move. i'm guessing sunken style, client edge, etc..

tried scanning for 0 as a byte value with 'fast scan'. scanner freezes up and goes to 'not responding'. waited about a minute, still nothing. this is a pretty fast machine, 8 cores with windows rating of 7.3 for processor + memory.

yep, this is a case of take it back to the garage and try again.
iPromise
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

0 takes some time, its actually scanning but there are so many addresses which has 0 bytes. Try scanning for 1, etc. Other then that, I got many addresses from my program, so to me its very useful and isn't considered garbage.
Slugsnack

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garbage goes in trash can. cars and failed hobbyist projects go in the garage. i'm not gonna test it any further since as far as i'm concerned, if the user can make your program freeze/not respond/crash and you give them no indication that there is some sort of progress going on, then it's a failed project. this includes me giving garbage input and your program not sanitizing it and crashing because of that.

here's a tip. don't do your scanning while handling a windows message. what i suspect you are doing right now is to just handle the wm_command sent by the button then scanning right there. instead call a function which creates a bunch of worker threads which concurrently scan different regions of the memory. to make it even more snazzier, after your scheduler is done allocating worker threads, make it start a progress bar.
iPromise
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess your comment goes in the garbage as well Smile

I already do that, and BTW forum, whats faster?

Reading the whole memory region with memcpy() and then comparing each byte or comparing each byte by each address as you go along.
hcavolsdsadgadsg
I'm a spammer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moving to binaries.
Slugsnack

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, you're right. my post is definitely classified as a car or failed hobbyist project. evidently, c++ is not the only language you need to brush up on.

and you clearly don't already do that. ollydbg does not lie. read whole memory region. although it's completely pointless either way since you're using an injected dll, there is no need to copy anything. you can just read it directly from where it is. doesn't matter though. since it's pointless it will keep perfect consistency with the rest of your project.
hcavolsdsadgadsg
I'm a spammer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this does nothing for me either, nothing comes up and it provides no meaningful info as to why.
iPromise
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm trying to add a text-string value scan, but I rarely understood how it works, so we are sopposed to compare each text string size right?

Last edited by iPromise on Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Slugsnack

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slovach : run as admin it

ipromise : go get your eyes checked out. i already told you which one was faster.

Slugsnack wrote:
yes, you're right. my post is definitely classified as a car or failed hobbyist project. evidently, c++ is not the only language you need to brush up on.

and you clearly don't already do that. ollydbg does not lie. read whole memory region. although it's completely pointless either way since you're using an injected dll, there is no need to copy anything. you can just read it directly from where it is. doesn't matter though. since it's pointless it will keep perfect consistency with the rest of your project.
oib111
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It freezes on small values (0,1,2,3, etc...). But I tested it with some larger, and more arbitrary values, and it seemed to do just fine. I'll agree with Slugsnack though, you may want to fix the buttons.

8D wrote:

cigs dont make people high, which weed does, which causes them to do bad stuff. like killing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
zile
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPromise wrote:
Hmm trying to add a text-string value scan, but I rarely understood how it works, so we are sopposed to compare each text string size right?

i did this with my aob scanner, as i dont know how it works, i just get the text input, convert them to bytes ( like an aob ) , and then scan for it as an aob, works fine.

and if u didnt change your scanthreads(/functions?), im getting less results than in ce
Slugsnack

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not necessary. as you were told many times in your other thread you can do a strcmp and the null terminators indicate the end of string.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General programming -> Binaries All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: