Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how to decompile?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General programming -> Crackmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coaster3000
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: how to decompile? Reply with quote

I see a lot of things on this forum. I see a lot of people posting code from something i don't know. Seems as if its un compiled? Is there a decompiler or something?

Is there a list somewhere. I have a few things i want to decompile (things i made and lost source to) like my torpia toolbar i made a while back. i found my app i uploaded somewhere. now i have to update it. but i forgot to save on my flash. (i formatted harddrive... ) sucks for me. I can just start over. But i rather just fix my bugs. and move on to new project. alwell. Is there a decompiler for C++, VB6, VB.net and C#???

I know google is my friend... LOL i get that alot but a lot of stuff i tend to get viruses from... LOL
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
atom0s

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downloading everything you find on Google is not the smartest of things to do. Get things from trusted sources, and even then, don't trust it. Debug anything you are planning to use that isn't professionally made and do research before using things to help reduce the risk of getting a virus.

If you are incapable of doing that, use online scanners or get a virus scanner.

As for decompilers, not every language has one, some do not have anything that will fully decompile back to the original code etc. so you are left to fill in the blanks.

C/C++ you can disassemble and debug but not fully decompile.
VB5/6 has some decompilers, but, you will never get fully usable code.
VB.NET / C# you can use Reflector if the file is not obfuscated or altered.

Other then that debugging and reversing is your next best bet to rebuilding lost code. Or just start from scratch.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General programming -> Crackmes All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: