Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with debugging functions please =]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Source
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hoodles
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Help with debugging functions please =] Reply with quote

Well after a vast amount of time trying to interpret the source of CE, I realized that not knowing how to code in Delphi was too large a barrier in understanding how a program like CE functions. I just want to be able to do simple, and single, functions like set a breakpoint or change a register (probably a little more complex) on a certain address in my own program. I am using C++ to code and I tried using some functions from the dbk32.dll in my own proggie to no avail.

Some assistance please! A block of code with comments or a source file would be greatly appreciated! Thank you. =]
UberNoob
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zOMG! It's hoodles from mSecrets! (I think)

Anyways... I am a noob... but I try to help, so...

Since dbk32.dll is written in Delphi... and C++/Delphi functions (or at least the commands/instructions/codelines/BLAHs/whatevers/ are) very different. So.... wouldn't you have to convert the dll source from Delphi to C++, compile it, and THEN try to use it?

BTW, I'm pretty sure majority of the debugging (well at least kernelmode) stuffies is in dbk32.sys...

... 1 1

"SHA ZAAM" (and other variations of it) ARE MY WORDS! WTF, DON'T USE IT! z0mg

Dark Byte wrote:
Xentar, WTF DID YOU DO TO YOUR DISASSEMBLER ?
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the main thing about dll's (and objects) is that they work on every language.

But simple stuff like settings breakpoints isn't in the dll though \(except the kernel option to change a register on a address and find what accesses)
for real debugging like setting a breakpoint and single stepping through the code you need to use the windows api. The main api calls are DebugActiveProcess,WaitForDebugEvent and ContinueDebugEvent

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Hoodles
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually the only thing i need to do is change a register on an address. I don't need to step through code or actual "debugging" functions like that as of right now.

I realize that I can use the functions in the dll, that's the point of a dll =P I just need to know which to use and what parameters. =]

I also want to use the kernel mode functions opposed to the usermode anywayz, so I guess that just works out.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a function called changeregonbp , It takes as param the processid, the address to change and lots of other parameters to define what registers to change and change to what. (don't know them out of my head, but look at the function declares)

when that has been enabled the kernel will change the registers to what you want when it detects a hardware breakpoint at the address you specied.
To set a hardware breakpoint set the debugregister you want. (also keep track of what debugregister you use because you need to give that to the driver, 0,1,2 or 3)

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Hoodles
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds good =] Thanks db
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Source All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: