Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Overclocking my CPU
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SFP+
Comp. talk moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orthos is another one I've used when overclocking.
Hero
I'm a spammer

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 7:24 am    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

Did you happen to check your bios for OC stuff? Some Bios can OC the cpu from it, making 3rd party programs not required.
hcavolsdsadgadsg
I'm a spammer

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hero wrote:
Did you happen to check your bios for OC stuff? Some Bios can OC the cpu from it, making 3rd party programs not required.

oh

my

goodness
Hero
I'm a spammer

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slovach wrote:
Hero wrote:

oh

my

goodness
Yea my first mobo could do it. Sadly it caught fire and I bought a cheaper one from a local store to get back on my pc. I miss it.
hcavolsdsadgadsg
I'm a spammer

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what
Cheetah
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hero wrote:

Are you implying that overclocks aren't typically done from the BIOS? Doing it from a third party program is half-assed and rarely ever works right, it should be assumed that he'd be overclocking from the BIOS.

Don't even bother overclocking your GPU unless you have a nice aftermarket cooler, otherwise you're just asking for a dead card.
Hero
I'm a spammer

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheetah wrote:
Hero wrote:

Are you implying that overclocks aren't typically done from the BIOS? Doing it from a third party program is half-assed and rarely ever works right, it should be assumed that he'd be overclocking from the BIOS.

Don't even bother overclocking your GPU unless you have a nice aftermarket cooler, otherwise you're just asking for a dead card.
People still OC with third party programs fine. Bios OC is a lot more stable. Not every bios can OC obviously.
bfsdbsdfbdsfb
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got tools for OCING with my parts. They work rly well.
Cheetah
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hero wrote:
Cheetah wrote:
Hero wrote:

People still OC with third party programs fine. Bios OC is a lot more stable. Not every bios can OC obviously.

The problem is that without being able to lock the PCI/PCI-e bus speeds, you're not only severely limited by the amount you can raise the overclock, to the point of it not being worth it, but your stability will go down the shitter, and can damage hardware and corrupt data very quickly.

Overclocking should only be done from the BIOS, or with a manufacturer supplied program.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: