Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Edit text in games
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skull Kid
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 11:33 am    Post subject: Edit text in games This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

Is it possible to edit text in games with Cheat Engine?

Skull Kid

Originally known as "saken".
Haxory'
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: Edit text in games Reply with quote

VY Canis Majoris wrote:

Yes. Verry possible. But to patch it up i'd go with a disassembler.
Skull Kid
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: Edit text in games Reply with quote

haxory' wrote:
VY Canis Majoris wrote:

Could I use the "Text" Value Type?

Skull Kid

Haxory'

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Edit text in games This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

VY Canis Majoris wrote:
haxory' wrote:
VY Canis Majoris wrote:

Could I use the "Text" Value Type?

That would probably work yes.
Skull Kid
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get this while trying to edit some text in the game, and then only a part of the text shows up.

Image 4.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  20.12 KB
 Viewed:  37329 Time(s)

Image 4.jpg

Image 3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  23.59 KB
 Viewed:  37329 Time(s)

Image 3.jpg

Skull Kid

Skull Kid
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The text seem to be changing address everytime it shows up again. Is there any way to still have a "Cheat Table" that works?

Skull Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY Canis Majoris wrote:
The text seem to be changing address everytime it shows up again. Is there any way to still have a "Cheat Table" that works?
Find pointer.
Skull Kid
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

konr wrote:
VY Canis Majoris wrote:
Find pointer.

I successfully managed to make a pointer on the address I wanted BUT, now comes the next problem. I can only have 4 letters in the value for the text. 5 Makes the text in the game look weird. Help please?

EDIT:
Quote:
Pointers are wonderful. They posses great power. They are very useful. Like I said, VERY useful. Pointer is like arrow/line/finger that points specific address’s value. It will point it always, even if value will change its location. Most games now uses values changing addresses, so pointers are really important.
First, scan for value shown on the bottom of tutorial window. If you will find it, find out what writes to it, go to tutorial and change value. Now return to window that appeared after clicking “find out what writes to this address”. There should be some code. Click on it and select “More information” or just double click it. See code with red arrows on its left? If it points to code that’s between [ and ], look what is written under “The value of the pointer needed to find this address is probably” and Remember it. Now go to CE main window, and tick “Hex” box near window where you write value that you want to scan for. If you ticked it, in window next to this box should appear 00000000. Change it with remembered value and click First Scan. It should find one/few addresses. Now, look at left and down. You will see “Add address manually” button. Press it. New window should pop up. In it, tick “Pointer” box. After this, window should get longer. In Address of pointer write address(Address, no value! Address is this one on left, under “Address” label)which you found when you were scanning for hex value. In Offset (hex) write 0(yea, just zero). Click OK. In bottom window you should see new address, like P->xxxxxxxx, and next to it its value. If value is ??, you made something wrong. Here is shorter version for this, if you failed:

1. Find value(this one in tutorial window)
2. Find out what writes to it
3. Change value and double click on just shown code in “Find out what…” window
4. Remember what is written under ” The value of the pointer needed to find this address is probably”
5. In Cheat engine tick “Hex” box(it’s under New Scan/First Scan)
6. Write remembered code and scan for it
7. If it found 1 address, remember it. If it found few, correct one is probably this one at the top. NOTE. Remember Address, no value! This is important!
8. Click “Add address manually” button
9. Tick “Pointer” box
10. In Address of pointer write remembered address
11. In Offset(Hex) leave 0
12. Click Ok
13. in bottom window look on new address(it should be P->xxxxxxxx)
14. If its value is ??, repeat step from 1-14

Go to tutorial window and click Change Pointer. Now you have 3 seconds to change our pointer(address with P->xxxxxxxx) to 5000. Don’t worry if you missed. Just once more click Change Pointer and once more try to change it in time. If you will, click Next.

I tried out this tutorial, but I when I was going to do a hex search for the address in the Extra Info window, I got 0 results.

Skull Kid

Skull Kid
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to find a pointer to "Text" that keeps changing address everytime it disappears and shows up again?

EDIT: I have now tried both "Find out what writes to this address" and "Find out what accesses this address" and 0 found addresses with both!

VY Canis Majoris wrote:
I'm also having problems with this! I play a game called Robot Wars Extreme Destruction and in the game, when you're about to start fighting, the status/info screen pops up before every robot, telling info about them. It's the "Weight" info I want to change and freeze to 100KG but it seems every time the status/info screen jumps back to my own robot, the address to the "Weight" Value has changed! Is there any way to find a pointer to this "Text" and freeze it?

Skull Kid

Radiation
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY Canis Majoris wrote:
Is it possible to find a pointer to "Text" that keeps changing address everytime it disappears and shows up again?

EDIT: I have now tried both "Find out what writes to this address" and "Find out what accesses this address" and 0 found addresses with both!

VY Canis Majoris wrote:
I'm also having problems with this! I play a game called Robot Wars Extreme Destruction and in the game, when you're about to start fighting, the status/info screen pops up before every robot, telling info about them. It's the "Weight" info I want to change and freeze to 100KG but it seems every time the status/info screen jumps back to my own robot, the address to the "Weight" Value has changed! Is there any way to find a pointer to this "Text" and freeze it?

err... you're gonna have to do a code cave... find out what writes to text, then make that code jump somewhere else... then you can change the length of the text... it's pretty complicated, but useful Smile

Playing/Embedding XM and MOD files in Visual Basic 6

.erutangis ruoy ni siht esu neht ,sdrawkcab siht daer ot hguone trams erew uoy fI
I can spell your name backwards: ‮Hitler
Skull Kid
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

itapa wrote:
VY Canis Majoris wrote:

VY Canis Majoris wrote:

err... you're gonna have to do a code cave... find out what writes to text, then make that code jump somewhere else... then you can change the
length of the text... it's pretty complicated, but useful Smile

Ok. So now I've found the address, and so far, it is still working. What do I do next?

Image 4.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  76.74 KB
 Viewed:  37130 Time(s)

Image 4.jpg

Skull Kid

Radiation
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

find out what writes to it

keep posting the screenshots, they're useful for me in helping you. Very Happy

.erutangis ruoy ni siht esu neht ,sdrawkcab siht daer ot hguone trams erew uoy fI
Skull Kid
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

itapa wrote:
find out what writes to it

keep posting the screenshots, they're useful for me in helping you. Very Happy

Ok. Here's the next one.

EDIT: As you can see, I found nothing. No address at all when I searched for 09F36260 ([edi+08]).

Image 7.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  157.99 KB
 Viewed:  37113 Time(s)

Image 7.jpg

Image 6.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  164.98 KB
 Viewed:  37118 Time(s)

Image 6.jpg

Skull Kid

Radiation
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting... what does Dark Byte have to say about this?

Skull Kid
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is that the value doesn't change, but the address does, every time the text disappears and reappears again, the address is different than the one I found first in Cheat Engine.

Skull Kid

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: