Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do you think that the Core 2 chips and LGA 775 are obsolete?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phox
I post too much

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: Do you think that the Core 2 chips and LGA 775 are obsolete? Reply with quote

Discuss here. I think that while the Core 2 Quads (not so much the C2Ds) give just as good of a bang to the buck as newer intel processors, it's really hard to find a good motherboard with LGA 775.
Hero
I'm a spammer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. They are limited to upgrade, but then again, not really. Seems like Intel makes a new socket every time they make a new series, so technically every socket that doesn't run an i7 is obsolete.
kls85
I post too much

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Socket 775 still has life in it since the current new Intel sockets are too expensive for the budget buyers.

For a cheap decent system (not bleeding edge) go with a socket 775, you get plenty of cheap CPUs and boards to choose from.
If your getting a quad, go with the newer socket instead.

I'm a spammer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kls85 wrote:
Socket 775 still has life in it since the current new Intel sockets are too expensive for the budget buyers.

For a cheap decent system (not bleeding edge) go with a socket 775, you get plenty of cheap CPUs and boards to choose from.
Is this to say core 2 quads are garbage?
kls85
I post too much

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hero wrote:
kls85 wrote:

Is this to say core 2 quads are garbage?

My system is still running on a socket 775 along with a quad core CPU (X3350) and got that for 3+ years ago. For users getting a brand new system, it's better off they invest in a newer socket if they are planning to go with a quad as it has new features and higher upgrade path.

Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For upgrading from Core2duo > quad. Nope
For a complete new system. Damn you just went full retarded.
Also, sometimes large retailer offers B&M deals with leftover that's fucking cheap, ($100 for ep45 ud3p+e7500,$150forq6600, etc)
Still not going to jump from my 775 yet, as i'm waiting for new Intel line-up next year, or better AMD lineup that's more power efficient.

Officially gay.
kls85
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:45 am    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

If I we're to get a brand new high-end system why would I spend my hard earn money on old stuffs while I can spend a few hundred more on the most current technology without breaking my bank?

Besides I don't scavenge hunt like you do and running all over the place for the sake of saving a few dollars.

BTW: the Q6600 is by far one of the best CPUs, but it's damn fucking old and to get a brand new system on that is "fully retarded"!

Smile

How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great to me, but only if you don't think you'll need a better one. It's all about what you want to run. I have a Pentium 4 and it works fine for what I do on my computer.
DarkEnvy
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Gone wrote:
Sounds great to me, but only if you don't think you'll need a better one. It's all about what you want to run. I have a Pentium 4 and it works fine for what I do on my computer.

Same thing. Im running my AMD Athlon X2 fine with borderlands maxed out. It depends on what you are doing? Gaming wise i sometimes think its a overkill. The thing is the more up to date things are the longer they last in the long run.

How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkEnvy wrote:
So Gone wrote:

Same thing. Im running my AMD Athlon X2 fine with borderlands maxed out. It depends on what you are doing? Gaming wise i sometimes think its a overkill. The thing is the more up to date things are the longer they last in the long run.
Yea you're right even running the best games isn't much different as long as your processor isn't just plain useless. Having a quad is not necessary.
superweapons
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Q6600 is still chugging along nicely. I would like something better for After Effects though: with complex HD projects, RAM previews can slow to a crawl. I personally still don't see i7 being fast enough to justify an entire platform switch. Maybe Sandy Bridge or AMD Bulldozer will impress me enough to make a leap.
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obsolete yes, but far from useless. You'd be surprised how many people still buy used Pentium 4 systems.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: